The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Proud of Myself

Go down 
+3
Oldfort
LegendsMami
APBT4ME
7 posters
AuthorMessage
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2006-11-08

Proud of Myself Empty
PostSubject: Proud of Myself   Proud of Myself Icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2006 9:09 am

Man, I had the most tempting offer about an hor ago (7:30pm).

I had Hemi with me at Petsmart and as i was leaving and getting into my truck, a guy was kinda jogging toward me sayin "hey". Not knowing what to expect I put my hand on the end of my Louisville Slugger ...lol

He started asking me question about Hemi. So i eased off my 'get'em boy stick'.
He complimented him in aw for about 10 min. I told him has he was doing weight pull and the new kennel I'm starting and he was soooo excited. He then started talking about his female that was also UKC/ABKC registered. He said she would be going into heat sometime in mid Jan and was looking for a stud.
Here is the catcher .... he offered me $800 for stud fee or two pups!!! affraid
HE showed me pic of her and she's a very good looking dog. Very well conditioned and very healthy looking..... but i told him no No He tried to get me to change my mind, but I didn't. i told him I will be a working dog kennel and any dogs I have or breed will be of working status.
I know I disappointed him, but I would have been going against my ethic and promise that i have made to better my program, by breeding two unproven dogs. Plus Hemi is only 13 months old.
On top of it all, i think the guy just wanted to make money off of the pups. Mad

I'm very proud of myself. I know now that I will be a very strong willed and responsible person with my kennel and not breeding to the first person who puts money in my face cheers

I'm just happy with me and thought i'd share afro
Back to top Go down
American

Proud of Myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proud of Myself   Proud of Myself Icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2006 9:14 am

cheers GOOD JOB MIDWEST!!! I would of had to say NO as well...you done the right thing!
Back to top Go down
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

Number of posts : 971

Proud of Myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proud of Myself   Proud of Myself Icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2006 9:14 am

I'm so proud of you!!!!!! Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
Oldfort
Admin
Oldfort

Number of posts : 688

Proud of Myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proud of Myself   Proud of Myself Icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2006 9:18 am

IM glad to hear that. I know my pups will be in good hands with you!!!
Back to top Go down
https://thepitboss.editboard.com
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2006-12-05

Proud of Myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proud of Myself   Proud of Myself Icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2006 9:18 am

Thumbs up Cool
Back to top Go down
http://garage-inc.your-board.com/
wheezie wayne
Top Pit
Top Pit
wheezie wayne

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2006-11-11

Proud of Myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proud of Myself   Proud of Myself Icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2006 11:21 am

way to go
Back to top Go down
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2006-11-09

Proud of Myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proud of Myself   Proud of Myself Icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2006 11:51 am

Right on.. Very Happy But maybe not.... I know that you shouldnt go out a breed your dog all over the place with any female.... But maybe the guy REALLY liked Hems look, and just wanted to pass it on?? Maybe he has had her all tested and stuff... I dont know.... Good choice tho....
I have a ton of people ask to breed Harley, And i would just say " Just cuz he has his nuts, It dont mean that im breeding him" Well, now he dont, so i dont get asked!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
redsky

Proud of Myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proud of Myself   Proud of Myself Icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2006 6:39 pm

Did you look at her ped? Did he say he wasn't planning to work or show her? If that's the case you did the right thing no ifs ands or buts about it! There are enough people out there just breeding to breed and enough dogs in the pound but we can all get hit with that one. I try to be very responsible on every breeding I do and even the pups I sell. My pups are not allowed to be registered anything but UKC and ADBA (AKC doesn't allow in dogs that are not already in the data base) and that's to hold true to better the lines! Now I will allow someone to register a dog aadr or nkc for show purposes but any dog they are bred to must be registered UKC or dual with ADBA as I expect them to continue to better the line! In the beginning I said any dog bred to must have as good as a ped as the dog from my kennel but then I thought about that and there are alot of people just starting out (I have just started showing this year myself) and the peds of the dogs won't be all that great if they are just getting out into the rings or pulling etc. So I then decided long as it's a good structured working dog it will be allowed. You do have to be very ethical in all your decisions if you expect to last and make it places or at least that's how i feel about it. Yep Midwest I would feel good putting a pup in your home to ;-).

Hey can I be nosy? Are you gonna go game and bully when you start getting things going? Nothing wrong with that to me at all!!! So dont' think I'm trying to be funny. I plan myself to have game lines in my show lines and I don't care who likes it and doesn't. I'm doing this to keep the drive in my dogs so that I can produce a super dog. Plus a pit aint a pit with no drive!! I can't wait to see what Andy's breeding throws cause I may have to snatch one of those pups (if I don't miss out). If Rebel was already proven to throw this or that then I would have sent a deposit in quicker then anybody Wink , not doubting your boy Andy but I don't do deposits unless I already have an idea of what's to come.

Hey Andy speaking of which do you think you'll repeat that breeding if it turns out dynamite? Just in case I do miss lol. I'm sure your picks are gonna go like hot cakes the boy is nice and so is the female plus the ped is another added plus!
Back to top Go down
Mikado&Chalice
Top Pit
Top Pit
Mikado&Chalice

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2006-11-30

Proud of Myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proud of Myself   Proud of Myself Icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2006 9:13 pm

cheers I'm proud of you too!!! It takes alot of will power to do the right thing especially when some one is offering you something you are in need of. And I think all of on this board could use the $$$$. Congrats you done did good.
Back to top Go down
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

Number of posts : 1025

Proud of Myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proud of Myself   Proud of Myself Icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2006 11:15 pm

redsky wrote:
Hey can I be nosy? Are you gonna go game and bully when you start getting things going? Nothing wrong with that to me at all!!! So dont' think I'm trying to be funny. I plan myself to have game lines in my show lines and I don't care who likes it and doesn't. I'm doing this to keep the drive in my dogs so that I can produce a super dog. Plus a pit aint a pit with no drive!! I can't wait to see what Andy's breeding throws cause I may have to snatch one of those pups (if I don't miss out). If Rebel was already proven to throw this or that then I would have sent a deposit in quicker then anybody Wink , not doubting your boy Andy but I don't do deposits unless I already have an idea of what's to come.

Hey Andy speaking of which do you think you'll repeat that breeding if it turns out dynamite? Just in case I do miss lol. I'm sure your picks are gonna go like hot cakes the boy is nice and so is the female plus the ped is another added plus!

...lol Your not being nosey Razz
With the kennel I'm starting I will probably have more 'game lines' than anything seeing as there aren't very many high driven bullies. I've seen a few but not many.
Its mostly goona be about working ability and conformation (and tepm of course) but i think its really important to preserve this as this.
I'd like to keep my yard between 50-75 lbs at chain weight. Conditioned weights will be lower.
Super dogs are exactly what i want Wink and thats what are APBT should be cheers I'll start another thread on my kennel idea.

When i was talking to him about how Hemi was doing weight pull he asked me what it was Suspect That thru up a red flag. scratch He won't be working these pups....lol

Oh.. btw... If your gonna snatch up one of Andy's pups you better do it soon .....lol
He's keeping two and I've got 2nd pick female.
Those pups are gonna go like hotcakes Razz

Thanks for all the comments everybody. As i was driving home I smiled the whole way!
Back to top Go down
redsky

Proud of Myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proud of Myself   Proud of Myself Icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2006 11:59 pm

MidwestBully wrote:
redsky wrote:

...lol Your not being nosey Razz
With the kennel I'm starting I will probably have more 'game lines' than anything seeing as there aren't very many high driven bullies. I've seen a few but not many.
Its mostly goona be about working ability and conformation (and tepm of course) but i think its really important to preserve this as this.
I'd like to keep my yard between 50-75 lbs at chain weight. Conditioned weights will be lower.
Super dogs are exactly what i want Wink and thats what are APBT should be cheers I'll start another thread on my kennel idea.

When i was talking to him about how Hemi was doing weight pull he asked me what it was Suspect That thru up a red flag. scratch He won't be working these pups....lol

Oh.. btw... If your gonna snatch up one of Andy's pups you better do it soon .....lol
He's keeping two and I've got 2nd pick female.
Those pups are gonna go like hotcakes Razz

Thanks for all the comments everybody. As i was driving home I smiled the whole way!

I know they are gonna go fast but I just can't do a deposit on an unproven litter. I don't even really take deposits on two unproven dogs because anything can happen on that first litter. I know they are gonna be the bomb but i may have to wait on a repeat or another breeding with rebel. I'm not really ready to add right now anyways cause I plan to keep a pup back off my own litter in 07.
Back to top Go down
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2006-11-09

Proud of Myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proud of Myself   Proud of Myself Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2006 1:16 am

^^^^^ Very true...... I seen good things happen, But then BAD things.... But for OFK, I hope nothing but good!!! Hes my buddy.... lmao cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Proud of Myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proud of Myself   Proud of Myself Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Proud of Myself
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pit Boss :: GENERAL TOPICS :: The Lounge-
Jump to: