The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How everyone got Pit Bulls?

Go down 
+3
Pantera2006
LegendsMami
APBT4ME
7 posters
AuthorMessage
American

How everyone got Pit Bulls? Empty
PostSubject: How everyone got Pit Bulls?   How everyone got Pit Bulls? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2006 12:58 am

I was just wondering what made every member on here decide that they wanted a Pit Bull? What made you want to start a kennel?

For me, it was seeing Chopper cuddled up against his brothers and sisters....I knew that I wanted him from the start, his eyes werent open yet but he looked the best out of all of them......and I know that when his eyes opened and he was able to walk around real good, he was just full of fire. Now that he is 2 years old I know that I made a good choice, he's strong, powerfull, Smart and really good with everyone!

What made me want to start a kennel, is 1. I love the Pit bull breed, to me there isnt none better. 2. I really like seeing a dog work, weither its wp or show or agility.....3. I just love being around Pit Bulls, and those puppies are absolutely gorgeous Smile
Back to top Go down
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2006-11-08

PostSubject: Re: How everyone got Pit Bulls?   How everyone got Pit Bulls? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2006 1:11 am

I had one as a child growing up. Although my father took a diferant route with Bull Mastiffs, I stuck APBTs I've always had one and always will.
Back to top Go down
American

PostSubject: Re: How everyone got Pit Bulls?   How everyone got Pit Bulls? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2006 1:12 am

What made you decide that you wanted to start a kennel midwest??
Back to top Go down
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

Number of posts : 1025

PostSubject: Re: How everyone got Pit Bulls?   How everyone got Pit Bulls? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2006 1:26 am

The idea first started about 3 years ago at my brothers house. He hunts deer/hogs and his dogs (APBTs) haul the deer home, on a sled of course. Watching those dogs work was simply awesome. They love it soo much, that when he grabs hid hunting gear and their harnesses, they go crazy!

Then you look at how far down the toilet the working ability of the APBT is going, and its a shame! There are lots of people who want a good working dog and can't find any. You find way more show dogs than working dog dogs. People are breeding the working ability right of a working breed. Nobody really pays attention to it anymore, and that, besides temperment, is one of the most import trait of this breed. Wich is why i decided to make my kennel a working kennel.
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: How everyone got Pit Bulls?   How everyone got Pit Bulls? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2006 2:18 am

I grew up with them to (along with several other breeds and even some mixes along the way). Pits just stuck to me for one because they remind me of myself (You ever heard that your dog looks and acts like you?). Man if yall could have met Moka you would know what I mean lol. I actually hadn't planned to ever breed but then I found that I really liked it after having to deliver a litter of a bitch they were gonna leave in the cold to have pups in early feb. My husband thought I was nuts cause I didn't know this dog from a hole in the wall but I could see in her eyes she needed me. Man after that I was just hooked, I later decided I wanted to wp and then went on to conformation so now I breed for more of a reason then to create my own bloodline (which was my original reason). I did sit on several litters even before delivering the litter of the bitch that was gonna be in the cold and even helped deliver the litter of a rottie (which I don't like to mess with but my friend needed help) that was the first bad experience I had ever had but very glad I got to be there. She lost every pup but one and then that one died at six months old so if you feel your gonna lose em let em go early it hurts less!! Nature will eventually take it's course rather we want it to or not. You have to be able to handle the good and the bad and being there for that litter showed me how strong you have to be to be a breeder! Some can't handle it my friend couldn't she broke down and has not bred any of her dogs since!! The bad thing is she thinks both the dad and brother got hold to her female which could be why they all died (inbreeding) but she also had taken her to a stud and hoped that the one pup that made it was off of him, can you say DNA. Keep all things in mind when breeding all.
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: How everyone got Pit Bulls?   How everyone got Pit Bulls? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2006 2:20 am

BTW just about my entire family has pits (i'm the only breeder) but not only that but my inlaws also are pit crazy lol (lots of breeders on that side) some I can't stand methods and others are pretty good.
Back to top Go down
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

Number of posts : 971

PostSubject: Re: How everyone got Pit Bulls?   How everyone got Pit Bulls? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2006 8:29 am

I grew up with them. My dad has always had one or two or more since he was about 18 years old. He's now 50. The dog that really sparkled my interested out of all of them was Bruno.(His eyes are green not red)
How everyone got Pit Bulls? Brunoandhisbonecrop
He is the best dog. Always listens as if he knows what your talking about. Legend and Bruno have so much in common personality wise!
Back to top Go down
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2006-11-09

PostSubject: Re: How everyone got Pit Bulls?   How everyone got Pit Bulls? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2006 9:52 am

Hahahha Harley was supposed to be a Lab... hahaha really... I heard that a lady had pitbull labs, so i went to check it out and 2 huge pits come running to the door, So i asked if they were purebred and she said ya, and that she didnt have the money for the paps, I told her that i didnt want paps nor do i care for them, She did show me the dads pedigree. And at the time i was like "oh yea" Neutral I didnt know a thing... She had pics of Harleys gramma winning "Best of show, and she had all sorts of throphies... His parents ears were done too.. They were really nice looking dogs... Thats my pit story....
Back to top Go down
TheGingerBreadman
mature pup
mature pup
TheGingerBreadman

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2006-12-05

PostSubject: Re: How everyone got Pit Bulls?   How everyone got Pit Bulls? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 24, 2006 11:08 am

I wouldnt have any other breed anyways but my brother got locked up and now pressure is mine
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: How everyone got Pit Bulls?   How everyone got Pit Bulls? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 24, 2006 7:17 pm

LegendsMami wrote:
I grew up with them. My dad has always had one or two or more since he was about 18 years old. He's now 50. The dog that really sparkled my interested out of all of them was Bruno.(His eyes are green not red)
How everyone got Pit Bulls? Brunoandhisbonecrop
He is the best dog. Always listens as if he knows what your talking about. Legend and Bruno have so much in common personality wise!

Omg that looks like my Moka!!!! Ok i'm bout to cry. Here is my Moka:

How everyone got Pit Bulls? Fundayforthedogs12-1-05003
Back to top Go down
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

PostSubject: Re: How everyone got Pit Bulls?   How everyone got Pit Bulls? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 25, 2006 2:46 am

OMG!!!! They look soooo much alike almost like twins!
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: How everyone got Pit Bulls?   How everyone got Pit Bulls? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 25, 2006 3:06 am

Yea they do makes you wonder if they are related somewhere along the line lol.
Back to top Go down
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

PostSubject: Re: How everyone got Pit Bulls?   How everyone got Pit Bulls? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 25, 2006 3:50 am

Maybe could be. lol. I dont know Bruno's bloodline though. (Me and my dad dont speak. Or very rarely. I only go over to his house to spend time w/ my little sisters.<<But thats whole other story! LOL)
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: How everyone got Pit Bulls?   How everyone got Pit Bulls? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 25, 2006 8:03 am

Well i don't speak to my dad either but that's where I get my love for animals from lol. Last time I saw him he told me yea your a hard a** just like me. He's a military vet and most of the fam is to so I guess being closed off and hard is a part of all of us even with me never going into the military. My mom is totally different very emotional (major drama queen at times) I love my family with the exception of my dad but man sometimes it's like watching some mess on tv and I just laugh.
Back to top Go down
segerspits
Ankle Biter
Ankle Biter

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2006-12-22

PostSubject: Re: How everyone got Pit Bulls?   How everyone got Pit Bulls? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 25, 2006 12:06 pm

i have always had a love for the pitbull breed, my brother had one when i was growing up. one day we went to visit one of my wifes friends from work that had pits and we fell in love with one of his males he had off of his litter. It took us 3 months of begging for him to sell Cody to us but we finally talked him into it. And from that point on it was like there was no other breeds of dogs out there. He made us a true pit loving family
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/segerspits
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 799

PostSubject: Re: How everyone got Pit Bulls?   How everyone got Pit Bulls? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 25, 2006 8:49 pm

Ok well i waited till I had absolutely nothing to do to write out my pit bull story. lol

I use to live in TX, had a boxer, and my ex husbands mother had a Pit/Catahoula Mix, which had a great temperment and I loved. But the neighbors down the road had this beautiful blue pit female. She stayed out on the chain all the time and when you would walk by her, she would literally act like she was going to kill you. I was walking by and noticed the guy knockin the crap out of the dog for jumpin up on him, and callin her some really bad names. So I got pissed and told him he basically treated the dog like crap. He told me to take the bitch and do what I wanted with her. So he undid her chain, which mind you weighed about as much as I did with SUPER locks on the chain holding her on. I grabbed her chain carried her to the house, gave her some food, and she was just the biggest baby. That was about 4 or 5 years ago.

Well I loved the breed so I bought a lil white pup unregistered in a parking lot at walmart for 80 bucks. When we moved from TX I had to give up my dogs, so I gave them to a guy that had a 20 acre farm. According to my ex the last time I spoke with him, they were all doing really well, and blue was in love with his youngest daughter.

Long story short I guess, I moved back to TN, and me and Jer got our first pit last Oct. So that's how the story goes. lol Not much for entertainment, I haven't owned them all my life, but my god I've owned every stinkin dog breed out there. Honestly, I really can't say "oh well they are my absolute favorite" If I had 20 acres I'd take every stray dog out there and give them a home until I found them a good one. I just love dogs in general.
Back to top Go down
http://www.schismatickennels.com
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2006-12-05

PostSubject: Re: How everyone got Pit Bulls?   How everyone got Pit Bulls? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2006 7:25 am

Well, I had grown up around them, knew several people with them. I had the opportunity to get some real nice ones but I was still a kid and my dad would not let me have one as long as I lived with him But I did have a boxer mix of my own and when I had to put him down I started to check the shelter 2 or 3 times a week for the last 5 years for a pit bull because I have always wanted one and now I could have one. After about three months of checking I found Zues at 10 weeks old and then continued to wait for another. I found Rocky about 6 months ago he was about 12 weeks old and that pretty much sums it up....
Back to top Go down
http://garage-inc.your-board.com/
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Number of posts : 1687

PostSubject: Re: How everyone got Pit Bulls?   How everyone got Pit Bulls? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2006 10:14 am

LOL Great stories guys!!!!! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How everyone got Pit Bulls?   How everyone got Pit Bulls? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How everyone got Pit Bulls?
Page 1 of 1