The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

So... to cut a long story short!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Xelleron
Top Pit
Top Pit
Xelleron

Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2006-12-22

So... to cut a long story short! Empty
PostSubject: So... to cut a long story short!   So... to cut a long story short! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2006 6:53 am

For those of you who don't know, Brittle is pregnant. I got blasted about this because of what happened. I went to work and came back to find out my mom bread my girl to a friend's pit. Yeah, it's pretty bad. No papers on the both of them or anything... It's kinda gotten me into trouble with about 200 people or more on other forums calling me BYB'er and that I should spay/abort (which I am not really for).

So, Brittle has some sort of pit puppies in her. Please don't hate me because of this. LegendsMami said you guys were really nice and understanding, even though ya'll have your opinions and stuff.
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 799
Registration date : 2006-11-09

PostSubject: Re: So... to cut a long story short!   So... to cut a long story short! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2006 6:57 am

Nope the only thing I can recommend is that whatever method you use to find the pups home, you put a spay and nueter contract on the puppies. I would also consider doing this myself with an unregistered litter. things happen, its not you that is the "one" that did it, and hey we all started somewhere, I started out with all unregistered and Ckc registered pitties. I don't suggest breeding her again, I would suggest spaying her when she has the pups though.

To me if you aren't breeding for some sort of purpose there's just no sense in breeding. This breed is way overpopulated, and people can find cute puppies anywhere. Just don't continue to contribute. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.schismatickennels.com
Xelleron
Top Pit
Top Pit
Xelleron

PostSubject: Re: So... to cut a long story short!   So... to cut a long story short! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2006 7:01 am

schismatickennels wrote:
Nope the only thing I can recommend is that whatever method you use to find the pups home, you put a spay and nueter contract on the puppies. I would also consider doing this myself with an unregistered litter. things happen, its not you that is the "one" that did it, and hey we all started somewhere, I started out with all unregistered and Ckc registered pitties. I don't suggest breeding her again, I would suggest spaying her when she has the pups though.

To me if you aren't breeding for some sort of purpose there's just no sense in breeding. This breed is way overpopulated, and people can find cute puppies anywhere. Just don't continue to contribute. Wink

Definately. I've already made a contract out saying that they WILL be spayed/nutered, and that they will not be used for fighting and so on. My mom and I are working full time on this contract to make sure there are NO loop holes.

My uncle who used to own a pitbull/dalmation mix wants one of the puppies, so I know one is going to a good home.

And don't worry about me breeding her again, after she drops the litter she's getting spayed as soon as her puppies are weened.
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 799

PostSubject: Re: So... to cut a long story short!   So... to cut a long story short! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2006 7:05 am

Sounds like you are doing the right thing to me, and I see no problem, like I said, things happen to all of us. Sometimes we can't prevent them, and we have to learn from the things that are done. Good luck, I'm lookin forward to pics of the pups. Where are you located?
Back to top Go down
http://www.schismatickennels.com
Xelleron
Top Pit
Top Pit
Xelleron

PostSubject: Re: So... to cut a long story short!   So... to cut a long story short! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2006 7:07 am

schismatickennels wrote:
Sounds like you are doing the right thing to me, and I see no problem, like I said, things happen to all of us. Sometimes we can't prevent them, and we have to learn from the things that are done. Good luck, I'm lookin forward to pics of the pups. Where are you located?

I'm located on earth!

Sorry, I've had a REALLY long day and I'm going crazy.

I'm located near Tallahassee Florida.
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: So... to cut a long story short!   So... to cut a long story short! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2006 7:26 am

You got such a negative response cause for one FL, PA, NC are all major byb areas lol. Accidents do happen even as a breeder I have had accidental breedings and I don't knock no one for it. Sh** happens you make the best of it and learn along the way. You better believe there aren't many that haven't had accidents of some sort they just don't tell anybody! Or maybe even abort but I'm not the one to abort a females litter that i plan to breed in the future because for one the vet does not gurantee that after that shot the female can have another litter!! Now for an unregistered accident I may have gotten that canine drop shot but I'm not in your shoes so can't say that for sure. Best of luck with the situation!
Back to top Go down
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Number of posts : 1687

PostSubject: Re: So... to cut a long story short!   So... to cut a long story short! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2006 12:16 pm

You know what a great idea.... Get the pups checked after birth, like shots and so on, Then sell them, And give half the money to a shelter or something like that...
And dont worry, i wouldnt hate you for that, it happened to me when i was prego... I just had alittle help in the situation... I didnt believe in the spay/abort eaither and was mad that someone suggested that... After the pups were born, Sure, just no to abort... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So... to cut a long story short!   So... to cut a long story short! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So... to cut a long story short!
Page 1 of 1