The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

music video with red pit

Go down 
+4
trejos kennels
smokey_joe
Pantera2006
DumDog
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DumDog
mature pup
mature pup

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2007-02-04

music video with red pit Empty
PostSubject: music video with red pit   music video with red pit Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 8:35 pm

i love this dog man...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO4Usj3hHNc&mode=related&search=

by the way, the guy tells the dog "See you in the future.. if there is one" just before he turns him loose. its kinda hard to hear, so ... thought i'd say something here.
Back to top Go down
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2006-11-09

PostSubject: Re: music video with red pit   music video with red pit Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 10:33 pm

Ya that is one heck of a nice looking dog!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
smokey_joe
mature pup
mature pup
smokey_joe

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2006-11-12

PostSubject: Re: music video with red pit   music video with red pit Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 1:19 am

Did he put crack around the dog's neck?? "Stop 'the rock'?"
Back to top Go down
DumDog
mature pup
mature pup

PostSubject: Re: music video with red pit   music video with red pit Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 2:50 am

there is a video before this one, but you dont really get to find out what he put round the dog's neck. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHaNUFttgbc&mode=related&search=

no dog in that one, however.

i showed this to another dog forum and only one person replied about negative publicity. Rolling Eyes totally missed the point of the story.. how ELSE would you keep something away from someone other than letting a bulldog guard it?
Back to top Go down
DumDog
mature pup
mature pup

PostSubject: Re: music video with red pit   music video with red pit Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 3:24 am

it just occurred to me, are there any other good music videos with pits in them?
i found this one a little while - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-w8NrDguBs another red dog Very Happy
Back to top Go down
trejos kennels
Top Pit
Top Pit
trejos kennels

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2006-11-17

PostSubject: Re: music video with red pit   music video with red pit Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 3:45 am

that dog in the second video looked JUST JUST JUST like my red dog Chato
Back to top Go down
http://trejoskennels.bravehost.com
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 799

PostSubject: Re: music video with red pit   music video with red pit Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 7:49 pm

JMO....BUT Pit bulls are not meant to be human aggressive dogs, therefore when you put it in a public eye that a pit bull is a guard dog, etc. It puts off the negative image. I didn't watch the video, I have dial up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.schismatickennels.com
DumDog
mature pup
mature pup

PostSubject: Re: music video with red pit   music video with red pit Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2007 9:30 am

that's true and i agree, i know of a lot of people training pits to be guards and i disagree with it because they werent meant to be guardians against man.
my own bulldogs (American) are quite good at it, but they arent man aggressive unless there is a perceived threat. Cindi the stray pit bull greets everyone in a friendly manner, including cats and ducklings. i wouldnt trust anything in her care lol mostly because she'd just try to eat it.
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: music video with red pit   music video with red pit Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2007 8:11 pm

Personally I don't have a problem with a trained APBT for protection, BUT you've got these *bleeps* that wanna come in and train them for other things that lead to 99% of the accidents that happen with our breed. I think its no different than a rotweiler or a doberman doing the same thing because at one time, these dogs to were deemed as vicious.

Unfortunately, the public eye is where most of our problems lie. I'd just assume no one even touch my dogs, because in the long run if you don't respect them don't touch em. I enforce the same amount of respect for my dogs as I would my personal flesh and blood. If you don't like em don't come on my yard. I don't carry a pit around in public or BRAG that I have APBT's. Too many people taking these dogs to pet stores, and etc, letting everyone put their paws on them. Being a woman I think this pisses me off because of the lack of respect these dogs are given. I can show you pictures all day long of my dogs and my children, doesn't mean I have to subject them to being stared at or hearing the whispers, "OMG is that a pit bull?". Makes me want to scream "No ma'am, its not a breed, its a dog, and it breaths just like your precious ankle biting poodle does, but of course because it has a breed name, you'll hate it and treat it like crap".

I have a lack of disrespect for the public eye as you can see. I'll promote my dogs in a positive light, but they are what they are, and that's why I love the breed.
Back to top Go down
Bullygirl807
mature pup
mature pup
Bullygirl807

Number of posts : 134

PostSubject: Re: music video with red pit   music video with red pit Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2007 12:45 am

schismatickennels wrote:
Personally I don't have a problem with a trained APBT for protection, BUT you've got these *bleeps* that wanna come in and train them for other things that lead to 99% of the accidents that happen with our breed. I think its no different than a rotweiler or a doberman doing the same thing because at one time, these dogs to were deemed as vicious.

Unfortunately, the public eye is where most of our problems lie. I'd just assume no one even touch my dogs, because in the long run if you don't respect them don't touch em. I enforce the same amount of respect for my dogs as I would my personal flesh and blood. If you don't like em don't come on my yard. I don't carry a pit around in public or BRAG that I have APBT's. Too many people taking these dogs to pet stores, and etc, letting everyone put their paws on them. Being a woman I think this pisses me off because of the lack of respect these dogs are given. I can show you pictures all day long of my dogs and my children, doesn't mean I have to subject them to being stared at or hearing the whispers, "OMG is that a pit bull?". Makes me want to scream "No ma'am, its not a breed, its a dog, and it breaths just like your precious ankle biting poodle does, but of course because it has a breed name, you'll hate it and treat it like crap".

I have a lack of disrespect for the public eye as you can see. I'll promote my dogs in a positive light, but they are what they are, and that's why I love the breed.

My thoughts exactly. Then again, my dogs are for my enjoyment and my enjoyment only. They are not for public display. If you don't respect my dogs, then stay the heck off my property. I don't walk my dogs in public places and I only take them with me to select places. No matter what you tell the "average joe", most of the time it won't make a difference and thats fine as that's there opinion, just as it is mine to feed, raise and enjoy such a wonderful breed.
Back to top Go down
DumDog
mature pup
mature pup

PostSubject: Re: music video with red pit   music video with red pit Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 1:00 am

you guys pointed out a very important issue that most dont consider.
YES pit bulls are great with kids, if raised with them properly, but that doesnt mean they want a bunch of strange kids pawing at them in public. Well... maybe they do... Cindi would love it, but she is an attention hound. Kaydee would enjoy it too but she likes kids.. But its still not a good idea to subject these dogs to forced attention, even if they are good natured and friendly.
A pit bull's goal in life is to make you happy so he'll probably tolerate the patting and staring and attention for as long as you make him do it. they are capable of dealing with more than just pain after all.
But the people that go around parading their pits and bulldogs saying "SEE!! he isnt a monster!! look at him love the babies!! Here PET HIM!!" well.... why do that? there is nothing wrong with taking them out in public as long as you are in contol of them, but dont force them on people and dont let people force themselves on your dog. i prefer to see a well behaved, relaxed bully at the other end of the leash than one that is straining to drag himself to every Joe Shmoe he meets on the way just to get attention.
It really does boil down to respect, like you guys said. if people want to pet your dog then they should stop and ask YOU and then ask the DOG if he is ok with it. i can give people permission to pet Kaydee but that doesnt meat Kaydee will let them. There are some people that she just doesnt like and she has her own reasons. if Kaydee says no (posture, ear and tail set, or the look in her eyes) then i have to be the one to stop them. a lot of people cant read the body language on a dog.. even some dog owners cant, which is why the Dog Whisperer is so popular now.
I dont want this breed, or any breed, or any dog shown in a bad light. in another forum we were discussing people that are afraid of dogs and passing that fear on to their children. the children didnt experience anything bad with a dog. but dad or mom did so they arent letting their children near any canine no matter the breed.

But i'm with ya when you say if you dont like my dogs or cant respect them then dont come on my property or in my house. This is THEIR home, not yours. one of my aunts doesnt see it that way. she makes herself at home where ever she is. that almost got her face bitten off when she tried to bully Kaydee around when they first met. Kaydee wanted to make friends but my aunt did the direct eye contact thing and leaned towards Kaydee to make her go away... Well... All Kaydee saw then was a direct challenge in her home and in front of me(the alpha female) So Kaydee was ready to defend me. Stupid aunt.
Back to top Go down
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2006-11-08

PostSubject: Re: music video with red pit   music video with red pit Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 2:37 am

I love the fact I can take Legend wherever I want in public b/c he behaves himself and not being a jerk when he sees another dog. My family(ones who before wouldnt have ANY dog in their house) invites Legend to come over all the time. My aunt & uncle are notorious for trying to let Legend run and play with a BALL through their house. lol. I'm like oh no. Thats not allowed at home and it wont be allowed here!.. When I take him into Petco its because I want to(also to work on OB w/ distractio) and so he can pick out toys that I know he'll play with. We mind our business in there. He's not their to get played with if someone asks can they pet him. Yes but I make it quick. If they ask about the breed I have no problems telling them. Hearing from the owner and seeing a very well behaved APBT is unimaginable to people who believe media hype. And usually changes there minds from my experience.
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: music video with red pit   music video with red pit Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 4:11 am

Kiomi I understand your point but this is legend, how many dogs have you gotten rid of because of inappropriate behavior that you couldn't control. One dog does not make the whole pit bull population. I have very high drived dogs that are extremely people friendly. There are a couple of people on here who have been to my yard and they are respectful to my dogs and my dogs are the same. But I'll be damned if parade my pit around in public for everyone to have their attention on. Why bring attention to something that doesn't need anymore?

As far as my dogs being obediant, yep they are BUT you take them out of their habitat in a public setting and another dog goes after them, you cannot be 100% sure that the dog is not going to retaliate. I won't take that chance, I care about the breed to much. I will take my dogs in public for a show, or a pit bull convention but I won't display them in places they aren't welcome.

I dunno congrats to the fact that you can take a dog in public, congrats that you have ob training, and congrats to everything that you do with your dog. I have more than one, and not one temperment is the same, and I belive everyone will vouch and say the same.

I didn't mean for the post to sound like it was directly at you Kiomi and for that i do apologize. I just don't see what the big thrill in takin an animal that is pretty much shunned by most of the public out in that. I wouldn't take a child to a place where I know they were treated crappy, so I won't take my dogs to places like that either.
Back to top Go down
DumDog
mature pup
mature pup

PostSubject: Re: music video with red pit   music video with red pit Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 7:52 am

you both made good points. pit bulls are a breed, but they are still dogs and they're gonna act like dogs. when i mention that i have an American Bulldog that is enough to raise a few eyebrows around people, i dare not mention little Cindi to them. I actually kind of enjoy seeing people with their bulldogs(all types) out and about, as long as they are polite and behaving but that is because i absolutely love this breed and cant get enough of being around them. but i also understand the stigma that nation has against them.. well not the nation, but the whole world. there doesnt seem to be a middle ground for these dogs. they go from one extreme to the other, from cuddling baby bunnies and kittens to attacking strangers on the street for no reason. and people are the same with their feelings about them. you either love them to death or wish them dead. i have met very few people that didnt feel passionate in one way or the other. i know those people exist, i just havent met them yet. I like taking my dogs out because i enjoy their company, like going swimming, and i also enjoy the sense of security i get from them. but i dont like the nervous glances. We have taken Bo to Petsmart when we first got him, and also taken him to a dog show. everyone in pet smart loved him, and everyone at the dog show loved him (except for the toy dog breeders, they crossed the sidewalk lol) only one person had anything negative to say, and she only said it because another person asked if he was an Amstaff. No, he was just a 6 month old AB pup. this lady wasnt even part of the conversation. she just over heard it and pretty much told us if this was a REAL AKC sanctioned event we wouldnt have been allowed in the gates. Well... it WAS an real AKC event. the guards at the gate saw the dog, asked if we were showing or spectating, we said spectating so they directed us to the spectators parking lot. scratch maybe the guards didnt get the memo?
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: music video with red pit   music video with red pit Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 10:45 am

I think I have figured out why I may be amongst the ones that don't publicise my pits. I have 12. I am with them all day and all night. I visit others kennels, and they all have 10-20 pits. So I guess I'm just not use to seeing the public display. I love going to other kennels and seeing their dogs, and how they work, how they are taken care of etc.

Its not that my dogs aren't spoiled, BUT I do get to see 12 different dogs everyday so its not like I don't get enough exposure. lol
Back to top Go down
DumDog
mature pup
mature pup

PostSubject: Re: music video with red pit   music video with red pit Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 11:09 am

its fine to not want to take them out. i see your point totally for NOT wanting to, besides being exposed to them 24/7, but you're right when you say there is no need to force them on an unwilling public. As much as people try, they cant change this breed. these are gladiator dogs, and have been for centuries. even if people dumb them down to the level of an English bulldog (no offense to any EB owners) they will still show their bully nature. even EBs still have their instincts as gladiators.
However on the other hand, i like seeing dogs like Legend out in public showing how well behaved and trainable they REALLY are. Dogs like Legend show people that not all pits are maniacs straining at the ends of their leashes. that they can in fact be taught manners and be taken out into public.
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: music video with red pit   music video with red pit Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 7:54 pm

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Last edited by on Mon May 14, 2007 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DumDog
mature pup
mature pup

PostSubject: Re: music video with red pit   music video with red pit Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 12:17 am

the way i see it though, anyone taking their dog out in public poses a risk. not talking about going for a walk in the park or around the block. just like the two dogs in the pet store, that could have been any breed, or mix of breeds. it happens all the time. some dog owners dont think about those risks and liabilities. heck, most cant even read their own dog's body language to tell if he is uncomfortable with the situation. when mine go out in public and other dogs are around, i'm on alert.... i make sure not to effect my dogs with my awareness though. i dont tighten my leash, i dont get jittery, or back up, or speed up, or slow down. but i am very much aware of who and what is around me... but i'm always like that lol dog or no dog. i guess it comes from generations of law enforcement in my blood.
i think most people should take into consideration if they should bring their dog with them out into public. even if YOUR dog is a good boy, that guy over there might have a loaded weapon in the form of a golden retriever. that is where my concerns lie... just like with driving in heavy traffic. you might be a good driver, but the guy behind you isnt... and he's going to ram his car up your butt because he isnt paying attention.
Back to top Go down
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

PostSubject: Re: music video with red pit   music video with red pit Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 1:30 am

schismatickennels wrote:
Kiomi I understand your point but this is legend, how many dogs have you gotten rid of because of inappropriate behavior that you couldn't control. One dog does not make the whole pit bull population. I have very high drived dogs that are extremely people friendly. There are a couple of people on here who have been to my yard and they are respectful to my dogs and my dogs are the same. But I'll be damned if parade my pit around in public for everyone to have their attention on. Why bring attention to something that doesn't need anymore?

As far as my dogs being obediant, yep they are BUT you take them out of their habitat in a public setting and another dog goes after them, you cannot be 100% sure that the dog is not going to retaliate. I won't take that chance, I care about the breed to much. I will take my dogs in public for a show, or a pit bull convention but I won't display them in places they aren't welcome.

I dunno congrats to the fact that you can take a dog in public, congrats that you have ob training, and congrats to everything that you do with your dog. I have more than one, and not one temperment is the same, and I belive everyone will vouch and say the same.

I didn't mean for the post to sound like it was directly at you Kiomi and for that i do apologize. I just don't see what the big thrill in takin an animal that is pretty much shunned by most of the public out in that. I wouldn't take a child to a place where I know they were treated crappy, so I won't take my dogs to places like that either.

Okay Just first off would like to say I was adding my 2 cents it wasnt meant to be like LEGEND makes up the whole population of APBTs. I realize that. As far as your smart ass comment of me placing Gemyni and Tasha. 1 Tasha IS human Aggressive. I don't give 2 sh*ts what breed she is. I will not tolerate it. 2 Gemyni I took in who was abused. Yes I had the intentions of keeping her but MY home was not right for her for a number of reasons that I did not bring up on the forum. So I placed her with a home that is suited for her needs.

Now Legend is NOT the first dog or first APBT I could take out into a public setting and have no problems. I'm NOT parading my dog around like he's a freakshow! And if people who actually know what kind of breed he is see that there is at least one RESPONSIBLE APBT owner who has taken the time to train their dog. And that not all APBTs are menacing like the media portraits.

I don't have to worry about another dog attacking Legend. It will be maced(Direct Stop/dog mace) before it even gets to Legend. I will NOT let something like that happen.

Nowhere did I say I take my dog to places he's not allowed. Nowhere did I say I'll let someone treat him like crap. And yes I do know that not all of them have the same temperament. You don't have to be a genius to know that.

And yes your post was meant to sound sh*tty! It isnt the first time you've posted something sh*tty to me and I'm more then sure it wont be the last.

With all the sh*tty attitudes coming from other APBT owners I'm just about to say F it. And when people ask me what my dog is say he's another breed and keep like that. All APBTs owners want good PR for the breed but some/most of them shun the owners who are doing alot of the PR work.

The point of my first post was if more APBT owners took their dogs out to show the better side it might change peoples minds.
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: music video with red pit   music video with red pit Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 3:44 am

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Last edited by on Mon May 14, 2007 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

PostSubject: Re: music video with red pit   music video with red pit Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 8:44 am

schismatickennels wrote:
I think its great you can take Legend out, and he behaves himself. It's not going to sway 90% of the country that 1 dog makes up the whole population of dogs is the point I was trying to make.

Thats not what I said or was implying.
You didnt get the point I was trying to make.
Back to top Go down
wheezie wayne
Top Pit
Top Pit
wheezie wayne

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2006-11-11

PostSubject: Re: music video with red pit   music video with red pit Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 9:14 am

lol jesus tap dancing christ sometimes yall are to much lol. i had my lil 10 year old buddy on a bike in front of me while rico chased him while pulling me on my rollerblades ohh yeah in my neighborhood where there are lots of other dogs. was i woried no because i know my dog..do i know he can be DA , yes, but more importantly do i know i can control him, !!!!! straight. you shouldnt have a dog of any breed without proper ob IMO. it really is starting to piss me off when i see people say, well thats what these dogs were breed for thats what they do,as if thats an excuse not to take the time to control your dog. its one thing to have a game breed APBT knowing Exactly what that dogs job is.i dont get mad at the mail man for giving me mail and i dont get mad a a game breed dog acting like hes in the box at a pet store. but when its a watered down dog like nevada or gaf or some other show line that was last proven 6 gen ago its a whole nother ball park. it all comes down to the individual owner and dog. this post wasnet intended at anyone impaticular, every board im on has a dicusion similar to this and its been anoying me.
Back to top Go down
DumDog
mature pup
mature pup

PostSubject: Re: music video with red pit   music video with red pit Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 11:56 am

i can see why its annoying. i've seen similar discussions and i have the same opinion : if you cant control your dog, then dont own ANY dog - no matter the breed.

and if you insist on owning a dog you cant control, then dont be a dumb @$$ and bring it out in public. that's about as safe as running scissors.
i still say love to see a well behaved bully in public.. not just pits, but any bully. but... i know about their history and breeding. i can appreciate them for what they are. Besides..... if you know the history of pit dogs from eons ago you know that were supposed to be handler friendly. the media and story books want to make them out to be wild eyed vicious wolverine dogs, but they werent supposed to be. the pit bull's job was to make his master happy. and if that happiness meant ripping another dog to shreds then that was what he must do. But that is still the nature of ALL DOGS. to make the master happy. Fetch the Bird, Guard the House, Kiss the baby, Chase away varmints... what ever. People should be able to take their dog out in public, but ONLY if that dog can be controlled. it doesnt have anything to do with blood lines or genetics or the media hype. it has more to do with how the dog reflects the owner and how much time is spent with it. many pit dogs seized by the police and sent to shelters to be PTS are very sweet natured and loving to the workers there. it seems almost a crime to have to kill them... but those dogs can never be near another dog, or something they think is weaker than themselves.
Back to top Go down
trejos kennels
Top Pit
Top Pit
trejos kennels

Number of posts : 650

PostSubject: Re: music video with red pit   music video with red pit Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 6:08 pm

i take all of ym dogs in public and they are fine with exception of one of them that I know is aggressive, also more then one of them has been trained in therapy and have actually visited nursing homes.. also I have had 2 pups that I know of go to a home with a war vet and have been trained and her handicapp assistance dogs (or are being trained)....Congrats Kiomi that you have also had good luck ith your dogs I am so glad that mine are able to go in public, and also so proud that I live in a community of people that 75% of them either like or dont judge the breed... and I can truley say that me taking my dg to the park has actually changed peoples mind about the breed that otherwise would have thought negativley about them.. and I am proud of myself and my dogs for that.. so I will continue to take them out to show a positive side of them to the public... Smile
Back to top Go down
http://trejoskennels.bravehost.com
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

PostSubject: Re: music video with red pit   music video with red pit Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2007 6:43 am

trejos kennels wrote:
i take all of ym dogs in public and they are fine with exception of one of them that I know is aggressive, also more then one of them has been trained in therapy and have actually visited nursing homes.. also I have had 2 pups that I know of go to a home with a war vet and have been trained and her handicapp assistance dogs (or are being trained)....Congrats Kiomi that you have also had good luck ith your dogs I am so glad that mine are able to go in public, and also so proud that I live in a community of people that 75% of them either like or dont judge the breed... and I can truley say that me taking my dg to the park has actually changed peoples mind about the breed that otherwise would have thought negativley about them.. and I am proud of myself and my dogs for that.. so I will continue to take them out to show a positive side of them to the public... Smile

Exactly. You do therapy work and S&R with your dogs right Brandi? I want to train Legend in S&R and/or Therapy work. But i'm not sure if he's going to make the cut or not though. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: music video with red pit   music video with red pit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

music video with red pit
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next