The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Limping/Now not limping?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2006-11-08

Limping/Now not limping? Empty
PostSubject: Limping/Now not limping?   Limping/Now not limping? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2006 6:12 am

I dont know Legend got up a few minutes ago and his back left leg he was limping on. At first he wouldnt put it down, Then he started walking on it still limping, and then he started doing this kicking back thing. Like when after a dog goes to the potty with his leg. We didnt go for our usual long walk today. Its been cold all day so we stayed in and played. I don't think he tripped or anything. I looked inbetween his toes and felt his toes,ankle, hip and leg. It didnt bother him. Now he's not limping. Could it be growing pains? Not sure if dogs can still get those at his age( almost 13 months) He does has a scab on his pad from running around like a maniac last week. But I don't know if it would bother him now. Anybody got any ideas as to what it could be? I'm hoping nothing serious but I'm thinking the worst of course...Ugh!!!!!!!!!!! This is the last thing I need right now.
Back to top Go down
American

PostSubject: Re: Limping/Now not limping?   Limping/Now not limping? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2006 6:16 am

You said that legend got up...so he was sleeping? Maybe his leg was asleep Question Thats the only thing I can think of. How is handsome doing?
Back to top Go down
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

PostSubject: Re: Limping/Now not limping?   Limping/Now not limping? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2006 6:25 am

He wasnt asleep. He was watching t.v! lol. And then after 15 minutes got up and came over and I noticed he was limping. I'm wondering if its Panosteitis. I sure hope not. I'm going to check the calcium level in his food.....Legend's doing fine. How's Chopper, Babu, Bones, and Medusa?
Back to top Go down
Judy
Charter Member
Charter Member
Judy

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2006-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Limping/Now not limping?   Limping/Now not limping? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2006 9:43 am

As a pup, Buster would limp on and off and we found out his knee was falling in and out of place so we had surgery done on both his back legs. Not saying that's what you're facing, but if it keeps happening, it can't hurt to check with vet.
Back to top Go down
trejos kennels
Top Pit
Top Pit
trejos kennels

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2006-11-17

PostSubject: yep   Limping/Now not limping? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2006 9:51 am

yep i was thinking the same thing as judy i also had my fmele Tequilla doing the same thing... and she had a tear in the ligament that runs in between the knee and was making it go in and out of place and she had to have surgery... and she had the same symptoms...
Back to top Go down
http://trejoskennels.bravehost.com
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

PostSubject: Re: Limping/Now not limping?   Limping/Now not limping? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2006 9:51 am

Judy wrote:
As a pup, Buster would limp on and off and we found out his knee was falling in and out of place so we had surgery done on both his back legs. Not saying that's what you're facing, but if it keeps happening, it can't hurt to check with vet.

I was thinking if it wasnt something inbetween his toes then maybe its his knee. I have him resting in his crate If I see him limping tomorrow. I'm taking him to the vet......It's just strange b/c Gemyni was limping 2 week after she slid running after Legend and was trying to avoid running into the gate. Then Tasha last week. Now him......I tell ya if its not him its one of them. LOL
Back to top Go down
American

PostSubject: Re: Limping/Now not limping?   Limping/Now not limping? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2006 10:43 am

Everyone here is doing great, thanks for asking! I have updated pics of babu, but wonder if I should post em cause not everyone knows the story...
Back to top Go down
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

PostSubject: Re: Limping/Now not limping?   Limping/Now not limping? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2006 10:47 am

Post them.If you need to explain. Just give a short version. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wheezie wayne
Top Pit
Top Pit
wheezie wayne

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2006-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Limping/Now not limping?   Limping/Now not limping? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2006 8:39 pm

i hope legend will be ok let me know hos hes doing
Back to top Go down
American

PostSubject: Re: Limping/Now not limping?   Limping/Now not limping? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2006 10:40 pm

Will do legend....try to keep it short as possible...lol I have a hard time keeping things short, have to explain every thing....see like now lol!
Back to top Go down
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

PostSubject: Re: Limping/Now not limping?   Limping/Now not limping? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2006 2:05 am

LOL....Well he's fine now! Maybe he twisted his leg or something running up the steps and needed to rest....Last night I sat in his crate with him(Dont laugh. lol) and looked at his toes again. I touched his pad and he snatched his foot back. So maybe his pads were sore and I was making a big deal out of nothing as usal when it comes to him! lol
Back to top Go down
wheezie wayne
Top Pit
Top Pit
wheezie wayne

PostSubject: Re: Limping/Now not limping?   Limping/Now not limping? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2006 2:57 am

that must be one big crate lmao
Back to top Go down
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

PostSubject: Re: Limping/Now not limping?   Limping/Now not limping? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2006 3:10 am

LOL..It is! It's for a dog up to 110lbs or maybe a little bigger. I can go in with him and shut the door! lol Razz
Back to top Go down
wheezie wayne
Top Pit
Top Pit
wheezie wayne

PostSubject: Re: Limping/Now not limping?   Limping/Now not limping? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2006 3:12 am

haha i just had this picture of you cramed in there with him lol, i aint gonna lie though, when i was first trying to crate train rico i got in the crate with him, and lets just say it wasnet for a crate for a 110 lb dog lol
Back to top Go down
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

PostSubject: Re: Limping/Now not limping?   Limping/Now not limping? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2006 3:18 am

LOL...I can't believe I got his crate for $40. Ebay gotta love it! lol. It was brand spankin new. Fold and carry! The only thing is its 57lbs!
Back to top Go down
wheezie wayne
Top Pit
Top Pit
wheezie wayne

PostSubject: Re: Limping/Now not limping?   Limping/Now not limping? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2006 3:22 am

dang thats a heavy, but at that price you cant beat it. when you get legends wp harness you might have to attach it to his crate if you ever have to move it lol
Back to top Go down
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

PostSubject: Re: Limping/Now not limping?   Limping/Now not limping? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2006 3:25 am

LOL. I know but he helps me move it already. I pull it and he pushes it with his nose on the other side! Shocked lol
Back to top Go down
wheezie wayne
Top Pit
Top Pit
wheezie wayne

PostSubject: Re: Limping/Now not limping?   Limping/Now not limping? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2006 3:26 am

lol cool dog, you cant teach that kind of stuff, that 100% personality
Back to top Go down
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

PostSubject: Re: Limping/Now not limping?   Limping/Now not limping? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2006 3:29 am

LOL...I'm working on teaching him to get me something to drink(soda can,etc) from the fridge. He already knows how to open it. I've caught him helping hiself to his treats that were on the bottom shelf! LOL. And he already knows "Carry It". So I just gotta bridge the gap. And I'll be able to sit on my @$$ and have him go get me a cold one! LOL
Back to top Go down
wheezie wayne
Top Pit
Top Pit
wheezie wayne

PostSubject: Re: Limping/Now not limping?   Limping/Now not limping? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2006 3:36 am

lmao thats awsome
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Limping/Now not limping?   Limping/Now not limping? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Limping/Now not limping?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pit Boss :: GENERAL TOPICS :: Pit Tales-
Jump to: