The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Intresting Picture????

Go down 
+4
APBT4ME
schismatickennels
Pantera2006
ericschevy
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2006-12-05

Intresting Picture???? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intresting Picture????   Intresting Picture???? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2006 5:44 am

Lets set the sene, If one of those were lost, homeless,on death row or just in desperate need, I just might take them in cause i'm a suker like that. But as far as buyng one from a breeder I would not do. Don't get me wrong I'm sure they aregreat dogs but just not my thing, different strokes for different fokes!! It takes many different characters to make up a world!!
Back to top Go down
http://garage-inc.your-board.com/
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2006-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Intresting Picture????   Intresting Picture???? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2006 2:09 pm

schismatickennels wrote:
anything over 65 lbs is bully? Well that would make zoe a bully then in your opinion right midwest

No. I don't consider her bully.

I guess you all just aren't understanding what I'm talking about, so never mind.
Back to top Go down
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

PostSubject: Re: Intresting Picture????   Intresting Picture???? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2006 5:51 pm

MidwestBully wrote:
schismatickennels wrote:
anything over 65 lbs is bully? Well that would make zoe a bully then in your opinion right midwest

I guess you all just aren't understanding what I'm talking about, so never mind.
Explain your self midwest............
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: Intresting Picture????   Intresting Picture???? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2006 6:44 pm

MidwestBully wrote:
schismatickennels wrote:

I understand what your saying Midwest but honestly Hemi is not an american bully but more a staff as you yourself kind of realize. The only thing that is a bit different on Hemi then a regular staff is how his nose is but other than that he is not a low to the ground dog with a wide chest adn bowed legs. Those dogs also tend to have huge heads measuring 23 plus. Kurupt is not a bully in my eyes but a staff which is nothing but a game pit in show world form. Not sure if yall will understand my definition or agree but that's my take on it.
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: Intresting Picture????   Intresting Picture???? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2006 7:35 pm

This dog is closer to an American bully imo then Hemi is but this is an AKC staff:

Intresting Picture???? - Page 4 ROUNDERSCADILLAC

This is AKC-UKC staff/pit:
Intresting Picture???? - Page 4 CHNevadaLarumsTommygunTucker-1
Another:
Intresting Picture???? - Page 4 AKCch

Now here is a game dog!!
Intresting Picture???? - Page 4 Anothergarnerdog

Another game dog:
Intresting Picture???? - Page 4 Agarnerdog

The defference I see is one is more conditioned and one has a fuller muzzle and less leggy. That's my take on those two styles

This is somewhat of what i consider an American Bully:
Intresting Picture???? - Page 4 Americanbully2

and:
Intresting Picture???? - Page 4 Americanbully
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 799
Registration date : 2006-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Intresting Picture????   Intresting Picture???? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2006 8:06 pm

Christie, I would say you hit it right on the head!
Back to top Go down
http://www.schismatickennels.com
redsky

PostSubject: Re: Intresting Picture????   Intresting Picture???? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2006 8:40 pm

Midwest if you don't mind me asking who is Hemi off of? His parents and grand parents on both sides please. If you prefer you can pm them to me just interested in knowing.
Back to top Go down
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

PostSubject: Re: Intresting Picture????   Intresting Picture???? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2006 9:48 pm

You can take a look at his ped here ..... http://www.freewebs.com/midwestbully/males.htm

Not all Am Bullies are low, wide, and reduculous look'n. If you read the standard, thats not what they are at all. They are more like Hemi, looking more like Staffies. It explains that they are mainly APBT/Staff crosses.

Its hard to explain. You kind of have to take out of you mind that an Am Bully is a short fat and wide dog. That not what the standard discribes. Its just that the people who have these low, wide, rediculous looking "pitbulls" have nothing else to call them but Am Bullies since the Am Bully is suppose to be a bigger form of the APBT. Does that make sence? They have nothing else to call there mixed bred dogs that they wish where APBTs.

Well, I've got to go get to of my wisdom teethe pulled. I'll be back later (half drugged up drunken ) So if I type like a kindergartener ...lol You know why Razz
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: Intresting Picture????   Intresting Picture???? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2006 10:44 pm

I simply explained my view on it. I'm sorry but Hemi is not an American bully unless your saying all staffs or show dogs are. His dad looks nothing like a bully at all:

www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=207603

His mom on the other hand is very much bully and looks just like i posted a bully to be:

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=120374

Last edited by on Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Intresting Picture????   Intresting Picture???? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2006 10:48 pm

blah if your gonna call him an American Bully, then register him that way. That's what I am irratated about, we keep saying over and over he's not an American Bully, and you argue the point, yet, he's registered as a Pit Bull? hmmmmmm odd concept.

Now no offense Midwest, I'm not trying to start any debate war here, but it doesn't make a lick of sense to call a dog an "American Bully" when people that actually breed "Pit Bulls" Say its not a bully at all. LOL But if that's the way you want him classified, by all means, you can have it, I would even put him up on my website as an American Bully, and you might start a new trend for everyone else. cheers
Back to top Go down
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

PostSubject: Re: Intresting Picture????   Intresting Picture???? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2006 11:15 pm

MidwestBully wrote:
You can take a look at his ped here ..... http://www.freewebs.com/midwestbully/males.htm

Not all Am Bullies are low, wide, and reduculous look'n. If you read the standard, thats not what they are at all. They are more like Hemi, looking more like Staffies. It explains that they are mainly APBT/Staff crosses.

Its hard to explain. You kind of have to take out of you mind that an Am Bully is a short fat and wide dog. That not what the standard discribes. Its just that the people who have these low, wide, rediculous looking "pitbulls" have nothing else to call them but Am Bullies since the Am Bully is suppose to be a bigger form of the APBT. Does that make sence? They have nothing else to call there mixed bred dogs that they wish where APBTs.
Well, I've got to go get to of my wisdom teethe pulled. I'll be back later (half drugged up drunken ) So if I type like a kindergartener ...lol You know why Razz

This is my biggest problem wit these dogs and the people that own them, and it's exactly what you said "Its just that the people who have these low, wide, rediculous looking "pitbulls" have nothing else to call them but Am Bullies and worse APBT"
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: Intresting Picture????   Intresting Picture???? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2006 11:27 pm

ericschevy wrote:
MidwestBully wrote:

This is my biggest problem wit these dogs and the people that own them, and it's exactly what you said "Its just that the people who have these low, wide, rediculous looking "pitbulls" have nothing else to call them but Am Bullies and worse APBT"

My problem with it all is if you don't feel the dog is a pit why would you support it being called such on the papers and buy it? Thants like me buying a chi that's papered as a min pin, it makes no sense to support such behavior to me.
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: Intresting Picture????   Intresting Picture???? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2006 11:36 pm

ericschevy wrote:
MidwestBully wrote:

Actually Dave wilson has some of them and is calling them that himself so does that description really fit?
Back to top Go down
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

Number of posts : 971

PostSubject: Re: Intresting Picture????   Intresting Picture???? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2006 12:22 am

schismatickennels wrote:
blah if your gonna call him an American Bully, then register him that way. That's what I am irratated about, we keep saying over and over he's not an American Bully, and you argue the point, yet, he's registered as a Pit Bull? hmmmmmm odd concept.

I think she does have him registered as an American Bully.
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Intresting Picture????   Intresting Picture???? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2006 12:32 am

I just noticed that on her website, but he is also registered UKC/American Pit Bull Terrier, so isn't that considering it both?

I feel like I'm pickin on just her and I'm not, not at all. I just don't see how APBT's and Am.Bully's are the same thing. Exclamation
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: Intresting Picture????   Intresting Picture???? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2006 12:36 am

I can see the mom being an american bully but not the dad but then again the dad seems to have some other issues. I'm not picking on you either midwest but if you look at the dad's pick he has kind of long hair (really notice it on the tail) and the coat looks as if it's been cut. I don't know about you but I would want some proof that the dad is what he is really suppose to be. I'm gonna leave this thread alone at this point cause I feel like i'm getting into your business and possible causing issues so good luck on it all.
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Intresting Picture????   Intresting Picture???? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2006 12:38 am

Yep I'm done, I don't want to make anyone mad period. So the discussion is dropped. Good luck to all. sunny
Back to top Go down
American

PostSubject: Re: Intresting Picture????   Intresting Picture???? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2006 12:41 am

Well you all already know how I feel about dogs that look like the pics above. Those game pits are okay, I like them, BUT give me a pit that looks like that big red nose and we are talkin....just my opion and I never really cared for the negrino(sp) bloodline.

I like game pits, because watching them due their thing is absolutely amazing(agilitly and so on) but then theres just something about a low to the ground dog with a huge head that I love....the power, strength and so on.

Just so I get this right, chopper weighs 70 pounds(finally...lol) is he considered bully?? I myself would consider Hemi parents to be bully, especially the dam(absolutely gorgeous) and so I dont keep rambling on and on, I just wanna say everyones dogs look great Smile
Back to top Go down
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

Number of posts : 971

PostSubject: Re: Intresting Picture????   Intresting Picture???? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2006 12:46 am

schismatickennels wrote:
I just noticed that on her website, but he is also registered UKC/American Pit Bull Terrier, so isn't that considering it both?

I feel like I'm pickin on just her and I'm not, not at all. I just don't see how APBT's and Am.Bully's are the same thing. Exclamation

I think when she bought him he was UKC registered. And then she registered him as an Am Bully. I'm confused though becasue if Hemi's dad is not considered bully but is mom is. Would you register them as an Am Bully like she did or not? lol...I'm confused now guys. I still don't know what to call Legend due to him being over the standard. When someone asks I'll just say he's a dog and I don't know what breed! lol
Back to top Go down
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

PostSubject: Re: Intresting Picture????   Intresting Picture???? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2006 1:11 am

I'm VERRY proud of everyone here, I didn't imagine this post would last this long being kept clean and calm, no fighting, what is this page 8 or something? Good clean discussion is what I like to see!!! Cool
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Intresting Picture????   Intresting Picture???? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2006 1:27 am

lol we are all kewl like dat! hmm Legend isn't bully in my opinion but i guess you really need to look at the parents to determine the lineage? Not sure ..I'm cornfused now. lol
Back to top Go down
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

PostSubject: Re: Intresting Picture????   Intresting Picture???? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2006 2:33 am

Yeah, his primary reg is UKC and then i reg ABKC. My whole purpose for buyin him was for weight pull and such.

I'm have a very open minded and don't mind listening to everyones insight and opinion on things. It doesn't bother me.

No i don't think all Staffs and UKC style APBTs are Am Bullies. Like i said before its hard for me to explain how i see it all. Its obviously confusing everybody Razz
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: Intresting Picture????   Intresting Picture???? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2006 2:43 am

I think it's more so that everyone has already excepted this as this and that as that then comes along this new definition that seems to be between this and that but not clear on exactly what it is. I've read the standard but it honestly doesn't fit what Dave himself is now breeding.
Back to top Go down
Anna @ Nikanas Pits
mature pup
mature pup
Anna @ Nikanas Pits

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2006-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Intresting Picture????   Intresting Picture???? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2006 2:56 am

I totally agree with ericchevy on this one!! If this was post on many of the other boards there would be all kinds of bashing! Glad to see there is none of that here and that everyone can take someone elses opinions in stride.

I think this whole subject is soley based on a person opinions. I do think the registries should come up with a way to distinguish between the different varities of pits. They wouldn't even have to call them different breeds, maybe just different catagories of Pitty's. JMO

Anna
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/nikanas
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Number of posts : 1687

PostSubject: Re: Intresting Picture????   Intresting Picture???? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2006 3:40 am

Ya.... Right on guys!!!
But the way that i see it, I wouldnt buy a dog that looked like that!! No way.... if it looked like Hemi then ya... Hemi looks like he has a Hemi... LMAO.... But everyones dogs on here are great , and i love them all!!! If i had the room, I would steal em all... What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intresting Picture????   Intresting Picture???? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Intresting Picture????
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next