The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier
 
HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share
 

 What do ya think????

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

Number of posts : 748
Age : 40
Localisation : MI.
Registration date : 2006-12-05

What do ya think???? Empty
PostSubject: What do ya think????   What do ya think???? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2006 8:47 am

What do you all think of this hansome little guy???
http://img208.imageshack.us/my.php?image=184smallzo2.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://garage-inc.your-board.com/
wheezie wayne
Top Pit
Top Pit
wheezie wayne

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2006-11-11

What do ya think???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do ya think????   What do ya think???? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2006 8:55 am

i like him
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member


Number of posts : 799
Age : 40
Localisation : Tennessee
Registration date : 2006-11-09

What do ya think???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do ya think????   What do ya think???? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2006 8:59 am

Very handsome bom
Back to top Go down
http://www.schismatickennels.com
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

Number of posts : 748
Age : 40
Localisation : MI.
Registration date : 2006-12-05

What do ya think???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do ya think????   What do ya think???? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2006 9:00 am

I would really like to have one like that, maybe someday...
Back to top Go down
http://garage-inc.your-board.com/
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

Number of posts : 971
Age : 32
Localisation : PA
Registration date : 2006-11-08

What do ya think???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do ya think????   What do ya think???? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2006 9:30 am

Very cute!
Back to top Go down
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

Number of posts : 1025
Age : 39
Localisation : Ohio
Registration date : 2006-11-08

What do ya think???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do ya think????   What do ya think???? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2006 10:31 am

Your boy could very well look like that when he's full grown.

Thats a good look'n dog, and your boy resembles him somewhat.
Back to top Go down
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

Number of posts : 748
Age : 40
Localisation : MI.
Registration date : 2006-12-05

What do ya think???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do ya think????   What do ya think???? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2006 10:41 am

MidwestBully wrote:
Your boy could very well look like that when he's full grown.

Thats a good look'n dog, and your boy resembles him somewhat.
Mine????
Back to top Go down
http://garage-inc.your-board.com/
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

Number of posts : 1025
Age : 39
Localisation : Ohio
Registration date : 2006-11-08

What do ya think???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do ya think????   What do ya think???? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2006 11:09 am

Its hard to tell from pics, but i think so.
Is your boy pretty tall or kinda short?
Back to top Go down
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

Number of posts : 748
Age : 40
Localisation : MI.
Registration date : 2006-12-05

What do ya think???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do ya think????   What do ya think???? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2006 11:50 am

20 inchs at the whithers, funny thing is he's going through some weird growth spurts just like my oldest Zues. Zues looked just like that pic @ about 10 Months, but nothing like it now!!!!What do ya think???? Dogs063ui6.th
Back to top Go down
http://garage-inc.your-board.com/
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

Number of posts : 1025
Age : 39
Localisation : Ohio
Registration date : 2006-11-08

What do ya think???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do ya think????   What do ya think???? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2006 11:55 am

Ooooh! So he's bigger than the one in the pics.

Pups seem to go thru a weird groth spirt, the get real tall and slim and then fil out Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

Number of posts : 748
Age : 40
Localisation : MI.
Registration date : 2006-12-05

What do ya think???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do ya think????   What do ya think???? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2006 12:04 pm

ericschevy wrote:
20 inchs at the whithers, funny thing is he's going through some weird growth spurts just like my oldest Zues. Zues looked just like that pic @ about 10 Months, but nothing like it now!!!!What do ya think???? Dogs063ui6.th
Rocky, the one in question...What do ya think???? Dscf0038pb1
Back to top Go down
http://garage-inc.your-board.com/
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

Number of posts : 1025
Age : 39
Localisation : Ohio
Registration date : 2006-11-08

What do ya think???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do ya think????   What do ya think???? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2006 12:06 pm

He's look'n really good!
Back to top Go down
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

Number of posts : 748
Age : 40
Localisation : MI.
Registration date : 2006-12-05

What do ya think???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do ya think????   What do ya think???? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2006 12:09 pm

Yeah, he's kinda tall, what do ya do!!
Back to top Go down
http://garage-inc.your-board.com/
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

Number of posts : 748
Age : 40
Localisation : MI.
Registration date : 2006-12-05

What do ya think???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do ya think????   What do ya think???? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2006 12:12 pm

We just started a exersise pogram the other day. I have been running them about 3 miles a day...
Back to top Go down
http://garage-inc.your-board.com/
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

Number of posts : 1025
Age : 39
Localisation : Ohio
Registration date : 2006-11-08

What do ya think???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do ya think????   What do ya think???? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2006 12:14 pm

Do you do any spring/flirt pole?

Spring pole is a good way to give them something to do with you having to do anything ...lol
When Hemi' is bugging me to play and I don't feel like it, i put him out on the pole and he goes for ever ...lol
Back to top Go down
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

Number of posts : 748
Age : 40
Localisation : MI.
Registration date : 2006-12-05

What do ya think???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do ya think????   What do ya think???? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2006 12:38 pm

No, I'm not that experienced in that area (yet)
I did tie a tow rope between two trees with a piece with knots hanging from the middle, he will play tug-a-war with it for quite a long time...
Back to top Go down
http://garage-inc.your-board.com/
redsky
Guest



What do ya think???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do ya think????   What do ya think???? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2006 6:55 pm

ericschevy wrote:
No, I'm not that experienced in that area (yet)
I did tie a tow rope between two trees with a piece with knots hanging from the middle, he will play tug-a-war with it for quite a long time...

Eric it took my a ton of dogs and actually showing before i really started being able to tell a nice show quality pup and actually get it right. Nothing is wrong with your boy but what I have found in our breed is all of them have faults if you can't spot the faults or get kennel blind you'll end up with dogs that aren't what you really wanted every time. Rayne I never saw her faults cause I wanted her so !!!!! bad lol and when someone pointed them out I was mad at first then I said well truth hurts and decided to go better, I got triton less faults then rayne but still not what I wanted and looked more bull dog then pit, so I started talking to the folks in my adba club letting them know hey i'm looking for a good conformation bitch if they came across one, low and behold Becky called me says I found your bitch and I ended up with Sierra. She is still not 100% correct and if she were I would have no reason to work (breed) the line. She is tall 20in and needs a lil more bone. Saying all this to say don't discredit your boy. Not sure if your breeding or what but bred to the right bitch he could very well throw what you want. You just have to know his faults and find a bitch that compliments them. Everybody says Omen (stud I used on sierra last time) is thrown together well he complimented what Sierra needed and Kikie looks good to me (she was the best from teh litter). I did end up with some that were tall like sierra (luna in MI) and some that I felt still needed more bone. I feel Kikie can use more bone still, I don't like her lil head lol but that's another reason for me to continue the line. Way I see it I already have a male that compliments Kikie and I got him to do so. Midas is thicker boned, and has a good head piece. Midas still has his faults also even though I didn't want to admit to that either lol. His rear angulation sucks something terrible but Kikie has a dynamite angulation so no worries there (all my girls actually have good rears :-). That's the only major fault midas has so I can be happy with that. He is going through his thin puppy stage and I will be glad when it's over but they all go through it.
Back to top Go down
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

Number of posts : 748
Age : 40
Localisation : MI.
Registration date : 2006-12-05

What do ya think???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do ya think????   What do ya think???? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2006 8:42 pm

Thanks, I would love to breed him, problem is he's a rescue with no papers. I have heard people say over and over again "If you pup has no papers, just neuter and make him a pet" not necessarily mine in particular, just in general. I also hear people say don't breed unless you are going to work them. I however see nothing wrong with breeding him at least once, given the fact I would almost guarantee his litter would not end up in the pound, (that seems to be every-one's concern.) I would keep 1-2 for myself though, and maybe even neuter the rest before they are placed. I know he's a purebred too but I just can't prove it... As far as his height is concerned, the more I read, the more I see, the more I learn every-ones Idea of the standard and conformation differs greatly so as far as his height goes, I'm not that concerned. Not meaning to change the subject, I know this is a red nose but how tall do you think this guy is?[img=https://redcdn.net/ihimizer/img363/6981/forequartersforequ10pk2.th.jpg]
Back to top Go down
http://garage-inc.your-board.com/
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member


Number of posts : 799
Age : 40
Localisation : Tennessee
Registration date : 2006-11-09

What do ya think???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do ya think????   What do ya think???? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2006 8:55 pm

I won't tell you not to, but encourage you not to breed a non-papered dog, that you don't intend on working or showing. There is no purpose and there are plenty of great breeders out there that will indeed place a pup in a pet home if it isn't what they are looking for. The simple fact is, NONE of us can ever guarantee that none of our pups will wind up in the pound. It's something we all take a risk of happening.

I do think you should neuter your dog, and if you want to do something positive rather than breeding, get his CGC training certificate, and do positive things with your dog, like contacting local places that will you also allow you to bring him in and show some training skills and that Pit Bulls aren't HA.

JMO.
Back to top Go down
http://www.schismatickennels.com
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member


Number of posts : 799
Age : 40
Localisation : Tennessee
Registration date : 2006-11-09

What do ya think???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do ya think????   What do ya think???? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2006 8:56 pm

ericschevy wrote:
Not meaning to change the subject, I know this is a red nose but how tall do you think this guy is?[img=https://redcdn.net/ihimizer/img363/6981/forequartersforequ10pk2.th.jpg]

Around 17 inches.
Back to top Go down
http://www.schismatickennels.com
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

Number of posts : 748
Age : 40
Localisation : MI.
Registration date : 2006-12-05

What do ya think???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do ya think????   What do ya think???? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2006 9:04 pm

schismatickennels wrote:
I won't tell you not to, but encourage you not to breed a non-papered dog, that you don't intend on working or showing. There is no purpose and there are plenty of great breeders out there that will indeed place a pup in a pet home if it isn't what they are looking for. The simple fact is, NONE of us can ever guarantee that none of our pups will wind up in the pound. It's something we all take a risk of happening.

I do think you should neuter your dog, and if you want to do something positive rather than breeding, get his CGC training certificate, and do positive things with your dog, like contacting local places that will you also allow you to bring him in and show some training skills and that Pit Bulls aren't HA.

JMO.
I hear ya and totally understand too. Its just a thought though, I probably won't...
Back to top Go down
http://garage-inc.your-board.com/
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

Number of posts : 748
Age : 40
Localisation : MI.
Registration date : 2006-12-05

What do ya think???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do ya think????   What do ya think???? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2006 9:08 pm

ericschevy wrote:
schismatickennels wrote:
I won't tell you not to, but encourage you not to breed a non-papered dog, that you don't intend on working or showing. There is no purpose and there are plenty of great breeders out there that will indeed place a pup in a pet home if it isn't what they are looking for. The simple fact is, NONE of us can ever guarantee that none of our pups will wind up in the pound. It's something we all take a risk of happening.

I do think you should neuter your dog, and if you want to do something positive rather than breeding, get his CGC training certificate, and do positive things with your dog, like contacting local places that will you also allow you to bring him in and show some training skills and that Pit Bulls aren't HA.

JMO.
I hear ya and totally understand too. Its just a thought though, I probably won't...
I just want another Rocky when he's gone... Sad
Back to top Go down
http://garage-inc.your-board.com/
redsky
Guest



What do ya think???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do ya think????   What do ya think???? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2006 9:30 pm

ericschevy wrote:
Thanks, I would love to breed him, problem is he's a rescue with no papers. I have heard people say over and over again "If you pup has no papers, just neuter and make him a pet" not necessarily mine in particular, just in general. I also hear people say don't breed unless you are going to work them. I however see nothing wrong with breeding him at least once, given the fact I would almost guarantee his litter would not end up in the pound, (that seems to be every-one's concern.) I would keep 1-2 for myself though, and maybe even neuter the rest before they are placed. I know he's a purebred too but I just can't prove it... As far as his height is concerned, the more I read, the more I see, the more I learn every-ones Idea of the standard and conformation differs greatly so as far as his height goes, I'm not that concerned. Not meaning to change the subject, I know this is a red nose but how tall do you think this guy is?
[img=https://redcdn.net/ihimizer/img363/6981/forequartersforequ10pk2.th.jpg]

If he is a rescue with no papers you should NOT breed him. Of course like chelle I can't tell you what to do but you have no history on that dog so why unknowingly put something out there and have no clue what is to come of it. The pups could carry all kind of genetic disesases. If you want a good pup there are plenty of breeders out there willing to work with you on one. What are you looking for in a pup Eric?
Back to top Go down
redsky
Guest



What do ya think???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do ya think????   What do ya think???? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2006 9:31 pm

He looks about a bit less then panache and kurupt so i'm gonna go 17-18 inches.
Back to top Go down
redsky
Guest



What do ya think???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do ya think????   What do ya think???? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2006 9:33 pm

schismatickennels wrote:
I won't tell you not to, but encourage you not to breed a non-papered dog, that you don't intend on working or showing. There is no purpose and there are plenty of great breeders out there that will indeed place a pup in a pet home if it isn't what they are looking for. The simple fact is, NONE of us can ever guarantee that none of our pups will wind up in the pound. It's something we all take a risk of happening.

I do think you should neuter your dog, and if you want to do something positive rather than breeding, get his CGC training certificate, and do positive things with your dog, like contacting local places that will you also allow you to bring him in and show some training skills and that Pit Bulls aren't HA.

JMO.

VERY WELL SAID MICHELLE AND I AGREE 100%.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




What do ya think???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do ya think????   What do ya think???? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
What do ya think????
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pit Boss :: GENERAL TOPICS :: Pit Tales-
Jump to: