The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Greetings from Louisiana

Go down 
+3
ericschevy
Mikado&Chalice
reignpitbull2
7 posters
AuthorMessage
reignpitbull2
Jr. Pup
Jr. Pup
reignpitbull2

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-01-06

Greetings from Louisiana Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from Louisiana   Greetings from Louisiana Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 2:22 pm

Hey! I am the better half of texpitbull2. I figured since he asks me all the time how to spell for posting (among other things), I should join up and show that I have the same enthusiasm for our animals as he does. I am a born-again pitbull hater. For the first 8 years of our 11 year marriage, I fought against having a pit due to my ignorance and fear of this breed. Almost 3 years ago, at Nick's birthday, he stated that he wanted a puppy. I shrugged my shoulders and said, "Ok, what kind are you getting?" (Ignorance, I admit, lead to my agreement in his next statement. You guys must understand that I was raised on a farm, but the dogs we had were cow dogs, hunting dogs, lap dogs and other politically correct breeds. On the other hand, Nick was raised around pitbulls and other breeds that the community I am from would have frowned on.) Nick's reply to me was simple....."American Staffordshire Terrier". Huh, I thought, a terrier to me represents a smaller sized dog with kid-friendly tendencies. They say ignorance is bliss and I suppose they (whoever they are) are right. He left that morning with money in hand and returned home with his prize. When I laid eyes on this big eared, goofy acting, affectionate animal, my heart was his. Later that night, I checked out on line what a staffy was......and, lo and behold, I realized that Nick had finally gotten his pitbull that he always wanted. When I mentioned to Nick that I had read up on staffys, he admitted that Tex was an APBT and not a staffy, like he had lead me to believe. Let's not bash Nick for his trickery. Let's rejoice that he did so. Otherwise, I would have never allowed these wonderful dogs into my life. I can truthfully admit that I have been changed from a hater to a lover of this breed. I have never encounter an animal as intelligent, affectionate, submissive, and full of heart as a pitbull has to give. I hope to share information about the breed with you guys. And also I wish to finally meet some of Nick's on line family.
Back to top Go down
Mikado&Chalice
Top Pit
Top Pit
Mikado&Chalice

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2006-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Louisiana   Greetings from Louisiana Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 9:34 pm

Hi and welcome to the board. I have really enjoyed getting to know Nick and I hope that you and I can become cyber friends too. I love your dogs Tex and Reign I wouldn't mind seeing more pictures of them. See ya around.
Back to top Go down
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2006-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Louisiana   Greetings from Louisiana Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 5:57 am

Glad to see you two decided to join forces. Welcome..
Back to top Go down
http://garage-inc.your-board.com/
buzhunter
Admin
buzhunter

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2007-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Louisiana   Greetings from Louisiana Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 9:45 am

Welcome, welcome. Glad to finally meet you and look forward to chatting.
Back to top Go down
bgblok68
Jr. Pup
Jr. Pup

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Greetings from Louisiana   Greetings from Louisiana Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 11:01 am

Hey The "American Staffordshire Terrier " thing worked for me around 25 yrs ago when I got my first Pit Bull pup. All the friends and neighbors loved him. He grew up with my kids that were 2 and 4 at the time. After a couple of years I told them what he really was. They couldn't believe it. Especially after all the BS that was going around back then. They were trying to ban them in the county I live in back then.
Back to top Go down
geisthexe
Jr. Pup
Jr. Pup
geisthexe

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Louisiana   Greetings from Louisiana Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 8:19 pm

Hi Reign

Nice to finally meet you online. I am Nicks other friend who has mainly Presa Canario's but I do have a true STAFFIE (not an American Staffordshire Terrier) but a English Staffordshire Bull Terrier and an APBT

It is nice to see you came around about the breed. My man "Sean" when I decided to rescue out pit, he was pissed off at me as he told me NEVER WILL THERE BE A PIT IN THIS HOUSE, yeah he has Presa's Hello!!!! He told me I could keep him long enough to find the dog a home. I had other plans but I did try to find a home until he told me this. After having "Juda" the pit in our home, Sean says thank you. I said for what, he says: for allowing me to get to know a pit bull, I had such fear of them from all the media, storys, visions you see of what they have done everything. I was more afraid of a pit bull then a bigger dog. So now having Juda I know they are not bad dogs.

So I am truly happy you came around to loving them as well. Cuz we all would not know that man of yours Very Happy

Deb
Back to top Go down
sw_df27
Jr. Pup
Jr. Pup
sw_df27

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2007-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Louisiana   Greetings from Louisiana Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 12:10 am

Hello and welcome!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Louisiana   Greetings from Louisiana Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Louisiana
Page 1 of 1