The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Weightpull Questions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
InfamousKennel
Jr. Pup
Jr. Pup

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Weightpull Questions Empty
PostSubject: Weightpull Questions   Weightpull Questions Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 8:31 am

Anyone know any websites with specs on a track or possibly a blueprint of a track?? Maybe Andy can help me out since I know he has one built right?? Along with the specs of a cart that would match the track. Also where I could find some window weights?? All I could find them was up to 25 lbs or any similar drag weights in larger increments would work. Also would it be meaningful to pick up a carpet mill or would it be better just to stick to the weights? Time to start on WP soon!!! Thanks
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: Weightpull Questions   Weightpull Questions Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 9:27 am

Glenn since your a slacker you need the mill (jk) no but seriously unless you do a lot of walking, running with them I would say get the mill and possibly drag weights to just be careful with all of it and make sure you dont' over do any of the training. I have never had a track set up just used drag weights and such so can't help you there but yea i think Andy has built one so your asking the right person!
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: Weightpull Questions   Weightpull Questions Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 9:28 am

I think i told you this before but make sure the mill is legal in your state!
Back to top Go down
Oldfort
Admin
Oldfort

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2006-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Weightpull Questions   Weightpull Questions Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 9:21 pm

Hey Glen there are no specifics on tracks. One would thing there would be but there isnt anything set in stone. The only Constant is that the pull has to be 16ft so you naturally need at least a 20-24ft track. The width of the track and the cart vary all the time. This is one reason you have to learn your dogs and know the tracks. My biggest example that I always talk about is the ADBA track in NC. This is a very tought track with a hole shot. Its about and inch lower right of the begining once you get about 2 feet out it levels off but it is also very tough, it doesnt roll smooth so you have to bring your dogs in EARLY on this track.

Now also in NC at a different club they have a SUPER NICE LEVEL track. Weight rolls easy and you can wait longer to bring your dog in.

As far a building muscle on your dogs, go with a carpet mill. Walking and slat mills tone and build wind where a carpet mill will build more muscle than anything else.
Back to top Go down
https://thepitboss.editboard.com
working class hero
Jr. Pup
Jr. Pup
working class hero

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Weightpull Questions   Weightpull Questions Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 8:01 pm

Oldfort wrote:

Now also in NC at a different club they have a SUPER NICE LEVEL track. Weight rolls easy and you can wait longer to bring your dog in.

Darren sold the SUPER NICE LEVEL track, and he is building a new one(i hope) Western Carolina APBT club just bought a brand new track that they will use at there show this weekend
Back to top Go down
buzhunter
Admin
buzhunter

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2007-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Weightpull Questions   Weightpull Questions Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 6:01 pm

Sounds like it must be a good track. If you're going to be there, make sure to get some pics for us! Smile
Back to top Go down
working class hero
Jr. Pup
Jr. Pup
working class hero

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Weightpull Questions   Weightpull Questions Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 7:29 pm

I will post some pics and some vids on monday or tuesday. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weightpull Questions   Weightpull Questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weightpull Questions
Page 1 of 1