The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What other activities?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mikado&Chalice
Top Pit
Top Pit
Mikado&Chalice

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2006-11-30

What other activities? Empty
PostSubject: What other activities?   What other activities? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 7:03 am

I was wondering if any of you have ever thought of doing different activities with your dogs.

I want to do tracking with chalice. We started but it got to cold to be outside for long in the next week it is suppose to warm up and we can start up again.

The dog club I belong to is offering a class called Freestlye. It is basically danicing with your dog. I'm thinking of doing it in class with DaVinci and then working with Chalice at home. She loves music and really get happy when I dance.

In the summer when it is warmer we will start working on dock jumping again. This is short lived up here but it is alot of fun.

So what does everyone think of these activities.A nd have you thought of doing anything different with your dogs?
Back to top Go down
buzhunter
Admin
buzhunter

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2007-10-14

PostSubject: Re: What other activities?   What other activities? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 8:25 pm

I think whatever you would enjoy with your dogs should definitely be explored. I personally couldn't dance to save my life lol. The dock jumping is something I have always been interested in but Courage always finds a low bank to enter the water. We have never tried a dock but I bet I could get her to do it. She has impressed more than a few with her swimming speed and will retreive anything. If I can throw it, she will bring it back. Have you ever seen a bulldog compete in this sport? I know those labs do very well.
Back to top Go down
Mikado&Chalice
Top Pit
Top Pit
Mikado&Chalice

PostSubject: Re: What other activities?   What other activities? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 9:16 pm

I did see on David Letterman a pitbull cross do this he was good and in a dog fancy mag they showed a picture of a pit dock jumping. I think it will be fun with all these lakes I should be-able to find a stupid dock to use. lol
Back to top Go down
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2006-12-05

PostSubject: Re: What other activities?   What other activities? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 8:24 am

Well, We did some biking, swimming and more recently dead weight pulling..I think we may try some dock jumping again this summer..
Back to top Go down
http://garage-inc.your-board.com/
Mikado&Chalice
Top Pit
Top Pit
Mikado&Chalice

PostSubject: Re: What other activities?   What other activities? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 11:52 am

Have you guys ever seen lure coursing. That looks like a lot of fun. I'm oing to ask my cousin if he will make me the little generated machine. He is really handy that way. I thought I would go see him this spring. All you need is a big field the machine and lne and plastic bags. I think Chalice would love it. I will posta video of it tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What other activities?   What other activities? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What other activities?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pit Boss :: GENERAL TOPICS-
Jump to: