The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

mange

Go down 
+2
schismatickennels
wheezie wayne
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
wheezie wayne
Top Pit
Top Pit
wheezie wayne

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2006-11-11

mange - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: mange   mange - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2006 11:48 pm

redsky wrote:
Wayne I think once people have been in the breed or any breed long enough they go throw just about everything! There are no exceptions we all go through happy days and heck days.

Your welcome my point in posting it was to make sure your feeding him the correct amounts because the two dogs that had issues starting healing shortly after the raw diet and two weeks is a long time.

i got a uestion you might be able to awnser, rico can now digest bones completly his stools are fine. all i have been giving him so far are chicken quarters, my question is this, now that he can digest raw meats should i start feeing him muscle meats and organ meats. i planed on starting monday but now with him having his first dip i wasent sure if i should or not
Back to top Go down
redsky

mange - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: mange   mange - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2006 12:43 am

wheezie wayne wrote:
redsky wrote:
Wayne I think once people have been in the breed or any breed long enough they go throw just about everything! There are no exceptions we all go through happy days and heck days.

Your welcome my point in posting it was to make sure your feeding him the correct amounts because the two dogs that had issues starting healing shortly after the raw diet and two weeks is a long time.

i got a uestion you might be able to awnser, rico can now digest bones completly his stools are fine. all i have been giving him so far are chicken quarters, my question is this, now that he can digest raw meats should i start feeing him muscle meats and organ meats. i planed on starting monday but now with him having his first dip i wasent sure if i should or not

He needs the full diet so yes start it. If he is not getting the right intact it really doesn't benefit him any. Make sure not to over do the organ meat though (which most of us only give three times a week such as liver).
Back to top Go down
wheezie wayne
Top Pit
Top Pit
wheezie wayne

mange - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: mange   mange - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2006 12:55 am

ok I'll start with 5% muscle meat tonight and knock his RMB down to 95%. i tried getting some beef heart but my place doesent carry it so im gonna have to get something else.
Back to top Go down
redsky

mange - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: mange   mange - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2006 1:05 am

wheezie wayne wrote:
ok I'll start with 5% muscle meat tonight and knock his RMB down to 95%. i tried getting some beef heart but my place doesent carry it so im gonna have to get something else.

Liver is the easiest to find. I use the chicken liver instead of beef. Just a personal preference though.
Back to top Go down
wheezie wayne
Top Pit
Top Pit
wheezie wayne

mange - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: mange   mange - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2006 1:15 am

liver is an organ meat im lookin for a muscle meat, after i introduce a new muscle meat I will then introduce a organ meat
Back to top Go down
redsky

mange - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: mange   mange - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2006 1:23 am

wheezie wayne wrote:
liver is an organ meat im lookin for a muscle meat, after i introduce a new muscle meat I will then introduce a organ meat

I keep forgeting it's not an organ but you can try turkey breast. I really steer clear of a lot of pork and beef but again that's just me. Ground beef is also good and easy to find!
Back to top Go down
wheezie wayne
Top Pit
Top Pit
wheezie wayne

mange - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: mange   mange - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2006 1:32 am

is it ok to feed only chicken? i was thinking i could give him chicken breast for muscle meat, im just scared ground beef wouldnt agree with him, im just being so cautious cause of his dips and i dont wana inflect any other unesecary harm on my lil guy. but if he needs differnt kinds of meat i could do ground beef.
Back to top Go down
redsky

mange - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: mange   mange - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2006 1:39 am

wheezie wayne wrote:
is it ok to feed only chicken? i was thinking i could give him chicken breast for muscle meat, im just scared ground beef wouldnt agree with him, im just being so cautious cause of his dips and i dont wana inflect any other unesecary harm on my lil guy. but if he needs differnt kinds of meat i could do ground beef.

You can do all chicken I do lol. It has not caused a problem for me at all. I don't do beef or pork most times less i have no choice.
Back to top Go down
wheezie wayne
Top Pit
Top Pit
wheezie wayne

mange - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: mange   mange - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2006 1:40 am

ok cool, I'll go get some muscle meat after work
Back to top Go down
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2006-11-09

mange - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: mange   mange - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2006 1:04 am

Good luck!!! I hope that all goes well for ya!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
bradthepit
Jr. Pup
Jr. Pup
bradthepit

Number of posts : 35

mange - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: mange   mange - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2006 12:48 am

[quote]if it does become localized you have a fight on your hands. If you got this dog from a breeder, please let them know that the dog has demotetic mange, it could be detremental to his breedings in the future.

Don`t you mean generalised not localised? Anyways...Brad had the dips, 7 of them. I used a good shampoo (coatex) put him extra Vitamin C (yes i know they produce their own) ecinacea (spelling??) garlic, and extra Vit A.

7 baths later, and a change of diet, it cleared up. He had generalised and it was spreading rapidly.

Of what i know so far, most pups will grow out of it, but should it reappear in adulthood, it could be a faulty recessive gene, the T-Cell i believe.

If you go to GoPitBull, do a search and it will give you progress reports on what happened with Bradley.

Hang tight, imo try treatments, dips are harsh, but for Brad that worked wonders. If it don`t work, keep trying alternative methods.

All the best geezer.
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 799
Registration date : 2006-11-09

mange - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: mange   mange - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2006 3:04 am

[quote="bradthepit"]
Quote :
if it does become localized you have a fight on your hands. If you got this dog from a breeder, please let them know that the dog has demotetic mange, it could be detremental to his breedings in the future.

Don`t you mean generalised not localised? Anyways...Brad had the dips, 7 of them. I used a good shampoo (coatex) put him extra Vitamin C (yes i know they produce their own) ecinacea (spelling??) garlic, and extra Vit A.

7 baths later, and a change of diet, it cleared up. He had generalised and it was spreading rapidly.

Of what i know so far, most pups will grow out of it, but should it reappear in adulthood, it could be a faulty recessive gene, the T-Cell i believe.

If you go to GoPitBull, do a search and it will give you progress reports on what happened with Bradley.

Hang tight, imo try treatments, dips are harsh, but for Brad that worked wonders. If it don`t work, keep trying alternative methods.

All the best geezer.

Yes I meant generalized.

What works for one dog may not work for another.
Back to top Go down
http://www.schismatickennels.com
Sponsored content

mange - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: mange   mange - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

mange
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pit Boss :: GENERAL TOPICS :: Pit Tales-
Jump to: