The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2 license or not 2 license?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2006-11-08

2 license or not 2 license? Empty
PostSubject: 2 license or not 2 license?   2 license or not 2 license? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2007 7:34 am

I just got Legend and Gemyni's licenses for this year. Not sure If I'm required by the county to or not. But do it anyway just in case(a couple of people who let there dogs off leash. They look similiar to Legend and you know where that will go affraid) But do you guys register your dogs? If so do you think they will start targeting areas with registered APBT's to start BSL? I'm know wondering if I should have registered then as Terrier Mix's or Mixes?

Last edited by on Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2006-11-09

PostSubject: Re: 2 license or not 2 license?   2 license or not 2 license? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2007 7:35 am

Ya i think its a great idea.... I have to with my dogs, But i usually do anyway.....
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: 2 license or not 2 license?   2 license or not 2 license? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2007 7:37 am

LegendsMami wrote:
I just got Legend and Gemyni's licenses for this year. Not sure If I'm required by the county to or not. But do it anyway just in case(a couple of people who let there dogs off leash. They look similiar to Legend and you know where that will go affraid) But do you guys register your dogs? If so do you think they will start targeting areas with registered APBT's to start BSL? I'm not wndering if I should have registered then as Terrier Mix's or Mixes/

What do you mean register? Ours are put in the system here when we do rabies so other then that no!
Back to top Go down
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2006-12-05

PostSubject: Re: 2 license or not 2 license?   2 license or not 2 license? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2007 7:39 am

I do, fortunately Pit bulls are not a problem around here.....
Back to top Go down
http://garage-inc.your-board.com/
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

PostSubject: Re: 2 license or not 2 license?   2 license or not 2 license? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2007 7:40 am

Dog license I meant. I get these tags that has my county on it with Leggie and Gemmi's license numbers on them. I also have one w/ there rabies tag but I go to a vet outside of PA(not far about 15 minutes away....If I'm driving. lol) so I don't know if its automatically entered that way. I'm not used to PA rules.
Back to top Go down
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

PostSubject: Re: 2 license or not 2 license?   2 license or not 2 license? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2007 7:40 am

People thik here that they are.... Crying or Very sad Not fair...[strike]
Back to top Go down
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

PostSubject: Re: 2 license or not 2 license?   2 license or not 2 license? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2007 7:45 am

Thats gotta suk........
Back to top Go down
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

PostSubject: Re: 2 license or not 2 license?   2 license or not 2 license? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2007 7:51 am

Ya it does.............. Sad
Back to top Go down
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

PostSubject: Re: 2 license or not 2 license?   2 license or not 2 license? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2007 2:48 am

See No, thats not right!
I will never move to Utah!

http://news.aol.com/topnews/article...990001?cid=2194

Jumping Through Hoops for a Dog License
Town Places Strict Limits on Pet Population

By PAUL FOY
AP
ALTA, Utah (Jan. 3) - Every January when dog licenses come up for renewal, dog lovers at this ski town go wild with anticipation, panting for a shot at the finite number up for grabs.

They start counting the dogs rumored to have died or moved away with their owners. And if the license lottery leaves them empty-handed, they can always try pestering the mayor, who can issue his own licenses for good cause or compassion.

"It's the worst issue I deal with," said Mayor Tom Pollard. "The day after I was elected I got my first call - I hadn't even gotten to the job. They disguised it as a question about garbage service, then finished with, 'Can I have a dog?"'

To protect the alpine watershed, an ordinance limits the number of dogs to 12 percent of the human population, with few exceptions. No four-legged visitors are allowed, even inside cars, and violators can go to jail.

For now, the town council keeps the lid at 42 licenses, even though it could add two more dogs under the formula tied to Alta's population of 370 old-timers, ski bums, business owners and resort employees.

"I never heard of a place limiting dog licenses," said Stephan Otto, a lawyer and legislative director for the Animal Legal Defense Fund, which tracks dog ordinances. "It sounds a little European."

Alta occupies 4 square miles inside a national forest where a special act of Congress left Salt Lake City in charge of the water supply. The city and county police the canyons, keeping out nonresident or unlicensed dogs to curb bacterial contamination of streams and protect Salt Lake's drinking water.

The scramble for dog licenses in Alta can get a tad ghoulish. People are chatting about the dearly departed pet of Alta's former mayor, Bill Levitt, and his wife, Mimi. But the Levitts say they are not giving up the license and have six months to find a new Fido.

Property owners who live in Alta for at least six months of the year get first dibs on licenses. Any leftovers are distributed at drawings and they go next to part-time business or property owners, then lastly to seasonal employees.

It's too early to tell if any of the 42 licenses will become available in 2007, but that's why the mayor can throw dog lovers a bone, granting "compassion" licenses temporarily and signing off on things like dogs at weddings.

"It's one of the most critical issues I ever had to face," said Levitt, who was mayor for 34 years. "It is not a fun thing. I asked the new mayor, 'Do you hate dogs?' He said, 'No, I just hate the procedure."'

Deputy town marshal Tom Bolen said he's heard practically every excuse from visitors caught smuggling dogs. They claimed not to have seen the warning signs or thought they referred only to a leash law or believed the ban was only for vicious dogs.

Three months into his job, Bolen said he issued dozens of warnings to illegal dog walkers and two citations. Violations are typically settled for $65, but repeat offenders can risk 90 days in jail and a $1,000 fine.

The area's handful of avalanche rescue dogs don't count against the licensed dog limit - "as long as they have their little jackets on," Town Clerk Kate Black said. The same goes for service dogs for the disabled.

Maureen Hill-Hauck, executive director of the American Dog Owners Association, called Alta's ordinance "totally ridiculous."

"No other town limits dogs," she said. "It sounds like a total and complete violation of a person's civil rights. How dare they?"

Alta has its own doubters, who point out that wild animals routinely leave droppings. But town officials say manufactured dog food makes for more potent poop.

Sometimes, despite the ordinance, a mayor just can't say no.

Sean Walton shares a tiny apartment with his fiance and her invalid German shepherd. Their temporary dog license - their second - was good only through the end of the year. Walton asked the mayor for another extension, long enough to get them to the next town drawing May 1.

The alternative, they said, was sending the dog back to the woman's ex-husband, a Colorado doctor who travels overseas, meaning a future of dog kennels for 14-year-old Marta.

Then came good news: Pollard said he was giving Walton a compassion license for the remainder of Marta's life.

"We're both really happy about it," Walton said. "The mayor was as nice as you could expect. We just ran into him at the grocery store and he said, 'You've got your permit."'
Back to top Go down
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

Number of posts : 1025

PostSubject: Re: 2 license or not 2 license?   2 license or not 2 license? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2007 7:52 am

I have to license mine. It a $500 fine if i don't. afro
Back to top Go down
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

PostSubject: Re: 2 license or not 2 license?   2 license or not 2 license? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2007 8:22 am

MidwestBully wrote:
I have to license mine. It a $500 fine if i don't. afro

It's like 150 here, I have been caught a few times... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 license or not 2 license?   2 license or not 2 license? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2 license or not 2 license?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pit Boss :: GENERAL TOPICS :: Pit Tales-
Jump to: