The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Welping supplies/box

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Xelleron
Top Pit
Top Pit
Xelleron

Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2006-12-22

Welping supplies/box Empty
PostSubject: Welping supplies/box   Welping supplies/box Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2006 7:04 am

What should I get for welping supplies? I know SOME stuff, but I just want to make sure that I have all that I need.

And does anyone have a plan or a sketch on how to make a welping box?
Back to top Go down
Anna @ Nikanas Pits
mature pup
mature pup
Anna @ Nikanas Pits

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2006-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Welping supplies/box   Welping supplies/box Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2006 7:15 am

We just bulit a 4 ft by 3 ft box 2 ft high. Put a bottom in and lined that and the sides with plastic. (then covered with blankets of course) We also put a small door on one side so Mama dog could easily get in and out. Then when the pups got big enough and Mama felt better we shut the door and locked it, to help keep the little guys in. The box was bigger than Mama and babies needed, but comfort is key for us.

I tried to find a pic, but all I have is close ups, so you can't really see the box itself. With a little adjustment, the box is now home to Guido, our chameleon! Very Happy

Anna
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/nikanas
Xelleron
Top Pit
Top Pit
Xelleron

PostSubject: Re: Welping supplies/box   Welping supplies/box Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2006 7:21 am

Anna @ Nikanas Pits wrote:
We just bulit a 4 ft by 3 ft box 2 ft high. Put a bottom in and lined that and the sides with plastic. (then covered with blankets of course) We also put a small door on one side so Mama dog could easily get in and out. Then when the pups got big enough and Mama felt better we shut the door and locked it, to help keep the little guys in. The box was bigger than Mama and babies needed, but comfort is key for us.

I tried to find a pic, but all I have is close ups, so you can't really see the box itself. With a little adjustment, the box is now home to Guido, our chameleon! Very Happy

Anna

Wow! That easy eh? Lol. I bet my boyfriend and I could make that in my grandpa's shed in 2 hours! Thanks for the tip!
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: Welping supplies/box   Welping supplies/box Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2006 7:30 am

You dont' wanna see my supply list lol!
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: Welping supplies/box   Welping supplies/box Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2006 7:51 am

Here is my whelping supply list and that's not even everything i have but that's the basic stuff you wanna have on hand!

Welping supplies/box Whelpingsupplylist
Back to top Go down
Xelleron
Top Pit
Top Pit
Xelleron

PostSubject: Re: Welping supplies/box   Welping supplies/box Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2006 9:04 am

redsky wrote:
Here is my whelping supply list and that's not even everything i have but that's the basic stuff you wanna have on hand!

Welping supplies/box Whelpingsupplylist

Wow! Thanks for the list!... Question though, what are half of those things in the medical check list for?
Back to top Go down
Oldfort
Admin
Oldfort

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2006-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Welping supplies/box   Welping supplies/box Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2006 1:08 pm

Another cheap but effective method is the basic cheap walmart plastic kidde pool. Line it with blankets and your set. Of course you need it to be in a kennel of some sort to contain the pups once they get mobile but it works well and is easy to clean. Did I also mention cheap. If you can afford to build you a box do so but if not the other works
Back to top Go down
https://thepitboss.editboard.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welping supplies/box   Welping supplies/box Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welping supplies/box
Page 1 of 1