The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier
 
HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share
 

 BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Xelleron
Top Pit
Top Pit
Xelleron

Number of posts : 527
Age : 31
Localisation : Say whaa?
Registration date : 2006-12-22

BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!!   BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2007 1:13 am

that's what I thought! I'll have to go count again. My neighbour counted and she said 7 boys and 3 girls. affraid
Back to top Go down
trejos kennels
Top Pit
Top Pit
trejos kennels

Number of posts : 650
Age : 37
Localisation : Virgnia
Registration date : 2006-11-17

BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: wow   BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2007 1:14 am

wow ..alot of little boys!!!
Back to top Go down
http://trejoskennels.bravehost.com
Xelleron
Top Pit
Top Pit
Xelleron

Number of posts : 527
Age : 31
Localisation : Say whaa?
Registration date : 2006-12-22

BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!!   BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2007 1:15 am

yeah I know! I couldn't believe it! I was hoping for half and half lol! But I'm happy with them being alive!
Back to top Go down
trejos kennels
Top Pit
Top Pit
trejos kennels

Number of posts : 650
Age : 37
Localisation : Virgnia
Registration date : 2006-11-17

BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: yep   BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2007 1:18 am

just make sure to keep them warm, (really important right now) if they get oo cold, they cant digest thier food, and the mother will also actualy push them away if they feel cold...They cant regualte thier body temperature when they are that little cold or warm,,, its easy for them to freeze to death and also to overheat themselves, they need to be at about a temp level of 75-80 degrees for the first 2 weeks at least...
Back to top Go down
http://trejoskennels.bravehost.com
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Number of posts : 1687
Age : 38
Localisation : Oshawa Ontario
Registration date : 2006-11-09

BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!!   BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2007 1:19 am

My female had 10 her second litter and there was 8 M to 2 F.... Every one wanted the females.....
Heres a better pic of mom and babies....
BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 2 PITTYPUPPIES
BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 2 PITTYMOMMYANDPUPS
I hope you like, the ones ^^^ here, are from the first litter... Sorry the last pic is rom the 2nd..... Mom kept bringing that bone in he cage...


Last edited by on Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Number of posts : 1687
Age : 38
Localisation : Oshawa Ontario
Registration date : 2006-11-09

BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!!   BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2007 1:21 am

trejos kennels wrote:
just make sure to keep them warm, (really important right now) if they get oo cold, they cant digest thier food, and the mother will also actualy push them away if they feel cold...They cant regualte thier body temperature when they are that little cold or warm,,, its easy for them to freeze to death and also to overheat themselves, they need to be at about a temp level of 75-80 degrees for the first 2 weeks at least...
Do you think that a heate in the room, or near the pups on low would be a good thing???
Back to top Go down
Xelleron
Top Pit
Top Pit
Xelleron

Number of posts : 527
Age : 31
Localisation : Say whaa?
Registration date : 2006-12-22

BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!!   BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2007 1:25 am

I think we have a heating pad some where or a heating lamp of some sort.

Brittle is growling at the puppies, is that normal?
Back to top Go down
trejos kennels
Top Pit
Top Pit
trejos kennels

Number of posts : 650
Age : 37
Localisation : Virgnia
Registration date : 2006-11-17

BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: no   BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2007 1:34 am

No her growling at the puppies is NOT a good thing... But sometimes younger mothers or first time mothers, dont know what to expect nad actually will kill the puppies..(hope thats not her case) but you need to watch her really good, as for heating pads, they are usually not recommended for long periods of time because the puppy that cat move really well, cant get off of them and can actually overheat or burn themselves if they lay on them too long, if you do use them set them on the lowest possile setting, me personally i have a wooden whelping pen that is about 3 foot tall with a door that I can let the mother out of .. but it is enclosed onthe top as well, I have a space heater made into the wall in a cutout, and have it on it stays about 80 degrees inside the pen...
Back to top Go down
http://trejoskennels.bravehost.com
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Number of posts : 1687
Age : 38
Localisation : Oshawa Ontario
Registration date : 2006-11-09

BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!!   BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2007 2:25 am

Xelleron wrote:
I think we have a heating pad some where or a heating lamp of some sort.

Brittle is growling at the puppies, is that normal?

OMG!!!! why do dams do that, My dog would whine when she was feeding when they had teeth, but never growl....
Does she look mad, like bare her teeth and stuff???
Back to top Go down
Xelleron
Top Pit
Top Pit
Xelleron

Number of posts : 527
Age : 31
Localisation : Say whaa?
Registration date : 2006-12-22

BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!!   BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2007 4:55 am

ye, she does, not very often, but the one time I was sitting watching them one of the pups got too close to her face and she growled. I popped her on the head lightly and said "SNAP OUT OF IT!!!!"

My mom and I have been watching her very carefully ever since.
Back to top Go down
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

Number of posts : 1025
Age : 39
Localisation : Ohio
Registration date : 2006-11-08

BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!!   BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2007 5:11 am

WOW! Iam soo late! Sorry!

I had all four wisdom teethe pulled this morning and I am so doped up its pathetic drunken drunken drunken


The pups are adorable! Congrats!!!! sunny
Back to top Go down
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Number of posts : 1687
Age : 38
Localisation : Oshawa Ontario
Registration date : 2006-11-09

BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!!   BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2007 5:20 am

Xelleron wrote:
ye, she does, not very often, but the one time I was sitting watching them one of the pups got too close to her face and she growled. I popped her on the head lightly and said "SNAP OUT OF IT!!!!"

My mom and I have been watching her very carefully ever since.

She got mad for it going near her face????? Hmmmm..... Ya keep a good eye on her, that sounds odd..... It could be all new to her and she just dont understand... The pups dont even hear yet.... So whats her growling goina do?? hahaha
Back to top Go down
Xelleron
Top Pit
Top Pit
Xelleron

Number of posts : 527
Age : 31
Localisation : Say whaa?
Registration date : 2006-12-22

BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!!   BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2007 7:19 am

Pantera2006 wrote:
Xelleron wrote:
ye, she does, not very often, but the one time I was sitting watching them one of the pups got too close to her face and she growled. I popped her on the head lightly and said "SNAP OUT OF IT!!!!"

My mom and I have been watching her very carefully ever since.

She got mad for it going near her face????? Hmmmm..... Ya keep a good eye on her, that sounds odd..... It could be all new to her and she just dont understand... The pups dont even hear yet.... So whats her growling goina do?? hahaha


she's fine right now, mom and I talked about it and we think we had too many people come over and look at her and hold the puppies and so on. So she could've been slightly stressed out.
Back to top Go down
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Number of posts : 1687
Age : 38
Localisation : Oshawa Ontario
Registration date : 2006-11-09

BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!!   BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2007 8:44 am

NO!!!!! Really, you let people touch them???? Oh my!!!! No that is a big NONO.... My dog freaked out just for people being in my house.... And she was delivering in my room..... Ya, Please dont let no one, but you and your mom touch them..... Some females are crazy!!! haha
Back to top Go down
trejos kennels
Top Pit
Top Pit
trejos kennels

Number of posts : 650
Age : 37
Localisation : Virgnia
Registration date : 2006-11-17

BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: yeah   BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2007 8:49 am

you really should not let anyone else touch them right now except for family for alot of different reasons... but I have heard not sure but have heard that sometimes if the mother feels stressed or threatened that she will kill the puppies, actually thinking that she is protecting them...
Back to top Go down
http://trejoskennels.bravehost.com
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Number of posts : 1687
Age : 38
Localisation : Oshawa Ontario
Registration date : 2006-11-09

BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!!   BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2007 8:51 am

trejos kennels wrote:
you really should not let anyone else touch them right now except for family for alot of different reasons... but I have heard not sure but have heard that sometimes if the mother feels stressed or threatened that she will kill the puppies, actually thinking that she is protecting them...
Yep!!!! Very true!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Xelleron
Top Pit
Top Pit
Xelleron

Number of posts : 527
Age : 31
Localisation : Say whaa?
Registration date : 2006-12-22

BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!!   BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2007 9:18 am

I think the only one who really touched them besides my mom and I was our neighbour sorting them from boy and girl. Unfortunately I wasn't there to prevent her from touching them.

Other then that we haven't let anyone touch or fondle the puppies. My mom and I have been moving them around slighty to make sure they don't get squished.

Question, when do the puppies ears finally open up, and when do they open their eyes.
Back to top Go down
trejos kennels
Top Pit
Top Pit
trejos kennels

Number of posts : 650
Age : 37
Localisation : Virgnia
Registration date : 2006-11-17

BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: well   BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2007 10:43 am

it happenes usually around the same time .. however these lat 2 pups that I had opened thier eyes before they were 2 weeks old..lol but usually etween 2-3 weeks both will open..
Back to top Go down
http://trejoskennels.bravehost.com
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member


Number of posts : 799
Age : 40
Localisation : Tennessee
Registration date : 2006-11-09

BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!!   BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2007 7:52 pm

Whew, I'm not bashing you k...but man, your mom should have NEVER bred that dog, you've got alot to learn about breeding and whelping puppies. When you bring other people into your home to view your pups, you can bring in parvo, and all kinds of other nasty things to your pups. This is a huge NO NO! Not only that part of the whelping process is to be sure the mother feels safe and secure with her puppies, and if your bringing other people in right now to handle them, your asking for puppies to get squished because she will now be super over protective of them.

Just a quick question though, did you look on the net and read anything at all about whelping? Honestly, you could have found out most any information that you were looking for on the internet, or at your local library. Accidents happen everyday but this was no accident, and if you or your mother are taking responsiblity to breed a dog, you need to do your research.

BTW, I DO NOT suggest heating pads. If puppies are raised inside I have NEVER used anything extra to boost the pups temperature, the mother and simple blankets you use in the pool or whatever keep the pups warm enough. Heating is the quickest way to dehydrate your pups because they are only getting the milk from the mother at this point. Yes their warmth is important but if you raise your pups inside, there's no reason for extra warmth.

If you are raising the pups in a garage, get a heating lamp, low watts or use bottled water warm it up and put it in the whelping box with the pups, but not a heating pad.

The funniest thing to me is seeing everyone freak over what the mother does, or the pups being too warm, etc etc. Dogs/Wolves have raised puppies outside long before we started breeding them. How do you think they keep from losing an entire litter? I've known quite a few breeders that raised their pups in barns, no extra heat, and had some of the healthiest pups I've ever seen. Stop trippin everyone, having pups is a natural thing and dogs have been doing it forever without our help. Do I suggest you don't help at all NO, but the mother does need to do her job. Let nature take its course.
Back to top Go down
http://www.schismatickennels.com
trejos kennels
Top Pit
Top Pit
trejos kennels

Number of posts : 650
Age : 37
Localisation : Virgnia
Registration date : 2006-11-17

BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: I   BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2007 8:02 pm

I agree that the big issue is not the heat or the way the mother is acting about the puppies, just answering questions asked... But I have indeed seen a entire litter killed by the weather.. none of mine mind you but I had a nieghbor that had a mutt dog that ended up pregnant and she had her pups outside in the cold.. Next morning when he came out all of the puppies were dead.. some of them still frozen in thier sacs.. Just because it doesnt always happen IT IS very important to keep the puppies at a safe temperature for the first 1-2 weeks at least...I fortunatley have NEVER lost a pup due to the elements but just as dangerous as the cold weather I have also seeen some pups die of the hot weather .. so noone is going to tell me that the temperature of the litter is not importnat.. for the most part YES let mother do her job.. I dont mess with them, (unless I have to) but they are in a warm temperature for the first 1-2 weeks .. If it is winter for the first 4 weeks and gradually taken from the heat there after not to make them totally dependant, or sick from the heat.. To ME keeping a stable temperature for the puppies in a garage or outdorr enviorment is VERY important..
Back to top Go down
http://trejoskennels.bravehost.com
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member


Number of posts : 799
Age : 40
Localisation : Tennessee
Registration date : 2006-11-09

BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!!   BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2007 8:06 pm

trejos kennels wrote:
I agree that the big issue is not the heat or the way the mother is acting about the puppies, just answering questions asked... But I have indeed seen a entire litter killed by the weather.. none of mine mind you but I had a nieghbor that had a mutt dog that ended up pregnant and she had her pups outside in the cold.. Next morning when he came out all of the puppies were dead.. some of them still frozen in thier sacs.. Just because it doesnt always happen IT IS very important to keep the puppies at a safe temperature for the first 1-2 weeks at least...I fortunatley have NEVER lost a pup due to the elements but just as dangerous as the cold weather I have also seeen some pups die of the hot weather .. so noone is going to tell me that the temperature of the litter is not importnat.. for the most part YES let mother do her job.. I dont mess with them, (unless I have to) but they are in a warm temperature for the first 1-2 weeks .. If it is winter for the first 4 weeks and gradually taken from the heat there after not to make them totally dependant, or sick from the heat.. To ME keeping a stable temperature for the puppies in a garage or outdorr enviorment is VERY important..

