The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Finally got our house dog

Go down 
+4
ericschevy
trejos kennels
schismatickennels
Oldfort
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Oldfort
Admin
Oldfort

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2006-11-08

Finally got our house dog Empty
PostSubject: Finally got our house dog   Finally got our house dog Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2007 8:48 am

For a long time now we have debated having a "house dog" We tried Rebel, but he was allergic to something in the house, Switch, well he is just to plain insane to keep in the house so last night I brought Gracie in. After 3 baths she turned out to be a brindle, who knew!!! She is GREAT, so laid back, she just walked right up to Savannah (our 8mth daughter) and looked at her and laid down. Also she sheds very little, another pointer is that she is our only "non competitve" dog so the house suits her just fine!!!
Back to top Go down
https://thepitboss.editboard.com
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 799
Registration date : 2006-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Finally got our house dog   Finally got our house dog Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2007 9:14 am

LMAO!!! I knew she was brindle....Vanna is awesome in the house, chance is great, Taz is a spastic colon waiting to happen. Zoe no way in heck! Although well behaved when watching her she's like taz and spastic. So yea. lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.schismatickennels.com
redsky

PostSubject: Re: Finally got our house dog   Finally got our house dog Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2007 10:12 am

All mine are in the house as yall already know. Kikie gets her moments where she just wants to run through her like a nut case but soon as i say KIIIIKEEEEEEZZZZZZEEE she stops lol. Chaka is just crazy about attention she will jump right in your lap i keep telling her baby your not a lap dog! If you won't hold her don't lay down, she'll walk right across your face like hmm hmm if i can't lay with you you can't lay at all! Midas is great and so is Sierra.
Back to top Go down
trejos kennels
Top Pit
Top Pit
trejos kennels

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2006-11-17

PostSubject: lol   Finally got our house dog Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2007 2:42 pm

Glad she is working out....how much longer till we have some puppies????
Back to top Go down
http://trejoskennels.bravehost.com
Oldfort
Admin
Oldfort

PostSubject: Re: Finally got our house dog   Finally got our house dog Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2007 7:11 pm

Im thinking Feb 7-9
Back to top Go down
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2006-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Finally got our house dog   Finally got our house dog Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2007 9:13 pm

Oldfort wrote:
For a long time now we have debated having a "house dog" We tried Rebel, but he was allergic to something in the house, Switch, well he is just to plain insane to keep in the house so last night I brought Gracie in. After 3 baths she turned out to be a brindle, who knew!!! She is GREAT, so laid back, she just walked right up to Savannah (our 8mth daughter) and looked at her and laid down. Also she sheds very little, another pointer is that she is our only "non competitve" dog so the house suits her just fine!!!

I am surprised you hadn't done this earlier, A house is not a home without a dog LOL.....
Back to top Go down
http://garage-inc.your-board.com/
Anna @ Nikanas Pits
mature pup
mature pup
Anna @ Nikanas Pits

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2006-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Finally got our house dog   Finally got our house dog Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2007 9:45 pm

ericschevy wrote:
A house is not a home without a dog LOL.....

I completely agree Eric!!

Glad to hear it Andy, hope it all works out!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/nikanas
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2006-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Finally got our house dog   Finally got our house dog Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2007 9:55 pm

A lot of the time they are a good source of entertainment too LMAO...
Back to top Go down
http://garage-inc.your-board.com/
wheezie wayne
Top Pit
Top Pit
wheezie wayne

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2006-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Finally got our house dog   Finally got our house dog Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2007 10:24 pm

i bet you lil girl is having a ball with her
Back to top Go down
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Number of posts : 1687

PostSubject: Re: Finally got our house dog   Finally got our house dog Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2007 1:17 am

Nice!!!! I knew she was a brindle, shes a blue brindle....hehe....
I think alot has to say about a dam, when she is with human kids, like i mean her mothering....
Back to top Go down
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

Number of posts : 1025

PostSubject: Re: Finally got our house dog   Finally got our house dog Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2007 1:26 am

Oldfort wrote:
After 3 baths she turned out to be a brindle, who knew!!!

...lmao

The wonderous powers of a bath ...lol
Back to top Go down
Oldfort
Admin
Oldfort

PostSubject: Re: Finally got our house dog   Finally got our house dog Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2007 3:45 am

Quote :
I am surprised you hadn't done this earlier, A house is not a home without a dog LOL.....

Well having 2 daughters under 3 years of age it had to be the "RIGHT" dog. Gracie seems to be that dog. She is not the normal APBT. I think alot of that has to do with her abusive past. She will walk right over to my 8month daughter who is sitting in the floor, sniff her and just leave and lay down. There is nothing excitable about her, she is so laid back, Now she can get excited at times but 90% she is just laid back.

Also her socialization is soo far behind what a 2 1/2 year old dog should be. She was locked up in a crate for about 18 months of her life and you can tell because her rear end is so weak! She still doesnt walk correctly, just no muscle. Her bone structure is correct, we had that checked before we considered breeding her, she just never had a chance to develop right!

Funny thing is that our house dog just about got canned when we first got her. She displayed very aggressive behavior towards my wife one night but I think it was due to her being new, dark and Jess surprised her. Trust me the following weeks I put that dog through everything possible, I gave her EVERY reason to challenge me and show aggressiveness but she never did. She has turned out to be one of the sweetest dogs we have ever had!!
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 799

PostSubject: Re: Finally got our house dog   Finally got our house dog Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2007 3:57 am

I hope she doesn't change on ya once she has them pups. I know Zoe did for us. She was good while she was pregnant then once she had em she was a mess! lol Good luck with her
Back to top Go down
http://www.schismatickennels.com
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

PostSubject: Re: Finally got our house dog   Finally got our house dog Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2007 4:02 am

Penut is like that. She is calm and dosile. When you pet her she doesn't get all hyped and figity, she just melts away in your arms. She's playful, but for the most part very calm.
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: Finally got our house dog   Finally got our house dog Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2007 4:22 am

MidwestBully wrote:
Penut is like that. She is calm and dosile. When you pet her she doesn't get all hyped and figity, she just melts away in your arms. She's playful, but for the most part very calm.

Peanut has been raised around kids, dogs etc. I have heard that she can get just like her mother so be careful. Sierra is a wonderful dog but actually the last time she saw peanut she was gonna tear into her! Peanut didn't back down either she was like i am my mothers daughter lol. Long as either isn't challenged they are great but should another dog challenge them it's on! Sierra is the best with kids to!!! She sleeps with my baby boy and loves my daughter to death, she actually listens to my daughter like that's her master lol. I've not had any pits that weren't good with my children though! Even when i ran redboy, jeep and colby they were all raised with my kids and a dog that isn't good or trusted with them cannot be in my home!!
Back to top Go down
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

PostSubject: Re: Finally got our house dog   Finally got our house dog Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2007 4:57 am

How's Gracie doing Andy? Are you gonna have an ultrasound done?
Back to top Go down
Oldfort
Admin
Oldfort

PostSubject: Re: Finally got our house dog   Finally got our house dog Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2007 1:01 pm

I dont know. I like surprises and if I dont have to I probably wont. She is getting big though. Id say they will come sooner than later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally got our house dog   Finally got our house dog Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finally got our house dog
Page 1 of 1