The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Evolution

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
avatar

Number of posts : 748
Age : 38
Localisation : MI.
Registration date : 2006-12-05

PostSubject: Evolution   Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:26 am

OK, So I pick up my step sons science book the other day and was thumbing through it.. Low and behold I stumble upon The Theory Of Evolution..I found a pic of the progression of man from Ape to human..
How do you all feel about our schools teaching our kids that we came from APES!!!!! To me it's not only the goofiest thing ever but also contradictory to what most parents teach their children..
I was taught that god was the creator of all things....
It's no wonder that "SOME" youth of today is so messed up...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://garage-inc.your-board.com/
wheezie wayne
Top Pit
Top Pit
avatar

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2006-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Evolution   Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:06 am

i dont really see a problem with it, it is of course only a theory, i remeber when i was in school and they taught evolution is was taught as a theory not as a fact.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oldfort
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2006-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Evolution   Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:13 am

here is my problem with it, It is a theory but it inst taught as such. Also why dont they also teach Creation?

_________________
Ownership = Responsibility

www.Oldfortkennels.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thepitboss.editboard.com
YJSONLY
Charter Member
Charter Member


Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2006-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Evolution   Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:18 am

Oldfort wrote:
here is my problem with it, It is a theory but it inst taught as such. Also why dont they also teach Creation?
you should be watching abc right now.... 9.00 primetime if not look on the net for it....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wheezie wayne
Top Pit
Top Pit
avatar

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2006-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Evolution   Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:26 am

Oldfort wrote:
here is my problem with it, It is a theory but it inst taught as such. Also why dont they also teach Creation?

i think thats because america in general has a good idea of the STORY of cration, most everyone knows the story of adam and eve along with 10 comandment and other major stories in the bible including the creation of the world. where i went to school you had to get a signed pemission slip from your parents or guardian to partake in that paticular part of class.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DumDog
mature pup
mature pup


Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Evolution   Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:59 am

i agree with the "theory" part. very few schools even say that its a theory.

heck, when i was in first grade i argued with my teacher in front of the class that "Well the Bible says this about that, but this book says something else and that's wrong" her reply was "well... the LESSON PLAN says teach it this way......" in other words "look kid, i just work here..." lol
this was way before they had issues with prayer in school....
but i also live in the south and government be damned... we STILL pray for both teams before a football game, still say the pledge of allegiance and God Bless American..... its a kind of "Majority Rules" mentality..... the Christians outnumber the non Christians, and they pretty much just keep quiet out of respect... like the saying goes... When in Rome, Do as Romans Do.

now as for my own belief in the theory of evolution.... i'll believe i come from a monkey when they find the bloody missing link. which... last time i checked, hadnt happened yet.
Also i believe God had a good plan for the way he did things. He set up a domino effect and let things take the course they were going to take. life IS a cycle... Cows eat grass, cow dies, makes ground fertile, grass grows, feeds another cow and so on.
its not the school's place to teach religion or beliefs. it IS their job to teach diversity and other possible theories but they NEED to label them as just that.. theories.
my science book covered the theory of evolution AND creationism. they didnt give us tests on just one theory. we had to answer pertaining to the facts of history...... nothing was biased. so.. i guess i got lucky lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
avatar

Number of posts : 748
Age : 38
Localisation : MI.
Registration date : 2006-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Evolution   Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:14 am

Oldfort wrote:
here is my problem with it, It is a theory but it inst taught as such. Also why dont they also teach Creation?

I hear ya, but the problem is teaching creation can cause parents who don't agree and community to fly off the handle yet WE tolerate them teaching evolution..I know when I was in school my dad raised a stink about them teaching me evolution and you know the only thing they could tell him was to send me to a private school, What an outrage...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://garage-inc.your-board.com/
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
avatar

Number of posts : 748
Age : 38
Localisation : MI.
Registration date : 2006-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Evolution   Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:19 am

If we can't teach creation in school then we should not let them teach evolution either...I'm not one for forcing beliefs on children but if both are not taught and the decision left up to them than neither should be taught...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://garage-inc.your-board.com/
wheezie wayne
Top Pit
Top Pit
avatar

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2006-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Evolution   Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:17 am

ericschevy wrote:
If we can't teach creation in school then we should not let them teach evolution either...I'm not one for forcing beliefs on children but if both are not taught and the decision left up to them than neither should be taught...

i agree with, as a non christian i wouldnt mind them teching my kids the thory of cration as long as they taught it as a THEORY, maybe all schools arnt like mine since mine made the students get pemission to partake in the theory of evolution.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
avatar

Number of posts : 748
Age : 38
Localisation : MI.
Registration date : 2006-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Evolution   Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:10 am

wheezie wayne wrote:
ericschevy wrote:
If we can't teach creation in school then we should not let them teach evolution either...I'm not one for forcing beliefs on children but if both are not taught and the decision left up to them than neither should be taught...

i agree with, as a non christian i wouldnt mind them teching my kids the thory of cration as long as they taught it as a THEORY, maybe all schools arnt like mine since mine made the students get pemission to partake in the theory of evolution.

I agree, Permission should be implemented for either or both..
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://garage-inc.your-board.com/
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
avatar

Number of posts : 971
Age : 30
Localisation : PA
Registration date : 2006-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Evolution   Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:26 am

ericschevy wrote:
wheezie wayne wrote:
ericschevy wrote:
If we can't teach creation in school then we should not let them teach evolution either...I'm not one for forcing beliefs on children but if both are not taught and the decision left up to them than neither should be taught...

i agree with, as a non christian i wouldnt mind them teching my kids the thory of cration as long as they taught it as a THEORY, maybe all schools arnt like mine since mine made the students get pemission to partake in the theory of evolution.

I agree, Permission should be implemented for either or both..

I agree as well
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikado&Chalice
Top Pit
Top Pit
avatar

Number of posts : 618
Age : 49
Registration date : 2006-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Evolution   Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:48 am

How do explain the fact that ALL Living things have the same aminio acids that make up their DNA we all have thymine,cytocine,adenine and guinine. It just depends on where land on the helix as to what you are.

I to think that creation should be taught as a theory. It bugs the heck out of me that they say the bible is the truth and every thing else is theory or myth.

_________________
First they ignore me. Then they laugh at me. Then they fight me. Then I win. -Ghandi-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
avatar

Number of posts : 748
Age : 38
Localisation : MI.
Registration date : 2006-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Evolution   Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:25 pm

Mikado&Chalice wrote:
How do explain the fact that ALL Living things have the same aminio acids that make up their DNA we all have thymine,cytocine,adenine and guinine. It just depends on where land on the helix as to what you are.

I to think that creation should be taught as a theory. It bugs the heck out of me that they say the bible is the truth and every thing else is theory or myth.

That's because people with faith are dead set in their ways which means that nothing else is considered, that is what faith is, that's what it's based around...People with faith don't question it, it's just the way it is...
I know it sounds narrow minded, but to us it's not..
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://garage-inc.your-board.com/
Mikado&Chalice
Top Pit
Top Pit
avatar

Number of posts : 618
Age : 49
Registration date : 2006-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Evolution   Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:39 pm

People that say the bible is truth are so darn pushy. I happen to believe a whole different way I would never consider coming to your home and telling you that you have it all wrong and you are setting your self up to a life of damnation because you don't believe in a god and goddess.

Yes Eric you hit the nail on the head it is narrow mindness. There are so many beliefs out there how can anyone say that theirs is right and everyone elses is wrong is beyond me.

_________________
First they ignore me. Then they laugh at me. Then they fight me. Then I win. -Ghandi-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wheezie wayne
Top Pit
Top Pit
avatar

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2006-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Evolution   Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:26 am

i think some people take it to far and there is such thing as overstood religon. i go to a mosque but do not call myelf muslium, i just prefer that than any christian church i have ever been. i dont agree with everything in the bible and i also dont believe in everything in the koran. as long as everyone can meet half ways there would be no problem with evolution and creation being taught in schools. let the kids decide what they want to believe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
avatar

Number of posts : 748
Age : 38
Localisation : MI.
Registration date : 2006-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Evolution   Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:10 am

Mikado&Chalice wrote:
People that say the bible is truth are so darn pushy. I happen to believe a whole different way I would never consider coming to your home and telling you that you have it all wrong and you are setting your self up to a life of damnation because you don't believe in a god and goddess.

Yes Eric you hit the nail on the head it is narrow mindness. There are so many beliefs out there how can anyone say that theirs is right and everyone elses is wrong is beyond me.

Well, To use the term like mine is right and yours is wrong, is narrow minded..But for instance, You do believe in a god or godess so to ME, I can't discredit you for your belief because the aspect of it is the same..Do you see what I'm sayin??? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://garage-inc.your-board.com/
Mikado&Chalice
Top Pit
Top Pit
avatar

Number of posts : 618
Age : 49
Registration date : 2006-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Evolution   Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:21 pm

Yeah I see what your saying.

This happened to me at work a week ago. I was checking out this gentleman when we got to talking about prices. The man behind him said he remebered when milk was 99cents a gallon. Well I continued to talk this guy and I mentioned I was a single mom he asked me what church I went to I proudly said I'm Pagen he respons "but your so nice" I laughed.

Just a funny story from work.jocolor

_________________
First they ignore me. Then they laugh at me. Then they fight me. Then I win. -Ghandi-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anna @ Nikanas Pits
mature pup
mature pup
avatar

Number of posts : 184
Age : 38
Localisation : Michigan
Registration date : 2006-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Evolution   Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:52 pm

LOL It amazes me how closed minded ppl are when it comes to religion and all the different ones out there! Thats too funny that he would say something like that.......reminds me of the time a lady asked how we "trained" our pitbulls to be so sweet!! People get an image in their heads and thats that....

Glad to hear that his remark just gave you a laugh instead of being offended and getting angry! Shows alot about your character in my opinion!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/nikanas
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
avatar

Number of posts : 1025
Age : 37
Localisation : Ohio
Registration date : 2006-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Evolution   Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:06 am

It should not, with no question, be taught as fact. It is the most rediculous thing I've ever heard!

The only thing i can say about it is ..... if apes evoved into man naturally, than why aren't they STILL evolving?
because it a bunch of bullsh!t some scientist made up because he has no faith, and the big bang theory didn't make scence to him either! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
avatar

Number of posts : 748
Age : 38
Localisation : MI.
Registration date : 2006-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Evolution   Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:25 am

3P Kennels wrote:
It should not, with no question, be taught as fact. It is the most rediculous thing I've ever heard!

The only thing i can say about it is ..... if apes evoved into man naturally, than why aren't they STILL evolving?
because it a bunch of bullsh!t some scientist made up because he has no faith, and the big bang theory didn't make scence to him either! Rolling Eyes

LOL, My question is why are there still apes?? Only a few felt the need to evolve..LOL You show me the missing link and I'll show you 40,000,000,000,000 pissed off people...LOL Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://garage-inc.your-board.com/
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
avatar

Number of posts : 971
Age : 30
Localisation : PA
Registration date : 2006-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Evolution   Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:45 am

ericschevy wrote:
3P Kennels wrote:
It should not, with no question, be taught as fact. It is the most rediculous thing I've ever heard!

The only thing i can say about it is ..... if apes evoved into man naturally, than why aren't they STILL evolving?
because it a bunch of bullsh!t some scientist made up because he has no faith, and the big bang theory didn't make scence to him either! Rolling Eyes

LOL, My question is why are there still apes?? Only a few felt the need to evolve..LOL You show me the missing link and I'll show you 40,000,000,000,000 pissed off people...LOL Razz


LOL!!!!!!!!! lol! lol! Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
avatar

Number of posts : 1025
Age : 37
Localisation : Ohio
Registration date : 2006-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Evolution   Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:29 pm

LMAO!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
avatar

Number of posts : 1687
Age : 36
Localisation : Oshawa Ontario
Registration date : 2006-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Evolution   Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:08 am

Hmmmm Evolution...... I dont believe in it.... I will die before I believe that i evolved from a monkey.....
I hate monkeys.. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikado&Chalice
Top Pit
Top Pit
avatar

Number of posts : 618
Age : 49
Registration date : 2006-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Evolution   Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:10 am

Wow you guys surprise me. I didn't know you guys were all bible thumpers. I was hoping that we could have an good open minded dicussion on this topic but I guess not.

_________________
First they ignore me. Then they laugh at me. Then they fight me. Then I win. -Ghandi-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
avatar

Number of posts : 971
Age : 30
Localisation : PA
Registration date : 2006-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Evolution   Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:17 am

Mikado&Chalice wrote:
Wow you guys surprise me. I didn't know you guys were all bible thumpers. I was hoping that we could have an good open minded dicussion on this topic but I guess not.

I was laughing at what Eric said...What do you mean bible thumpers?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Evolution   

Back to top Go down
 
Evolution
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Evolution dog food (petsathome)
» Why Kangaroos Have Small Arms
» Some news of my agkistrodon...
» Green Mamba (Dendroaspis angusticeps) hatching
» Eristicophis macmahoni and Ophiophagus hannah (cb 2010)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pit Boss :: GENERAL TOPICS :: The Lounge-
Jump to: