The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Remote Collars on APBTs

Go down 
+2
ericschevy
LegendsMami
6 posters
AuthorMessage
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2006-11-08

Remote Collars on APBTs Empty
PostSubject: Remote Collars on APBTs   Remote Collars on APBTs Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2007 4:13 am

How do you all feel all on e-collars on APBTs? Good? Bad? Why/Why not?

IMO-I have no problem with them. As long as they are used CORRECTLY. I used one that vibrates on Legend to get his attention. Of course I no longer need it and only used it for about 3 weeks off and on when he was going through his "teenage I'm going to test you days". I only used it for commands he KNEW not for things he didnt know. For example I say Legend come. And he looks around or decides he thinks its more fun to go sniff a bush or something then to come to me like I said. Once he does what I tell him. I make a huge deal out of it like its the best thing ever! 99.9% of the time Legend is attached to my hip! lol
Back to top Go down
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2006-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Remote Collars on APBTs   Remote Collars on APBTs Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2007 4:22 am

I like them, the only problem I have is that people think that it is something that they wear for the rest of their life and they continue to get poked from them, I tell them that Zues only needed his for about a year and no longer needs it. I still use it on Rocky, to early to tell for how much longer though....
Back to top Go down
http://garage-inc.your-board.com/
redsky

PostSubject: Re: Remote Collars on APBTs   Remote Collars on APBTs Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2007 4:26 am

LegendsMami wrote:
How do you all feel all on e-collars on APBTs? Good? Bad? Why/Why not?

IMO-I have no problem with them. As long as they are used CORRECTLY. I used one that vibrates on Legend to get his attention. Of course I no longer need it and only used it for about 3 weeks off and on when he was going through his "teenage I'm going to test you days". I only used it for commands he KNEW not for things he didnt know. For example I say Legend come. And he looks around or decides he thinks its more fun to go sniff a bush or something then to come to me like I said. Once he does what I tell him. I make a huge deal out of it like its the best thing ever! 99.9% of the time Legend is attached to my hip! lol

It's a training tool as with other things and whatever works is good to me. I've not had to use them but if i had one i just couldn't break then like i said what ever works.
Back to top Go down
Oldfort
Admin
Oldfort

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Remote Collars on APBTs   Remote Collars on APBTs Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2007 5:15 am

I have some good shock collars that I use sometimes. I can turn them lose and it will bring them back up to a mile.
Back to top Go down
https://thepitboss.editboard.com
wheezie wayne
Top Pit
Top Pit
wheezie wayne

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2006-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Remote Collars on APBTs   Remote Collars on APBTs Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2007 6:22 am

where i take rico for traiing we use E collars. its been really good for us
Back to top Go down
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

Number of posts : 1025

PostSubject: Re: Remote Collars on APBTs   Remote Collars on APBTs Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2007 6:33 am

I trained Hemi with one, only besause nothing else worked.
Back to top Go down
wheezie wayne
Top Pit
Top Pit
wheezie wayne

PostSubject: Re: Remote Collars on APBTs   Remote Collars on APBTs Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2007 8:08 am

the way we do everything is rythmatically. every thing is in 3's. like come come come each come you click. the only thing i dont like about the collar was it was $200
Back to top Go down
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

PostSubject: Re: Remote Collars on APBTs   Remote Collars on APBTs Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2007 8:10 am

There are some for $120. I'll find the link. Thats how much i paid.
Back to top Go down
wheezie wayne
Top Pit
Top Pit
wheezie wayne

PostSubject: Re: Remote Collars on APBTs   Remote Collars on APBTs Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2007 8:52 am

i got mine from my trainer. is your made by dogtra?
Back to top Go down
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

PostSubject: Re: Remote Collars on APBTs   Remote Collars on APBTs Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2007 9:11 am

Its made by "Guardian"
Back to top Go down
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

PostSubject: Re: Remote Collars on APBTs   Remote Collars on APBTs Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2007 11:08 am

Mine is guardian also, I forgot to mention above that mine is the perimeter underground fence and has no remote, that is to say that it is self contained. My dad does not like me using it, I have to hear about it every time he visits...... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Oldfort
Admin
Oldfort

PostSubject: Re: Remote Collars on APBTs   Remote Collars on APBTs Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2007 12:43 pm

mine was over $300 but it is one remote with 5 settings and two collars that can be used at the same time on different dogs.
Back to top Go down
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

PostSubject: Re: Remote Collars on APBTs   Remote Collars on APBTs Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2007 12:51 pm

Oldfort wrote:
mine was over $300 but it is one remote with 5 settings and two collars that can be used at the same time on different dogs.

I think I know which one you have, I was looking at one at tractor supply Co.
Back to top Go down
Oldfort
Admin
Oldfort

PostSubject: Re: Remote Collars on APBTs   Remote Collars on APBTs Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2007 9:04 pm

I got mine from TRITRONICS out of a sporting dog book or cabelas. Something like that.
Back to top Go down
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2006-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Remote Collars on APBTs   Remote Collars on APBTs Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2007 9:13 am

What is a E collar??? Is it like a shock collar???
Back to top Go down
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

PostSubject: Re: Remote Collars on APBTs   Remote Collars on APBTs Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2007 9:26 am

Pantera2006 wrote:
What is a E collar??? Is it like a shock collar???
Yeah, I think so...
Back to top Go down
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2006-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Remote Collars on APBTs   Remote Collars on APBTs Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2007 9:52 am

Oh ok..... cat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Remote Collars on APBTs   Remote Collars on APBTs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Remote Collars on APBTs
Page 1 of 1