The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Just got back from the vets.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mikado&Chalice
Top Pit
Top Pit
Mikado&Chalice

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2006-11-30

Just got back from the vets. Empty
PostSubject: Just got back from the vets.   Just got back from the vets. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 7:11 am

I had a complete blood work done on Mikado toady. I knew he wasn't well he bloats up and smells like old urine. Well the results of the test is he has the start of kidney failure. He is on two different holistic supplements. I will have him on this for about 4mons. then I will have another blood test done to see if there is any improvements. I also got some holistic anxiety meds for him. I hope that this helps.
Back to top Go down
buzhunter
Admin
buzhunter

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2007-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from the vets.   Just got back from the vets. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 4:37 am

Wow, Sharon. I really hate to hear that. How old is he? We will be thinking about you guys. Best of luck.
Back to top Go down
Mikado&Chalice
Top Pit
Top Pit
Mikado&Chalice

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from the vets.   Just got back from the vets. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 6:36 am

He turned 5 in Sept. When he was young he had siezures and was diagnosed with a week heart. The same vet that saw him yesterday told me he might not live past age three. I never had the money to take him to the University to see if they could help him. I guess I have lived with the thought that I have given him the best life I can give. Since I got him at age 3mos he has known nothing but kindness. I hope the meds will help him.
Back to top Go down
sw_df27
Jr. Pup
Jr. Pup
sw_df27

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2007-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from the vets.   Just got back from the vets. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 3:44 am

oh man sorry I had no idea I will send good thoughts your way I hope the meds work!!!
Back to top Go down
wheezie wayne
Top Pit
Top Pit
wheezie wayne

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2006-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from the vets.   Just got back from the vets. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 5:07 am

i am so sorry to hear about mikado, i hope the meds help!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Mikado&Chalice
Top Pit
Top Pit
Mikado&Chalice

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from the vets.   Just got back from the vets. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 3:26 am

I'm not seeing any improvements in his health. I love my boy I have him a good all natural diet. I did do raw for a while but it was getting hard to feed him the right amount as he was loosing weight. He went from around 55# down to 45# in a matter of days. Not good so I bought him a all oragnic food made right here in Northern Minnesota. He has not lost any more weight but he still will bloat and the smell has come back. I'm going to take him back to the vet in two weeks and see if there is something more I can do for my guy. Thanks for all the good thoughts.
Back to top Go down
sw_df27
Jr. Pup
Jr. Pup
sw_df27

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2007-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from the vets.   Just got back from the vets. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 3:27 am

oh man that sucks please keep us informed!
Back to top Go down
MidnightSkyKnl
mature pup
mature pup
MidnightSkyKnl

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2007-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from the vets.   Just got back from the vets. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 8:49 am

The best of luck you are in my prayers hope everything works out for the better.
Back to top Go down
http://www.midnightskykennels.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from the vets.   Just got back from the vets. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just got back from the vets.
Page 1 of 1