The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Country or city

Go down 
+9
smokey_joe
wheezie wayne
schismatickennels
redogDave
Judy
Pantera2006
APBT4ME
LegendsMami
Oldfort
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Oldfort
Admin
Oldfort

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2006-11-08

Country or city Empty
PostSubject: Country or city   Country or city Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2006 11:16 am

Was wondering what kind of setting do you and your dogs live in? Do you live in the country or city and do you face any kind of pressure for owing these wonderful dogs?
Back to top Go down
https://thepitboss.editboard.com
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

Number of posts : 971

Country or city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Country or city   Country or city Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2006 11:21 am

I live in the suburbs. I get ugly looks but as long as no one says anything. I used to live in an area where everyone knew Legend! And they didnt mind having him around at all! I wish I lived in the country on my own couple of acres. So Legend and Gemmi could have alot of room to run around on! And maybe get a horse! lol
Back to top Go down
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

Number of posts : 1025

Country or city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Country or city   Country or city Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2006 2:24 pm

I'm kinda in the middle Rolling Eyes

I'm still in the city but there is lots of room between me and my neighbors. I'm on 5 acres.

I prefer to live in the country.
Back to top Go down
Oldfort
Admin
Oldfort

Country or city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Country or city   Country or city Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2006 8:08 pm

We live in the country and really out here no one bothers us.
Back to top Go down
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

Country or city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Country or city   Country or city Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2006 2:54 am

I think once I'm done Vet Tech school. I'll move out to the contryside! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2006-11-09

Country or city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Country or city   Country or city Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2006 3:55 am

I live in the city.. I get the same ol' ugly looks too!!! I wanna move to the country so i can let my dogs have a good run everyday and not worry about nosey people!!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Judy
Charter Member
Charter Member
Judy

Number of posts : 202

Country or city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Country or city   Country or city Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2006 10:13 am

I say city but it's more suburban I guess.
Back to top Go down
redogDave
Charter Member
Charter Member
redogDave

Number of posts : 54

Country or city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Country or city   Country or city Icon_minitimeFri Nov 10, 2006 10:58 am

We live justoutside of town in a typical lake community,hilly and winding roads with tons of open land and farms close by. alot of richsnooty people in my neighborhood but they dont mind my dogs at all. they are very popular pooches around here
Back to top Go down
http://www.gopitbull.com
redsky

Country or city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Country or city   Country or city Icon_minitimeFri Nov 10, 2006 7:45 pm

Oldfort wrote:
Was wondering what kind of setting do you and your dogs live in? Do you live in the country or city and do you face any kind of pressure for owing these wonderful dogs?

I started out in the country but I am now in the city, although my neighbors don't care for the breed (any breed for that matter) they look up to me for owning, training and showing my pits. Some of the ones that thought the media was all correct about the breed have come to realize as with most things you can't believe it!
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 799

Country or city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Country or city   Country or city Icon_minitimeSat Nov 11, 2006 5:56 am

redsky wrote:
Oldfort wrote:

I started out in the country but I am now in the city, although my neighbors don't care for the breed (any breed for that matter) they look up to me for owning, training and showing my pits. Some of the ones that thought the media was all correct about the breed have come to realize as with most things you can't believe it!

Well technically I live in the country on 5 acres, BUT the lines have changed and this has become city limits, go figure. I don't have any problems, because quite frankly I don't think anyone knows the dogs are out here. I've lived in the city though, and most people snarl their nose, and act stupid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.schismatickennels.com
wheezie wayne
Top Pit
Top Pit
wheezie wayne

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2006-11-11

Country or city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Country or city   Country or city Icon_minitimeSat Nov 11, 2006 7:24 am

i live in the subburbs, i get crazy looks all the time. my familys originally from WV so the hillbilly gene has kinda trickeled down to me Laughing i plan on buying 5 or so acers but around here thats about $1,500 an acre, im young ennough with nothing holding me back so im thinkin about moving oyt to WV with family.
Back to top Go down
Oldfort
Admin
Oldfort

Country or city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Country or city   Country or city Icon_minitimeSat Nov 11, 2006 8:55 am

dang I wish land was that cheap around here!! We paid $5000 an acre!

BUY IT NOW!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

Country or city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Country or city   Country or city Icon_minitimeSat Nov 11, 2006 9:14 am

heck yeah!!! Go for it Weezie What a Face
Back to top Go down
wheezie wayne
Top Pit
Top Pit
wheezie wayne

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2006-11-11

Country or city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Country or city   Country or city Icon_minitimeSat Nov 11, 2006 8:17 pm

5,000? dangggggggggg. i kno wyou have alot of acers but how maney is it again
Back to top Go down
Oldfort
Admin
Oldfort

Country or city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Country or city   Country or city Icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2006 1:35 am

5 acres. If I lived where you do i could have 15 for the same price just about. Seriously though, if you have 1500 buy just one acre. Land is the only thing they arent making more of!!!!!!!!!! Land will always go up, you will never lose money in land!
Back to top Go down
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

Country or city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Country or city   Country or city Icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2006 8:47 am

[quote="schismatickennels
Well technically I live in the country on 5 acres, BUT the lines have changed and this has become city limits, go figure. I don't have any problems, because quite frankly I don't think anyone knows the dogs are out here. I've lived in the city though, and most people snarl their nose, and act stupid.[/quote]

Thats how it is here. I'm on 5a but still in city limits. Its strange how it set up. All of my land is on one side of my house. My neighbors house is right next to mine, about 20ft away on the left side of mine and my 5a are on the other side confused Its wierd look'n. It goes back two a and over 3a.
Back to top Go down
redogDave
Charter Member
Charter Member
redogDave

Number of posts : 54

Country or city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Country or city   Country or city Icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2006 12:19 pm

wow ! Im gonna sell and move closer to you guys. 1/4 acre lots are 150,000 bucks in my hood and I have a half acre lot. My property taxes are 6000.00 a year affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.gopitbull.com
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Country or city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Country or city   Country or city Icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2006 12:43 pm

OMG!!!! That is crazy high!!!! Wow!! I couldnt do that, thats my rent for 6 months!! affraid
Back to top Go down
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

Country or city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Country or city   Country or city Icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2006 11:25 pm

Holy Sh**!! affraid $6 g's. You need to move to the US....lol Mine is only 1200 a year.

I only paid 1800 an acre. My house was originally only 2.5 acres but when they tore down the house on the other side of me, i bought the lot which was another 2.5 acres.
Back to top Go down
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

Country or city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Country or city   Country or city Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2006 12:10 am

MidwestBully wrote:
Holy Sh**!! affraid $6 g's. You need to move to the US....lol Mine is only 1200 a year.

I only paid 1800 an acre. My house was originally only 2.5 acres but when they tore down the house on the other side of me, i bought the lot which was another 2.5 acres.

I need to do that!!!!!
Back to top Go down
smokey_joe
mature pup
mature pup
smokey_joe

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2006-11-12

Country or city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Country or city   Country or city Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2006 1:59 am

I'm more in the country I guess. I live in a trailer, but none of the neighbors are "too" close, and I'm not too far away from anything. I live in the city limits, but I have plenty of room.
Back to top Go down
YJSONLY
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 43

Country or city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Country or city   Country or city Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2006 6:22 am

i live tn the country... as far as people messing with me about my dogs no problem they all family.
Back to top Go down
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Country or city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Country or city   Country or city Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2006 10:41 am

Wow!!! 1200 a year for rent?? MY god!! I pay $950 a month.... pale
Back to top Go down
Judy
Charter Member
Charter Member
Judy

Number of posts : 202

Country or city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Country or city   Country or city Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2006 10:09 am

redogDave wrote:
wow ! Im gonna sell and move closer to you guys. 1/4 acre lots are 150,000 bucks in my hood and I have a half acre lot. My property taxes are 6000.00 a year affraid

Thats about what houses are per 1/4 acre here. My property taxes are only 3000.00/yr though.
Back to top Go down
Anna @ Nikanas Pits
mature pup
mature pup
Anna @ Nikanas Pits

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2006-11-14

Country or city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Country or city   Country or city Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2006 6:52 am

We live in the city limits, but we have a large yard, almost an acre. We have gotten some crap about the dogs being pitty's, but it's amazing how many pitty lovers have come out of the wood work here since we had our pups advertised. We have made alot of new friends and we have educated alot of ppl. We have had the animal control called on us once, but thankfull the animal control officers here all know the true nature of pits, not to mention my hubby, Nick, knows them all and they know our dogs.

One time I took 2 pups to the park. The pups were crashed out on a park bench sleeping away. This lady asked me what breed they were. I told her APBT and she told me they were so sweet natured at that age!!!! I couldn't believe it. Then a different time we had a lady ask how we trained our pits to be so sweet!!! It amazes me how ppl can be so retarded. I'm sure we all have stories about niave ppl. LOL Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/nikanas
Sponsored content

Country or city Empty
PostSubject: Re: Country or city   Country or city Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Country or city
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next