The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tattooing or Microchip

Go down 
+3
wheezie wayne
APBT4ME
schismatickennels
7 posters
AuthorMessage
American

Tattooing or Microchip Empty
PostSubject: Tattooing or Microchip   Tattooing or Microchip Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2007 10:36 pm

I was just curious as to what every ones opion was on tattooing or microchiping your dogs. I'm going to have to go with microchipping. The reason why is because of friend of mine has a registered dog, not an APBT but a boxer and she had tattooed the inside of its ear and it become very infected. Microchipping goes right under the skin on the back of the neck and it also seems a little less painful for the animal.
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 799
Registration date : 2006-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Tattooing or Microchip   Tattooing or Microchip Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2007 10:44 pm

I'm a big fan of microchipping.
Back to top Go down
http://www.schismatickennels.com
American

PostSubject: Re: Tattooing or Microchip   Tattooing or Microchip Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2007 11:06 pm

Yup same here....Smile
Back to top Go down
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2006-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Tattooing or Microchip   Tattooing or Microchip Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2007 11:27 pm

Hemi his tattoo'd and microchiped.
Back to top Go down
wheezie wayne
Top Pit
Top Pit
wheezie wayne

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2006-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Tattooing or Microchip   Tattooing or Microchip Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2007 11:46 pm

whats tattooed?
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: Tattooing or Microchip   Tattooing or Microchip Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2007 1:51 am

wheezie wayne wrote:
whats tattooed?

tat for dogs is much like microchipping. The breeder is given their own code and each of their dogs carry it. It's just a means of identification just like microchipping. I went with chipping because it can be nationwide registered and it is simple to do. I microchip all mine myself! You should have some sort of identification for all your dogs so if one becomes lost or stolen it can be identified! I also own a scanner. BTW I use avid.
Back to top Go down
wheezie wayne
Top Pit
Top Pit
wheezie wayne

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2006-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Tattooing or Microchip   Tattooing or Microchip Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2007 1:59 am

thanks for the awsner
Back to top Go down
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

Number of posts : 971

PostSubject: Re: Tattooing or Microchip   Tattooing or Microchip Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2007 4:05 am

I like microchipping better. Legend will be microchipped on his next vet appointment. (I know how to do it but terrified of doing my own dog, just like his vaccinations-except rabies of course, I wouldnt do it either. Too scared I'm going to hurt him.)
Back to top Go down
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2006-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Tattooing or Microchip   Tattooing or Microchip Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2007 4:10 am

Well, I am a technology freak so I think I'm going to go with microchips....
Back to top Go down
http://garage-inc.your-board.com/
American

PostSubject: Re: Tattooing or Microchip   Tattooing or Microchip Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2007 6:16 am

I also use Avid, have my own scanner as well. Kiomi, once you get the hang of giving dogs their shots(minus the rabies) it really isnt that bad. It may look painful to you, but really doesnt bother them as much as you would think. I give all my dogs shots to them, order them from Doctor Fosters and smith except for the Rabies shot which they all go to the vet for that. I really only give Distemper and parvo shots the rest my vet does.
Back to top Go down
Anna @ Nikanas Pits
mature pup
mature pup
Anna @ Nikanas Pits

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2006-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Tattooing or Microchip   Tattooing or Microchip Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2007 6:28 am

Well my little girl, Mya, is the first dog we've had chipped (THANK YOU again Christie) She was an investment and now very well loved. I want to protect her anyway I can. I think from now on we will microchip all of our future dogs. It's comforting to know that if she is ever lost or stolen, we have a better chance (with her chipped)on getting her back!

I don;t know about the tatooing, seems more painful to me! But it serves the same purpose. In the furture I would like to get the stuff to do it myself (well make the hubby do it anyways LOL) so all of our future produced pups can be chipped. Just seems like a smart and responsible thing to do.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/nikanas
American

PostSubject: Re: Tattooing or Microchip   Tattooing or Microchip Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2007 6:35 am

It is a very responsible thing to do anna, I agree! I dont care what type of dog it is, it should be microchipped or tattoo which ever is prefered. I also believe cats should be as well, should have some type of identification besides a tag, Because tags can come off.
Back to top Go down
Anna @ Nikanas Pits
mature pup
mature pup
Anna @ Nikanas Pits

PostSubject: Re: Tattooing or Microchip   Tattooing or Microchip Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2007 6:43 am

I agree, Not to mention that if stolen a tag can easily be thrown away and forgotten!!
Back to top Go down
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

PostSubject: Re: Tattooing or Microchip   Tattooing or Microchip Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2007 7:23 am

AmericanPitbull wrote:
Kiomi, once you get the hang of giving dogs their shots(minus the rabies) it really isnt that bad. It may look painful to you, but really doesnt bother them as much as you would think.

I've done it on other dogs. But not my own! lol
Back to top Go down
American

PostSubject: Re: Tattooing or Microchip   Tattooing or Microchip Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2007 7:36 am

oh sorry Kiomi, I must of read that wrong! It scared the heck outta me at first..lol I was readin how to do it but then when I started to do it I stopped...finally I said heck with it, its gotta be done!
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: Tattooing or Microchip   Tattooing or Microchip Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2007 8:00 am

Anna @ Nikanas Pits wrote:
Well my little girl, Mya, is the first dog we've had chipped (THANK YOU again Christie) She was an investment and now very well loved. I want to protect her anyway I can. I think from now on we will microchip all of our future dogs. It's comforting to know that if she is ever lost or stolen, we have a better chance (with her chipped)on getting her back!

I don;t know about the tatooing, seems more painful to me! But it serves the same purpose. In the furture I would like to get the stuff to do it myself (well make the hubby do it anyways LOL) so all of our future produced pups can be chipped. Just seems like a smart and responsible thing to do.

Your welcome Anna Laughing I chip them all to ensure that they are safe and returned home where they belong. It is well worth it to chip or tat them! I tried to talk a cousin in law into doing it well she never got around to it and her male was taken, she found him but because she couldn't identify properly she still couldn't get him back!! See if it were me I'd have been locked up cause i know my dog and I don't care what i'm taking my dog back! She still hasn't chipped her girl so i guess it really wasn't that important to her.
Back to top Go down
Anna @ Nikanas Pits
mature pup
mature pup
Anna @ Nikanas Pits

PostSubject: Re: Tattooing or Microchip   Tattooing or Microchip Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2007 8:01 am

!!!!!, you'd think she woulda learned.
Back to top Go down
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

PostSubject: Re: Tattooing or Microchip   Tattooing or Microchip Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2007 8:01 am

AmericanPitbull wrote:
oh sorry Kiomi, I must of read that wrong! It scared the heck outta me at first..lol I was readin how to do it but then when I started to do it I stopped...finally I said heck with it, its gotta be done!

LOL. It freaks me out 2 do it on my own dogs.I have no problem sticking dogs I cant stand w/ a needle(I work in the vet's office) Twisted Evil. I'll do it on my own dogs....in the future...maybe. lol
Back to top Go down
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2006-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Tattooing or Microchip   Tattooing or Microchip Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2007 9:11 am

Yep, i like both methods............. Im getting har done.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tattooing or Microchip   Tattooing or Microchip Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tattooing or Microchip
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pit Boss :: GENERAL TOPICS :: Pit Tales-
Jump to: