The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Male or Female?

Go down 
+5
trejos kennels
schismatickennels
Oldfort
Pantera2006
LegendsMami
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2006-11-08

Male or Female? Empty
PostSubject: Male or Female?   Male or Female? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 5:05 am

I have a question do you guys prefer a male dog or a female dog?

I really starting to think I prefer males! lol. Tasha was a nasty girl at times and Gemyni OMG! she's so rough. I have to take my camera to the park tomorrow when I take Legend and Gem so I can get video so I can show you guys. And she can be a nasty girl at times too! The only dog that I've ever owned that was a female that wasnt so b!t@chy was when I lived with my dad and her name was Matilda.
Males from what I've seen seem to be more cuddly and don't try and test their luck as much w/ there owners. Legend is my second shadow does whatever I tell him too!
Back to top Go down
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2006-11-09

Male or Female? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Male or Female?   Male or Female? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 5:22 am

Yep!!! I totally agree there with ya!!! Pantera is a little B-I-T-c..... lol, She can be just as mean as anything.....
Back to top Go down
Oldfort
Admin
Oldfort

Number of posts : 688

Male or Female? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Male or Female?   Male or Female? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 6:17 am

If you are just having a pet a nueterd male is the easiest. Same with horses!
Back to top Go down
https://thepitboss.editboard.com
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Male or Female? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Male or Female?   Male or Female? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 6:31 am

Awwwww iwant a horse!!! Neutral
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 799

Male or Female? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Male or Female?   Male or Female? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 6:32 am

oh uhm.... males tend to be more docile, but i can't choose lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.schismatickennels.com
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

Male or Female? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Male or Female?   Male or Female? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 6:52 am

Pantera2006 wrote:
Awwwww iwant a horse!!! Neutral

Me too! I'll get one as soon as I move out to the country!
Back to top Go down
Oldfort
Admin
Oldfort

Male or Female? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Male or Female?   Male or Female? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 6:54 am

Ive been shoeing horses all DAY...I dont want to see another horse for awhile!
Back to top Go down
trejos kennels
Top Pit
Top Pit
trejos kennels

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2006-11-17

Male or Female? Empty
PostSubject: love my boys but....   Male or Female? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 6:54 am

I love my boys but a certian female had my heart ... in my experience females have always been easier to train and housebreak.. but it mau just be the females I have.... I dont know but I really love my males but if I had to get rid of every dog in my yard I would keep my female tequill she is spayed and has been housebroken since day one I ena NEVER NEVER NEVER even when she was a puppy did she have a accident #1 or #2 NEVER had to be crated never chewed on anything.. never tore anything up.... and she is soooo smart she can open doors, refrigerator, she can take things to the trash for me, she understands adn identifies 12 different toys and when I ask for them she will bring them to me... she is the absolute BEST doggy in the world..she is my baby
Back to top Go down
http://trejoskennels.bravehost.com
Oldfort
Admin
Oldfort

Male or Female? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Male or Female?   Male or Female? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 6:56 am

Thats cool man, thats kind of the way my girl Rock is. Ive had her 10years and I swear she understands English! Smartest dog I ever owned!
Back to top Go down
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Male or Female? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Male or Female?   Male or Female? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 7:03 am

Wow!!! she sounds great!!! Lucky you!!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
bullybab

Male or Female? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Male or Female?   Male or Female? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 7:12 am

Oldfort wrote:
Thats cool man, thats kind of the way my girl Rock is. Ive had her 10years and I swear she understands English! Smartest dog I ever owned!

sometimes I think Luke understands English too, jsut the way he looks at me... anyway the next one I am getting will probably be male and he will be nuetered!
Back to top Go down
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

Number of posts : 1025

Male or Female? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Male or Female?   Male or Female? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 2:52 pm

Its hard to say. I would probably say male.

Hemi is the same way. He's such a teddy bear I love you .... but on the other hand Raven runs around the house being the little trouble making b**** she has always been....lol
She gets Hemi in so much trouble. Its almost like she sets him up ...lol She also doesn't think she's not a dog, i honestly believe she thinks she's human. She won't sleep on the floor not even on a blanket or pillow. It has to be on the couch with pillows or she'll go and find some to lay on (on the couch not the floor..lol). She is extemely picky on the way she eats her food, it has to be exactly 1/4 cup of warm not hot, but warm water on her food or she'll give you this discusted look turn her nose and walk away:roll: SHe's a spoiled rotten trouble start'n b****! ...but i just love her to pieces and wouldn't change anything about her Razz
Back to top Go down
redsky

Male or Female? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Male or Female?   Male or Female? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 5:18 pm

I personally like females better because they tend to be the alpha and more protective. I am also a very tempermental person so I like my dogs that way to lol. Although I do not condone dog fighting, human aggression etc I do like to know my dogs have attitude for the drive and plus I take at least one of my dogs every where I go and I have to know if I need to be protected they will do so with every fiber in their body. I also think all mine understand english and speak back lol. Sierra is so funny she talks with her eyes.

I don't like being licked and she almost did it one day while i was sleep and my hand was in motion she has never licked me since even when I ask but the day she did so well in MI i begged for a kiss she was like nope un un. Well she finally gave me a kiss yesterday lol like look cry baby take this and leave me alone lol.
Back to top Go down
redsky

Male or Female? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Male or Female?   Male or Female? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 5:20 pm

trejos kennels wrote:
I love my boys but a certian female had my heart ... in my experience females have always been easier to train and housebreak.. but it mau just be the females I have.... I dont know but I really love my males but if I had to get rid of every dog in my yard I would keep my female tequill she is spayed and has been housebroken since day one I ena NEVER NEVER NEVER even when she was a puppy did she have a accident #1 or #2 NEVER had to be crated never chewed on anything.. never tore anything up.... and she is soooo smart she can open doors, refrigerator, she can take things to the trash for me, she understands adn identifies 12 different toys and when I ask for them she will bring them to me... she is the absolute BEST doggy in the world..she is my baby

I have to agree. My girls have always been easier to train on everything but Midas is proving me wrong there. He was already house trained when i got him at 9 weeks old and has been a great lil dog beside eating my poney tail holders :-(. He actually swolled one and got really sick so now I have to be mindful of where they all are and I have a zillion of them sighh.
Back to top Go down
American

Male or Female? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Male or Female?   Male or Female? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2006 5:12 am

Your not the only one thats tempermental, I can be that way as well redsky, and I also like my dogs that way a little bit. I mean, I DONT tolerate fighting between them or anyone that does fight...but I like it when someone comes to the door, because I know that If anyone ever got in the house that wasnt suposed to be here, they either better beable to run real fast or have real good insurance..lol Chopper will let people pet him all day, but if you cross the line your ass is his...lol Bones doesnt let anyone other then my husband, son and myself pet him, for some reason he never really took up to other people, he was even socialized with everything. He is quit the hugger though, loves to give his mom some hugs...lol Babu is iffy he doesnt really care for men, but has taken up to my son and husband real well. He wasnt treated very well as a pup, was used as a bait dog....but he was rescued!

I swear Medusa is the worlds friendlest pitbull, Sometimes I wonder if thats a good thing scratch Laughing Legend asked a real good question....I guess if I had to chose it would be males....But I do find females to be more easy to train.
Back to top Go down
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

Male or Female? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Male or Female?   Male or Female? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2006 7:04 am

AmericanPitbull wrote:
but I like it when someone comes to the door, because I know that If anyone ever got in the house that wasnt suposed to be here, they either better beable to run real fast or have real good insurance..lol
I swear Medusa is the worlds friendlest pitbull, Sometimes I wonder if thats a good thing scratch Laughing Legend asked a real good question....I guess if I had to chose it would be males....But I do find females to be more easy to train.

LOL. Thats the same here. If my little Pirana(sp) (Gemyni) doesnt get to you first. Legend likes to sneak up from out of nowhere and scare people! And he gets crazy when he's in his crate and someone he doesnt know comes in! He rams the door on his crate. I used to think oh god if someone was to break in. He'd probably would lick them to death! lol. But he's showing otherwise now.

I found it way more easy to train Legend then Gemyni. But then again Legend's a momma's boy! lol.
Back to top Go down
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Male or Female? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Male or Female?   Male or Female? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2006 8:39 am

Hahahaha That is so true!!! Its Pantera that is always at the door freaking people out... hehe I nnever really thought about that...Pantera is a bitch.... Oppppps sorry OFK... Neutral
Back to top Go down
smokey_joe
mature pup
mature pup
smokey_joe

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2006-11-12

Male or Female? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Male or Female?   Male or Female? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2006 9:44 am

I like to have a male and a female. (Not the situation right now, but hey, we can't have everything we want.) I think females are smarter. (Just my opinion.) The females I've had have always been easier to train. But, males are ladies men, and they seem to be a little more lovable to me. Also, my females tend to listen to Joe more than me and kind of test me a little bit. Males don't do that, they just do what I say. Females tend to be dominent, and having two in the house is enough to drive anyone CRAZY!!!! So, my ideal situation would be to have a male and a female for companionship without so much of the worry of dog agression (it'll always be there a little bit). But, if I had to choose one, just one, then it would probably be....
FEMALE!!
Back to top Go down
bradthepit
Jr. Pup
Jr. Pup
bradthepit

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2006-11-11

Male or Female? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Male or Female?   Male or Female? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2006 12:52 am

[quote]LegendsMamiI really starting to think I prefer males!

Thank god for that! I`m a good male honest babe! Lol!
Back to top Go down
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

Male or Female? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Male or Female?   Male or Female? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2006 1:10 am

[quote="bradthepit"]
Quote :
LegendsMamiI really starting to think I prefer males!

Lmao! Razz Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bradthepit
Jr. Pup
Jr. Pup
bradthepit

Male or Female? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Male or Female?   Male or Female? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2006 2:13 am

That photo of you on your avater just sent a shiver down my spine! poxy smilies won`t work for me on here.

That was for Legend btw.

If you keep putting up nice pics like that, i`m off to the travel agents soon to book my flight ticket to PA...lol!
Back to top Go down
bullybab

Male or Female? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Male or Female?   Male or Female? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2006 5:08 am

[quote="LegendsMami"]
bradthepit wrote:
Quote :
LegendsMamiI really starting to think I prefer males!

Lmao! Razz Very Happy

awwwww!!!! brad so sweet!
Back to top Go down
bradthepit
Jr. Pup
Jr. Pup
bradthepit

Male or Female? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Male or Female?   Male or Female? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2006 5:40 am

Crikey, Luke looks just like Boss!

http://s15.invisionfree.com/United_British/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=3175119
Back to top Go down
bullybab

Male or Female? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Male or Female?   Male or Female? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2006 5:41 am

WOW! they do!!!!
Back to top Go down
bradthepit
Jr. Pup
Jr. Pup
bradthepit

Male or Female? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Male or Female?   Male or Female? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2006 5:43 am

You got more pics of him? How old is he? Weight, height etc? cheers steve
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Male or Female? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Male or Female?   Male or Female? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Male or Female?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next