The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dangerous dog treats

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
American

Dangerous dog treats Empty
PostSubject: Dangerous dog treats   Dangerous dog treats Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2006 8:13 am

Just found this out...it was on the news tonight and I missed parts of it and then I typed in cnn and found the artical...heres the link! http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/02/14/dangerous.dogtreat/index.html

The date says Feb 15th..wonder why it was on again tonight? Maybe it was a rerun scratch
Back to top Go down
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2006-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Dangerous dog treats   Dangerous dog treats Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2006 8:26 am

Oh yeah Greenies. They just came out with new ones that arent suppose to break off in big pieces.
Back to top Go down
American

PostSubject: Re: Dangerous dog treats   Dangerous dog treats Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2006 8:27 am

well I think I'll stick to the regular bones, I dont want my babies dyin on me!
Back to top Go down
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

PostSubject: Re: Dangerous dog treats   Dangerous dog treats Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2006 8:49 am

I've given them to Legend and Tasha. They've never had a problem. BUT they also both chew throughly! lol. Gemyni I wouldnt give to unless I'm sitting right next to her watching!
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: Dangerous dog treats   Dangerous dog treats Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2006 7:41 pm

You just have to watch your dog in most cases. Raw hide and such can do the same thing if you are giving them a lot and they aren't fully chewing them up. I have heard of a dog dying from chewing on it's bed time blanket, the cotton backed up in the stomach lining and killed him.
Back to top Go down
American

PostSubject: Re: Dangerous dog treats   Dangerous dog treats Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2006 12:35 am

My cousin has an Irish Setter that was chewing on one of those rope toys and pieces of the rope got stuck in his throat...she had to take him in for surgery to get it removed. I usually give dog treats or I give them pig ears..sometimes I will order filled choo-hooves(trimmed hooves from cattle) from doctors foster and smith.

Remember in chat when I asked a question about my husbands son's dog tigger? Well he had taken him in that night, and the doctor did an ultra sound of his stomach. She found a the top part to a mascara tube in his tummy! So she set him up for surgery that night, he can pick him up today at 4:30 today. Thats what was giving him the runs and makening him not eat for two days....
Back to top Go down
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

PostSubject: Re: Dangerous dog treats   Dangerous dog treats Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2006 1:08 am

Mascara tube? Oh MY! I'm glad they took him in!
Back to top Go down
American

PostSubject: Re: Dangerous dog treats   Dangerous dog treats Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2006 1:16 am

Yeah just the top part of it, like the brush...looks like he swallowed it whole or something!! He started snapping on his girlfriend and made her put all her make up in the cabinet...where is should of been in the first place Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

PostSubject: Re: Dangerous dog treats   Dangerous dog treats Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2006 1:18 am

Yeah I agree or at least up so that the puppy couldnt get to it!
Back to top Go down
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2006-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Dangerous dog treats   Dangerous dog treats Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2006 2:06 am

As for treats, i just give milk bones or dentabones... Or the odd piece of meat...
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: Dangerous dog treats   Dangerous dog treats Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2006 5:17 am

Well actually a few weeks ago Midas swolled my poney tail holder thank goodness he threw it back up but he threw up six or seven times before he did. I'm glad he was able to get it out without surgery, I was thinking he ate a bone without chewing or something had no idea that he had the poney tail holder. Funny thing is I was leaning back in my chair at the desk and pulled it off I couldn't see where it landed and just didn't think more about it until he threw it up and it took me five minutes to realize what it was. You should have saw me trying to figure it out. Nasty geeeww crap all over it, YUCK!! We really do have to be careful with them, they are worse then the kids.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dangerous dog treats   Dangerous dog treats Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dangerous dog treats
Page 1 of 1