The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The freaky sculpture has a name....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
chiropteragirl
Jr. Pup
Jr. Pup

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-03-18

The freaky sculpture has a name.... Empty
PostSubject: The freaky sculpture has a name....   The freaky sculpture has a name.... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 12:31 pm

The artist is Patricia Piccinini and the exibit is called "We Are Family" and the sculpture is called "The Young Family". The concept has to do with what could happen to humans if we keep pushing it with messing with genetics
The freaky sculpture has a name.... Wearef10

here is a link: http://www.patriciapiccinini.net/wearefamily/index.php
this one has more pics of different veiws:

http://www.roslynoxley9.com.au/artists/31/Patricia_Piccinini/249/

It will be in the Brooklyn Museum on the end of march. I must go see this in person!
I would love to have that on the front lawn! Beats the ol' pink flamingos, gnomes and Mary on the halfshell hands down!!!
Back to top Go down
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2006-11-08

PostSubject: Re: The freaky sculpture has a name....   The freaky sculpture has a name.... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 11:57 pm

OMG! Someone posted a ped on that thing a while ago! ....LMAO!!
Back to top Go down
chiropteragirl
Jr. Pup
Jr. Pup

PostSubject: I saw that...   The freaky sculpture has a name.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 1:32 am

as I was going through the pictures and saw that someone asked if anyone knew about it, so I thought I would post it again so it wouldn't get buried on the second page. She has some other interesting sculptures, "Still Life With Stemcells" is pretty wild too. I came across the sculpture in 2003 and have been a fan ever since.
Back to top Go down
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2006-11-09

PostSubject: Re: The freaky sculpture has a name....   The freaky sculpture has a name.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 9:52 pm

Stem Cells........ Hmmmm.. dont like where that would go..... Im Really pro life and dont agree with stem cell reserch......
Back to top Go down
Mikado&Chalice
Top Pit
Top Pit
Mikado&Chalice

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2006-11-30

PostSubject: Re: The freaky sculpture has a name....   The freaky sculpture has a name.... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2007 10:54 pm

I think I'll stick with gnomes and pink flamingos.
Back to top Go down
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2006-11-08

PostSubject: Re: The freaky sculpture has a name....   The freaky sculpture has a name.... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2007 3:19 am

Mikado&Chalice wrote:
I think I'll stick with gnomes and pink flamingos.

...LMAO!
Back to top Go down
chiropteragirl
Jr. Pup
Jr. Pup

PostSubject: Re: The freaky sculpture has a name....   The freaky sculpture has a name.... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2007 12:27 pm

Well , the whole point of "The Young Family" is to argues against messing with genetics or we could wind up looking like that creaure. As is the whole point of "Still Life With Stem Cells" it really doesn't have anything to do with stem cells per se, it is just the name of the sculpture. It is a little girl playing with these pet amoeba things I was playing about putting that on the lawn, it would scare the daylights out of the dogs. I give me the creeps if I look at it too long. But it is cute in a disturbing way.
The freaky sculpture has a name.... 01310
Back to top Go down
Xelleron
Top Pit
Top Pit
Xelleron

Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2006-12-22

PostSubject: Re: The freaky sculpture has a name....   The freaky sculpture has a name.... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 2:13 am

chiropteragirl wrote:
Well , the whole point of "The Young Family" is to argues against messing with genetics or we could wind up looking like that creaure. As is the whole point of "Still Life With Stem Cells" it really doesn't have anything to do with stem cells per se, it is just the name of the sculpture. It is a little girl playing with these pet amoeba things I was playing about putting that on the lawn, it would scare the daylights out of the dogs. I give me the creeps if I look at it too long. But it is cute in a disturbing way.
The freaky sculpture has a name.... 01310

Sheesh, she should forget about making freak sculptures like that and do those still life kids! Those kids playing a GBA looks almost lifelike in a way!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The freaky sculpture has a name....   The freaky sculpture has a name.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The freaky sculpture has a name....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pit Boss :: GENERAL TOPICS :: PICTURES-
Jump to: