The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I have seen the problem.......

Go down 
+4
Pantera2006
APBT4ME
LegendsMami
Oldfort
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Oldfort
Admin
Oldfort

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2006-11-08

I have seen the problem....... Empty
PostSubject: I have seen the problem.......   I have seen the problem....... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2006 5:05 am

Now that I have been re assigned to a different fire hall the APBT's problem has become very clear to me. I am now stationed in the GHETTO. Im in the lowest income section of the city and APBT's are on every corner and in every yard. MANY of these dogs run lose so I can see how problems arise. There are SOO many just lose and on the run its scary! No wonder kids get mauled and they have a bad rep.

Again it all goes back the owner. Stiffer penalties need to be in place to discourage the average joe blow from owning them!
Back to top Go down
https://thepitboss.editboard.com
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

Number of posts : 971

PostSubject: Re: I have seen the problem.......   I have seen the problem....... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2006 6:19 am

Wow! I agree there sohould be harsher penalties involving dogs running loose, etc...Where my grandparents live you can call ACO all you want they are not coming out. So a couple of people have taken it upon themselves to be animal control. They just shoot dogs that are running loose! I know I have been chased a couple of times walking around there and was almost attacked by a Rottie/APBT mix while walking Tasha. I do believe someone uh..put that dog out of its misery. The dog was just as crazy as her owner.
Back to top Go down
Oldfort
Admin
Oldfort

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: I have seen the problem.......   I have seen the problem....... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2006 7:38 am

Yeah its quite terrible, there are ALL KINDS of dogs running lose but there also are ALOT of APBT'S
Back to top Go down
https://thepitboss.editboard.com
redsky

PostSubject: Re: I have seen the problem.......   I have seen the problem....... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2006 8:16 am

Oldfort wrote:
Now that I have been re assigned to a different fire hall the APBT's problem has become very clear to me. I am now stationed in the GHETTO. Im in the lowest income section of the city and APBT's are on every corner and in every yard. MANY of these dogs run lose so I can see how problems arise. There are SOO many just lose and on the run its scary! No wonder kids get mauled and they have a bad rep.

Again it all goes back the owner. Stiffer penalties need to be in place to discourage the average joe blow from owning them!

What's funny to me is my city is at the bottom of the list and classified as the ghetto but we all cherish our pits here!! Some keep them outside but most keep them in house and would actually kill about their pits. Not going to say everyone has them socialized but most are trained to basic commands and I can honestly say NONE run loose! So I guess even though they say we are the ghetto we got one over on someone lol.
Back to top Go down
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

Number of posts : 1025

PostSubject: Re: I have seen the problem.......   I have seen the problem....... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2006 8:43 am

That is so sad No
Back to top Go down
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2006-11-09

PostSubject: Re: I have seen the problem.......   I have seen the problem....... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2006 12:55 pm

Awwww That is so sad!!! HOw does someone just ket their dog run like that and not care?? Sad Thats terrible....
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 799

PostSubject: Re: I have seen the problem.......   I have seen the problem....... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2006 9:28 pm

redsky wrote:
Oldfort wrote:

What's funny to me is my city is at the bottom of the list and classified as the ghetto but we all cherish our pits here!! Some keep them outside but most keep them in house and would actually kill about their pits. Not going to say everyone has them socialized but most are trained to basic commands and I can honestly say NONE run loose! So I guess even though they say we are the ghetto we got one over on someone lol.

Sigh, just goes to show you labels prove nothing either.
Back to top Go down
http://www.schismatickennels.com
Judy
Charter Member
Charter Member
Judy

Number of posts : 202

PostSubject: Re: I have seen the problem.......   I have seen the problem....... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2006 12:15 am

Dogs running loose is not good. I'm an "every dog should be on a leash or tie-out" type of person. That being said, it might be more acceptable if people let their dogs run loose in the country, but in urban areas there are more people, ergo likely to be more accidents. Not all attacks are reported, and not all make the media. But I've been watching the ones that do make the media, because there is a greater likelihood that bsl could be proposed in that area. The problem does not just lie in any one place, ghetto farm, or suburb. Some of the most high profiled attacks have come from affluent areas. I met someone who lived in a ghetto type place and he told me that many do cherish their dogs there, so much so that if you piss someone off there, they may threaten to hurt your dog. That being said, there are irresponsible owners in every place in the world.
I tend to go off on a tangent sometimes, so bringing it back to the original statement, seeing how many of them are running loose is very disturbing. I would also be disturbed.
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: I have seen the problem.......   I have seen the problem....... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2006 2:21 am

Judy wrote:
Dogs running loose is not good. I'm an "every dog should be on a leash or tie-out" type of person. That being said, it might be more acceptable if people let their dogs run loose in the country, but in urban areas there are more people, ergo likely to be more accidents. Not all attacks are reported, and not all make the media. But I've been watching the ones that do make the media, because there is a greater likelihood that bsl could be proposed in that area. The problem does not just lie in any one place, ghetto farm, or suburb. Some of the most high profiled attacks have come from affluent areas. I met someone who lived in a ghetto type place and he told me that many do cherish their dogs there, so much so that if you piss someone off there, they may threaten to hurt your dog. That being said, there are irresponsible owners in every place in the world.
I tend to go off on a tangent sometimes, so bringing it back to the original statement, seeing how many of them are running loose is very disturbing. I would also be disturbed.

Well said Judy! The problem is what can be done? It's the ghetto so must don't care about what's going on in that area. Your right about one thing folks here would sooner hurt your dog then face you. That's one reason why I keep all mine in house but one and wish I could bring her in to :-(. Most here are more so about showing off what they have and in that cherish the heck out of them lol. We had a big situation in our city a few months back where a firefighter was accusted of dog fighting and sense alot of people have become very aware of things and keeping an eye out for it. I can say my lil home town ghetto city is becoming a much better place! I had argued that the guy couldn't possible have fought his dogs then a cousin of his told me he did and I shut up about the whole thing (you just never know sometimes). Seems very dishonorable a city official would do something like that!!!
Back to top Go down
wheezie wayne
Top Pit
Top Pit
wheezie wayne

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2006-11-11

PostSubject: Re: I have seen the problem.......   I have seen the problem....... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2006 2:49 am

i just moved from an area just like yours, drive bys all the time, shoot we had a car runing from the cops that cliped my house less that 3 months ago. anyways, i have always wondered what the fasination with, gnagstas and cadillac's, rims and pit bulls. i dont know if its an ego thing or what.
Back to top Go down
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

PostSubject: Re: I have seen the problem.......   I have seen the problem....... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2006 3:06 am

Its an ego thing....

I moved here fro the "ghetto". When i say "ghetto" I'm talking about beat up houses, crack heads, dope boys, can't leave anything outside without it being stolen, it wasn't anything to new to here gunshots and later on the news here about who those same gnshots killed. It was awful. Every dope boy on the corner had a pitbull on leash and they (the dogs) where mean as heck and on big chains. The typical stereo type you here people talking about, and since these are their protection they take very good care of them Rolling Eyes .... they also fight them. The bad thing about it is, my mom still lives in that house and refuse to move because she grew up there No

I'd like to hang them all by there toenails about four inces from the ground with a nice joice steak right under them. and sit back and make a bet how long they can "hang" Twisted Evil Get'n a taste of there own medicine!
Back to top Go down
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

PostSubject: Re: I have seen the problem.......   I have seen the problem....... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2006 10:38 am

Well its wierd, My buddy krypto was just found dead 2 weeks ago, Cause unknown... But i saw this guy let his dog out on another cat?? What if he did that to my buddy?? And next time the dog decides thta a kid is a better target?? People do not use their heads man!!!
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: I have seen the problem.......   I have seen the problem....... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2006 8:05 pm

Pantera2006 wrote:
Well its wierd, My buddy krypto was just found dead 2 weeks ago, Cause unknown... But i saw this guy let his dog out on another cat?? What if he did that to my buddy?? And next time the dog decides thta a kid is a better target?? People do not use their heads man!!!

I'm lost. Is krypto a dog or a human? I'm sorry to hear this and people really are just that dang dumb!!
Back to top Go down
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

PostSubject: Re: I have seen the problem.......   I have seen the problem....... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2006 9:50 pm

Krypto was her cat. A manx i think.
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: I have seen the problem.......   I have seen the problem....... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2006 10:07 pm

MidwestBully wrote:
Krypto was her cat. A manx i think.

oh wow that sucks. I am an all animal person, I love all kinds of animals! To hear something like this that person is sick!!
Back to top Go down
Judy
Charter Member
Charter Member
Judy

PostSubject: Re: I have seen the problem.......   I have seen the problem....... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2006 10:01 am

[quote="redsky] We had a big situation in our city a few months back where a firefighter was accusted of dog fighting and sense alot of people have become very aware of things and keeping an eye out for it. I can say my lil home town ghetto city is becoming a much better place! I had argued that the guy couldn't possible have fought his dogs then a cousin of his told me he did and I shut up about the whole thing (you just never know sometimes). Seems very dishonorable a city official would do something like that!!![/quote]

Was this the guy in the news? I do remember a firefighter being accused, and I don't know if I ever heard the outcome.
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: I have seen the problem.......   I have seen the problem....... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2006 6:25 pm

Judy wrote:
[quote="redsky] We had a big situation in our city a few months back where a firefighter was accusted of dog fighting and sense alot of people have become very aware of things and keeping an eye out for it. I can say my lil home town ghetto city is becoming a much better place! I had argued that the guy couldn't possible have fought his dogs then a cousin of his told me he did and I shut up about the whole thing (you just never know sometimes). Seems very dishonorable a city official would do something like that!!!

Was this the guy in the news? I do remember a firefighter being accused, and I don't know if I ever heard the outcome.[/quote]

It was all over the news. I know they took all the dogs and he got some jail time and fines. Not sure if he is even out yet will have to make a call and see. This is what was said about it. This guy was a firefighter had taken vaccation from the job. During the vaccation the yard started to smell so the neighbor called to have it checked out well turns out he had a yard full of pits and some had killed the others (found dead remains all over the yard) said this guy had used some to bait the others or that was how it appeared to them. They found breeding stands and break sticks (which to me is not fighting stuff! but it is illegal to own any of it here, you can't even own a tread mill). They wouldn't say what else they found in the house but the guy was called by several people and told what went on. I was told he said he wasn't coming back but low and behold he showed up about a week later. They arrested him on sight, he swore he wasn't dog fighting and I believed he wasn't that they were just out for a pitbull owners blood until I talked to one of his relatives and he said girl please he was fighting the heck out of them dogs. I couldn't even stand to follow the case after that. It was very upsetting that a city official (someone our kids are suppose to look up to) could do this. I kept thinking those poor dogs, I won't place a dog in this city (unless it's to someone I know well) for that reason! I know I can't hold it against everyone but man that just took something out of my trust for this area.
Back to top Go down
Judy
Charter Member
Charter Member
Judy

PostSubject: Re: I have seen the problem.......   I have seen the problem....... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 15, 2006 10:40 am

I agree, it is certainly too bad esp. when it is a trusted official. Not to mention the message it may send to the kids, well if he does it then it must be ok to do it...goodness I hope that doesnt happen.
It really is sad. Of all things he could have done on his vacation.
I agree that just possessing such equipment does not make you guilty, but it also doesn't look good. I have a stick but am afraid to get a mill.
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: I have seen the problem.......   I have seen the problem....... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 15, 2006 6:51 pm

I was in the process of having one built when I found this out but it was gonna help greatly with training, guess I got to do it the old fashioned way and run with my dogs Wink or ride the bike like last year lol. I don't have the sticks because they consider that worse then anything else but I know how to use some stuff as make shift sticks lol. I've had to do that twice now for Rayne and Sierra Sad so I just keep them totally apart now.
Back to top Go down
maryellen
Jr. Pup
Jr. Pup
maryellen

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2006-11-15

PostSubject: Re: I have seen the problem.......   I have seen the problem....... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2006 4:08 am

it is also up to the breeders as to who gets their dogs.. some breeders dont ask anything, just pay for the dog... if all breeders were more strict then maybe the idiots would have a harder time getting the breed.. and yes, owners should be held responsible.. and i also feel that if a breeder knowingly breeds HA into their line then they should be held accountable as well as the owner.. if everyone involved was held responsible maybe they would think twice about it..
Back to top Go down
http://www.imageevent.com/princess21
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 799

PostSubject: Re: I have seen the problem.......   I have seen the problem....... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2006 5:01 am

maryellen wrote:
it is also up to the breeders as to who gets their dogs.. some breeders dont ask anything, just pay for the dog... if all breeders were more strict then maybe the idiots would have a harder time getting the breed.. and yes, owners should be held responsible.. and i also feel that if a breeder knowingly breeds HA into their line then they should be held accountable as well as the owner.. if everyone involved was held responsible maybe they would think twice about it..

We usually place our dogs, and don't sell, I'll find myself on rare occasions selling, it hasn't happened yet, doesn't mean it won't. We are VERY selective as to where our puppies go, and we ask that they receive good pet homes, above anything else. Our contracts are designed so that we are updated and will receive the pup/dog back under the circumstances that the owner cannot or does not want to take care of the dog, no questions asked. Period. Don't think that if someone doesn't take of my dog, notify me of how they are doing, then I WILL come and get them no problem. So if you gotta dog from me and decide that its not in your best interest to keep me updated, then expect me on your doorstep w/ our contract in hand and teh police department, I don't play nicely when it comes to my animals. PERIOD!
Back to top Go down
http://www.schismatickennels.com
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

PostSubject: Re: I have seen the problem.......   I have seen the problem....... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2006 7:25 am

^^^^^^^^
Good Post!!!
When I got Pantera and my white that was stolen, I asked the breeder about how fast that she got rid of the pups, I didnt mean it like bad, but i just ment how fast did they go, Well she told me that she didnt like the phrase "get rid of", I told her sorry i didnt mean to sound Ummmm whats the word, rude i guess, But she said that it was ok and that good breeders dont get "rid" of puppies, they place them and find them good homes.. And ever since she told me that, i have always said, find homes, or place them... It made alot of sence!! You dont wanna get rid of them you want a good loving home!! So i use that phrase from now on!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have seen the problem.......   I have seen the problem....... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I have seen the problem.......
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pit Boss :: GENERAL TOPICS :: Pit Tales-
Jump to: