The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

why chop ears

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
irish staffy
Jr. Pup
Jr. Pup

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2007-02-13

why chop ears Empty
PostSubject: why chop ears   why chop ears Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2007 6:39 am

Embarassed i dont want to be funny why do u lot like to chop your dog's ears for...... it make them look like fighting dog!!
Back to top Go down
http://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2006-11-08

why chop ears Empty
PostSubject: Re: why chop ears   why chop ears Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2007 6:58 am

B/c some APBT ears arent acceptable in the show ring(conformation). So to not get so many faults or points deducted the ears are cropped.
Back to top Go down
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2006-11-08

why chop ears Empty
PostSubject: Re: why chop ears   why chop ears Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2007 9:10 am

If i plan on showing then i will crop, but if not, then i will keep the ears natural. Take a look at my boy Hemi, his ears are natural.

Some people crop just to crop because it looks good, and most do it for showing purposes.
Back to top Go down
American

why chop ears Empty
PostSubject: Re: why chop ears   why chop ears Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 11:49 pm

Yup, I agree with jessica...The only reason I would crop is if I were gonna show..Kali's ears were cropped. If im not showin a dog then I dont see any point in it.
Back to top Go down
redsky

why chop ears Empty
PostSubject: Re: why chop ears   why chop ears Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 1:59 am

The reason for the crop is because the head is displayed better then with floppy ears that take the attention away from the head (stop, cheeks, muzzle etc). If your not showing as they have said then don't bother cutting them cause that's my only reason for cutting them just for a pet it makes no difference and i dont crop pets.
Back to top Go down
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2006-11-09

why chop ears Empty
PostSubject: Re: why chop ears   why chop ears Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 12:05 pm

I dont know, I love the way that my dogs ears are.... they are perfect.... Not big and floppy.... So i guess you have a dog that has floppy ears then cropping is a good idea, But with me, I dont need too, I think it would make their heads look too big!!!
Back to top Go down
redsky

why chop ears Empty
PostSubject: Re: why chop ears   why chop ears Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 8:13 pm

Again that's only if your showing to have a need for the head to be visible to the judge.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

why chop ears Empty
PostSubject: Re: why chop ears   why chop ears Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

why chop ears
Page 1 of 1