LOL good god go back and read my post please, I NEVER said temp wasn't important, I just said that dogs have been doing this in the wild forever and everyone is freaking. I did suggest ways to keep the pups temp up outside or in a garage. So no one told you that the temperature wasn't important. I said Inside teh house was different.
Back to top Go down
http://www.schismatickennels.com
trejos kennels
Top Pit
Top Pit
trejos kennels

Number of posts : 650
Age : 37
Localisation : Virgnia
Registration date : 2006-11-17

BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: I   BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2007 8:09 pm

I did read your post and agreed, Ithe point I guess I was trying to make was that I was not freaking but as you said .. she obviously knows nothing about breeding and whelping the pups, and so telling her everything possible is important.. I made a point to tell her that she should not have anyone touch the pups, adn some pointers on keeping them warm, and what I use and what should nt be used... I dont know where I was freaking???
Back to top Go down
http://trejoskennels.bravehost.com
redsky
Guest



BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!!   BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2007 8:10 pm

Xelleron wrote:
Pantera2006 wrote:
Xelleron wrote:
ye, she does, not very often, but the one time I was sitting watching them one of the pups got too close to her face and she growled. I popped her on the head lightly and said "SNAP OUT OF IT!!!!"

My mom and I have been watching her very carefully ever since.

She got mad for it going near her face????? Hmmmm..... Ya keep a good eye on her, that sounds odd..... It could be all new to her and she just dont understand... The pups dont even hear yet.... So whats her growling goina do?? hahaha


she's fine right now, mom and I talked about it and we think we had too many people come over and look at her and hold the puppies and so on. So she could've been slightly stressed out.


PEOPLE COME OVER!!! THAT'S A HUGE NO NO YOU COULD LOOSE ALL THOSE PUPS TO PARVO OR ANYTHING!! THEY ARE TO YOUNG TO HAVE A BUNCH OF FOLKS OVER WITHOUT HAVING A BLEACH PARTY!!! I KNOW YALL ARE KNEW BUT YOU GOTTA BE CAREFUL!
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member


Number of posts : 799
Age : 40
Localisation : Tennessee
Registration date : 2006-11-09

BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!!   BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2007 8:12 pm

trejos kennels wrote:
I did read your post and agreed, Ithe point I guess I was trying to make was that I was not freaking but as you said .. she obviously knows nothing about breeding and whelping the pups, and so telling her everything possible is important.. I made a point to tell her that she should not have anyone touch the pups, adn some pointers on keeping them warm, and what I use and what should nt be used... I dont know where I was freaking???

hmm did I say Brandi? Nope I said People lol I was referring to most new breeders in a whole.
Back to top Go down
http://www.schismatickennels.com
redsky
Guest



BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!!   BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2007 8:16 pm

trejos kennels wrote:
I did read your post and agreed, Ithe point I guess I was trying to make was that I was not freaking but as you said .. she obviously knows nothing about breeding and whelping the pups, and so telling her everything possible is important.. I made a point to tell her that she should not have anyone touch the pups, adn some pointers on keeping them warm, and what I use and what should nt be used... I dont know where I was freaking???

Ok look the thing with heating pads and such is you can dehydrate them very quickly and easily if ya don't know what your doing, same goes for a heating lamp! Are they not in a heated area (that's the only time those are needed when there is no heat around, like outdoors barns and such). I'll tell ya i lost one to dehydration with the heating pad so i no longer tell folks to use them UNLESS the pups are not in a heated area. Besides that if you got one that is already chilled using a heating pad will not save it as they can't eat chilled and it will starve before it warms up unless you've caught it really quick which the odds of that is slim to none! Well I sure hope the best for those pups but reading some of this stuff has worried the heck out of me!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!!   BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!!
Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Black Walnut Brittle
» Abandoned Puppies.
» Puppies looking for good homes
» Another 2 puppies dumped in Fuente Nueva
» Puppies - Lapso Apso/Schi Tzu Mix

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pit Boss :: GENERAL TOPICS :: Pit Tales-
Jump to: