The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Update on the Boudreaux trial

Go down 
+2
Mikado&Chalice
buzhunter
6 posters
AuthorMessage
buzhunter
Admin
buzhunter

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2007-10-14

Update on the Boudreaux trial Empty
PostSubject: Update on the Boudreaux trial   Update on the Boudreaux trial Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 4:14 am

Here is a link to an update on the Floyd and Guy Boudreaux trial.

http://www.wafb.com/global/story.asp?s=7543298
Back to top Go down
Mikado&Chalice
Top Pit
Top Pit
Mikado&Chalice

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2006-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Boudreaux trial   Update on the Boudreaux trial Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 5:09 am

Why do have to keep tying up the courts. I don't know why if some one is guilty we can't skip the trail and just sentence them. Granted you wouldn't be-able to do this all the time because of false charges and such but I thought they (officials) found the treadmills and a pit and blood stained walls in an outbuilding. Plus 64 pitbulls what in the world would anyone have 64 dogs of any breed for. I can't imagine the upkeep for them. Does anyone know what happened to these dogs?
Back to top Go down
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2006-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Boudreaux trial   Update on the Boudreaux trial Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 10:49 am

Don't ask how I know but prolonging a trial is a defence lawyer tactic..
Back to top Go down
http://garage-inc.your-board.com/
buzhunter
Admin
buzhunter

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Boudreaux trial   Update on the Boudreaux trial Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 10:41 pm

I won't ask. lol But you are probably right. Glad to see you here anyway. Don't be a stranger!
Back to top Go down
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2006-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Boudreaux trial   Update on the Boudreaux trial Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 8:17 am

I stop by all the time but no one's home..
Back to top Go down
http://garage-inc.your-board.com/
buzhunter
Admin
buzhunter

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Boudreaux trial   Update on the Boudreaux trial Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 8:32 am

LOL. That's because right now we are actually talking in the other place. HAHA
Back to top Go down
Texpitbull2
Admin
Texpitbull2

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Boudreaux trial   Update on the Boudreaux trial Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 1:53 am

Hey I'm gonna stay out of this one ,
Back to top Go down
Mikado&Chalice
Top Pit
Top Pit
Mikado&Chalice

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Boudreaux trial   Update on the Boudreaux trial Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 2:32 am

Come on Nick post what you feel about this. A good debate helps get people involved we just have to remeber to keep our pitbull traits in check.
Back to top Go down
Old_Blood
Jr. Pup
Jr. Pup

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Boudreaux trial   Update on the Boudreaux trial Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 4:46 pm

Mikado&Chalice wrote:
Why do have to keep tying up the courts. I don't know why if some one is guilty we can't skip the trail and just sentence them. Granted you wouldn't be-able to do this all the time because of false charges and such but I thought they (officials) found the treadmills and a pit and blood stained walls in an outbuilding. Plus 64 pitbulls what in the world would anyone have 64 dogs of any breed for. I can't imagine the upkeep for them. Does anyone know what happened to these dogs?

Since when are treadmills evidence of dog fighting. scratch I guess according to HSUS it is.

Where did you find the info of the evidence? I've been following it best I can but find conflicting information.

People who are breeders, especially if they've been at it for a long time will often have a large yard. They actually feed what they breed. They have retired breeding dogs as well. I also understand that he was boarding/holding some dogs for others? Which I've done myself having up to an extra 20 dogs here at times. Only something I do for those I know, made the mistake once of letting an acquaintance keep 4 dogs here which turned out to a disaster.

Number of dogs is not evidence of dog fighting. There are large kennels in other breeds, many even employ full time staff especially if they 100+ dogs. The staff walk, feed, play with, water, clean up after and so on the dogs daily. There are breeders considered reputable in the AKC circles who have large kennels others have really small ones. I would never like to do it this way because I like that personal interaction with mine and them treated the way I treat them. It'd be weird for me to pay someone to do it like that I think. Hammonds has about 100 dogs and also does the same, has hired help, there is a pretty well known weight puller which has a kennel of about 50 dogs they are certainly not fighting these dogs, I've been on several large yards 25, 50+ dogs.

I couldn't imagine doing 10yrs at that age. I can only think the trial isn't going to go too well for him. I donated all I could to help out but have a feeling nothing is going to really help change the situation.
Back to top Go down
Mikado&Chalice
Top Pit
Top Pit
Mikado&Chalice

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Boudreaux trial   Update on the Boudreaux trial Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 10:05 pm

I'm sure that I read he had a an old building and inside was the set-up for fighting and blood stained walls. Plus I heard that they found piles of dead dogs on the back of the property. If I remeber correctly the article I read said he didn't like people just coming around and the kennel was run by him and his son. I have lots of dogs at my place as I take in rescues but I have never had 64 dogs. The ariel shot I'll grant you didn't look bad but some of the dogs I saw pictures of had lots of scaring on their faces. They looked well fed but the injuries got to me. Granted they could have just gotten loose and fought but I guess unless you were there you will never really know what went on.
Back to top Go down
bgblok68
Jr. Pup
Jr. Pup

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Boudreaux trial   Update on the Boudreaux trial Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 3:03 am

Here's one story.............

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.pets.dogs.breed-specific-legislation/msg/e762bdb596b8db60

Old_Blood I agree with you.
Back to top Go down
Old_Blood
Jr. Pup
Jr. Pup

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Boudreaux trial   Update on the Boudreaux trial Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 5:31 am

I read many of the reports and watched the news coverage and never heard about dead dogs laying around the property? That would have been something I'd think they would really be putting out there repeatly like they did with the Vick case. So I'm not sure.

You rescue and what not but haven't been breeding for several decades right? Big difference. Now if someone has a lot of dogs and can't properly care for them thats wrong but its simply neglect and not dog fighting. How many dogs a person keeps is their choice, whether it be 1 or 100 as long as they are all properly cared for. The upkeep is costly and time consuming (which is why most have employees) but its their choice so they deal with it.

bgblok68 wrote:
Here's one story.............

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.pets.dogs.breed-specific-legislation/msg/e762bdb596b8db60

Old_Blood I agree with you.

What BS, I almost got sick reading it. I hate all the humane groups bull crap they have pushed out there. Granted I know some people treat their fighting dogs badly and use "training methods" all of which do little make the dog a better fighter but more to make it react aggressively. The dogs are not trained, beaten, inhumanely treated to make them fight.

dogs from his stock fetch prices as high as $10,000 apiece.

What dogs were these? I'm not saying it never happened but did they ever come up with the evidence for this or just speculate. Almost every dog fighting bust or "info" article I read always talks about how these dogs go for xxxgrand with 100g purses and the like but they never have the cash flow evidence to prove it.
If he was getting as much each as these American Bully breeders do then I doubt he'd be living the way he did. I know people who got stock directly from him and they never paid anywhere near that type of atrocious price. I'm not saying it never happened and never does happen because some of them do go for that much, but I highly doubt it was the norm. The one thing I don't agree with is the dogs he did sell out to almost anyone over many years, which is why there are so many Boudreaux dogs out there and I doubt all them people were paying even a quarter of that price.

He has appeared regularly on the covers of dog fighting magazines and newsletters since the 1950s posing next to his prizefighting canines

Do they have all these mags and evidence of what they say? The only game dog magazines I have with him on the cover is pre 76 or after 76 BUT with pics that are decades old so pretty irrelevant and past the statute of limitations even if taken in the later 70s/early 80s.

The dogs bore the scars of violence, the result of their suffering both
inside the fighting pit and during their brutal training. In order to be
a champion in the vicious "sport" of dog fighting, canine competitors
are prevented from all normal and nurturing social interaction with
humans and other dogs.

WTF are they talking about? Prevented from normal social interactions? Complete and utter BS. What "brutal training" are they talking about?

Trainers favor pit bulls over other breeds because they have strong jaws, but humanely raised pit bulls make affectionate and loyal companions.

Um no they favor them because they have been bred for gameness and fighting for over a century from bulldogs used to bait other animals and terriers used on vermin. The same reason why many police departments favor shepherds and ranchers favor cattle dogs. Dogs bred to do the job.
Game dogs make loyal, stable, affectionate companions like any other Pit Bull. Yet I've seen dogs "raised humanely" that are still be DA and/or kill another dog, cat, opossum, raccoon, geez I've even met many human aggressive pet Pits all raised with "love" and treated properly.

Can't believe dogs have to die because of their ignorance and bias. I highly doubt ALL were too aggressive for adoption. What type of idiots write this, you don't even have to know about Pit Bulls specifically to know that many breeds have prey drive, dog aggression and ALL terriers were bred to KILL something. Jack Russells will fight each other and kill other animals. It has nothing to do with being "inhumanely raised".

It is the repeated beatings they experience at the hands of their trainers and their constant neglect that turns these innocent dogs into involuntary killers.

"Innocent dogs" into "involuntary killers" beating a dog isn't going to make it be game or even make it fight. Sure as heck will make for a scared, fearful or shy dog. Not an "involuntary killer". Neglecting a dog makes them the same, have social problems, nothing more and nothing less. Some might be aggressive, most neglected dogs are not, just a bit scared and untrained is all.

With the humane groups beliefs just about every Pit Bull owner is a dog fighter. Its getting pretty tiring. Springpole, treadmill, 2" collar, multi Pits, walking/jogging with a Pit Bull, chaining/kenneling, pulling weights, those are all "signs of dog fighting" according to the humane society. As well the "fact" that dogs trained to fight will turn on people for no apparent reason. Rolling Eyes No

Quite frankly I'm getting tired of having law enforcement and the like come out. Is it because I have Pits? Is it because I have everything a dog fighter supposedly has so I can "train" dogs to fight? The Vick case seems to have a lot of these people antsy to make another "bust" even without real evidence, only the BS "evidence" of the humane groups. I know far too many people getting out of dogs because of fear, including those who have nothing to hide.
Back to top Go down
buzhunter
Admin
buzhunter

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Boudreaux trial   Update on the Boudreaux trial Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 2:20 am

Absolutely nothing but assumptions and misconceptions on the part of the media, the "humane" (money machine) society and the legal (extortion) system. The whole idea of breaking up any "dogfighting ring" LOL is purely driven by $$$. The courts and the HS make a killing off of cases like this at the expense of the dog owners and the dogs. Bleeding hearts and do-gooders see cases like the Vick case and just assume that anybody with a bulldog is an eaqually sick and twisted *sshole. I don't know what FB is guilty of but to persecute and icon of the dogworld only on probable cause and without evidence beyond a shadow of a doubt is a disgrace to this "legal sysytem" and a total waste of time and money. So, what will they accomplish if he is found guilty? They get to incarcerate an old man? Please, it is disgusting to say the least. So many things are going on in plain sight with no action out of this government but when they see a way to get votes from people who hate to think of anything "terrible" they will work hard to pander to the special interests.
They can stretch the laws and rob a man of his due process in the name of "righting a terrible wrong". In the meanwhile, I have to look at the future of this country where my kids are supposed to enjoy liberty and freedom and know that one of the only things that they can count on is that the government will protect votes before they will protect us and our rights.
Back to top Go down
bgblok68
Jr. Pup
Jr. Pup

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Boudreaux trial   Update on the Boudreaux trial Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 3:19 am

Guilty until proven innocent. The man seemed to have been taking good care of his animals. This is what gets me.......How is murdering, ooops " euthanizing" his dogs not inhumane and crule? How can a person tell someone they think that he is being cruel to his animals, so in defense of the animals and thier well being, take them and murder them? How is this better for the animals? It's all about the money and the power. At someone elses expense.
Back to top Go down
Old_Blood
Jr. Pup
Jr. Pup

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Boudreaux trial   Update on the Boudreaux trial Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 8:48 am

Both good post!

bgblok we were thinking the same thing at my house. How are the dogs better off dead? "too aggressive" to be adopted out. I kind of doubt it, I believe they are just assuming this since they are assuming the dogs are fighting dogs and most places PTS on that basis without giving them a chance. They will say the dogs are going to be too dangerous, too aggressive but they never even give them a chance at adoption, temperament test or any of that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update on the Boudreaux trial   Update on the Boudreaux trial Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Update on the Boudreaux trial
Page 1 of 1