The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

can someone explain

Go down 
+4
wheezie wayne
Oldfort
Bluffside
MisterMatt
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2006-11-09

can someone explain - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: can someone explain   can someone explain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2007 8:15 am

redsky wrote:
Yep you got eric! They were bred to be ANIMAL AGGRESSIVE there is a major difference between that and human aggression!!! If a pit kills an animal i don't trip because it's in their blood and you can't take that away. You will find some that are less aggressive toward animals then others has alot to do with the way they were bred, raised and trained! I've not had any of my current ones kill anything intentionally but my red noses would kill rabbits, squerrels and any other small animal they could get to and it never shocked me or upset me.

But what if you breed Manx cats and are expecting a litter in like 6 weeks?? I know she will kill them, she tries to kill the one that i have now?? So why should i have to deal with that??? If i wake up and found that she chewed through a door to get at my kittens, then she will be meeting a vet and getting put down...Just cuz i love my manx cats and had them as long as i have had pitbulls... I dont think its fair that she goes and kills my pets.. Why should i just excuse that??
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: can someone explain   can someone explain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2007 8:28 am

Amanda that's a chance you took owning a pitbull. You can't expect her to not kill one just because. I mean sierra has been raised with cats and will not harm one but I can't expect that of Kikie or Midas. I don't even expect it from sierra when i'm not around. I mean i can control all of mine when i'm there but when i'm gone i don't trust them not to get the prey drive going! You'll either have to risk losing them cats, lock her up or get rid of her.
Back to top Go down
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2006-12-05

PostSubject: Re: can someone explain   can someone explain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2007 8:32 am

That's a tuffy, I personally don't like cats so it would be a easy decision for me...I do know where you are coming from though, and I feel for ya...
Back to top Go down
http://garage-inc.your-board.com/
redsky

PostSubject: Re: can someone explain   can someone explain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2007 10:42 am

I also feel bad for you Amanda that's a hard decision to make. I love cats, gave them up for my pitties though but it's not like you just have a domestic cat so that would be a heart breaking choice for me!
Back to top Go down
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2006-12-05

PostSubject: Re: can someone explain   can someone explain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2007 6:49 pm

MisterMatt wrote:
ericschevy wrote:
When I say don't set yourself up for failure I mainly mean
except the fact that they have a bad image, Like bluffside said "You have to take the good with the bad."

A good example would be, I have had Pits for a little over 4 years now and I still have to hear an older woman at work tell me I am crazy for owning one. And having kids in the house is what really gets her going. My pits and kids are best friends...
I will make comments like hey Betty you should of seen Tyler playing with my Pits last night, They were having a blast....And then watch S@!T
hit the fan.."You know one of these days that dog is going to turn on that boy and either tear him up or kill him." affraid Yeah right LOL

When I encounter people like this I usually try to educate them first and if that don't work I just smile and Nod..

This woman and many others have never had one nor any dog for that matter, Yet know so much about them>>HOW CAN THIS BE?
She gets her info from the news and news paper and then probably passes her stupid beliefs on to HER offspring like her parents did to her. The problem with the news IMO is that you never hear about any dog of any breed doing any good, Therefore the only image of them in peoples eyes is negative...

If you were president would you punish the entire world for what Binladen did to our trade centers? Its no different than persecuting an entire breed for what a few pits did..IMO

OK, I'm done, I could go on for days about this...LOL

ya, i think ive actually gotten through to my mom about who really is the bad guy when it comes to these dogs having a bad rep. but its hard with all the media coverage and even youtube has videos of pitbull attacks (but they also have some real good videos showing the other side of pits that the majority doesnt know exists).

in all honesty, have any of yall ever had any real behavioral problems with your dogs?

Tell MOM that they have this image because Egomaniacs get them and use them like pawns in a chess game and that's the only recognition they get as far as the media goes....It's not a secret that the APBT is the strongest breed around and the only one that is able to pull three times their own body weight, then throw in the fact they had been breed for aggression towards other animals (NOT HUMANS) and you have the makings of a popular toy for irresponsible people...

In all honesty I believe that behavioral problems are man made,,IMO

Here is some good news....I only approve of this because they are used for detection work, not for attack dogs like the police use German Sheppard's...

http://www.lawdogsusa.org/page1.html
Back to top Go down
http://garage-inc.your-board.com/
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 799
Registration date : 2006-11-09

PostSubject: Re: can someone explain   can someone explain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2007 7:34 pm

Pantera2006 wrote:

But what if you breed Manx cats and are expecting a litter in like 6 weeks?? I know she will kill them, she tries to kill the one that i have now?? So why should i have to deal with that??? If i wake up and found that she chewed through a door to get at my kittens, then she will be meeting a vet and getting put down...Just cuz i love my manx cats and had them as long as i have had pitbulls... I dont think its fair that she goes and kills my pets.. Why should i just excuse that??

Honestly, your going to have to choose one or the other, exuse isn't the word I would exactly use, more like decisions and choices. It is in a DOG's nature period to chase/kill cats. They don't generally like each other. I've seen exceptions we all have, but more than 98.0928349823 of the time, your dog isn't going to like your cat. To me this is no decision. My cats would have to go. Not getting on your butt Amanda, but, before you got the dogs you should have asked yourself if that was the right environment to put your cats in. Not waited until after the dog was already killing the cats. Why would you put a dog down, for doing exactly what nature intended? Why not place it somewhere else? Kinda cruel to the dog ya know.

We have this dilemma right now, but not with Cats. My new shih-tzu buddy doesn't like pitties. Honestly, he'll go before my pits will. Or he'll learn to live with them. LUCKILY, my pits are docile toward small dogs, and when he barks or growls, its over and they back off. We shall see how this works out. If I wind up with a dead animal, guess who's at fault??? Not the Pit. ME.
Back to top Go down
http://www.schismatickennels.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: can someone explain   can someone explain - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

can someone explain
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2