The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

*fumes*

Go down 
+3
trejos kennels
schismatickennels
Xelleron
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Xelleron
Top Pit
Top Pit
Xelleron

Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2006-12-22

*fumes* Empty
PostSubject: *fumes*   *fumes* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2007 10:27 pm

I DISLIKE SEVERAL PEOPLE!!!! *mutters* calling me irrisponcable, not taking care of my dog... feeding her garbage.. How was I supposed to know that Ol Roy isn't good food??? I can't afford 40 dollar bags of food with 3 dogs in the house! Especially my parents too! (they don't eat it, I mean they can't afford it). I want to SMACK these stupid people. It really irriates me on how they are assuming that I'm going to sell the puppies for phrophet and not write up a legal contract... OOOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I JUST WANT TO HIT THEM WITH A TUNA FISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*sighs* I'm done...
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 799
Registration date : 2006-11-09

*fumes* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *fumes*   *fumes* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2007 11:01 pm

Alright first off, OL ROY is NOT bad dog food, so whomever thinks it is can kiss my polite ass...I feed diamond because I like the results better, BUT if something occurs and I can't afford to feed it, just like the last 10 generations of family members who have had dogs and fed OL ROY, I will go back to it.

In a whole, diamond is not that much more expensive than Ol Roy, you pay about 13 bucks for a decent 50 lb bag of dog food, and for diamond we pay 14.42 for a 50lb bag. 2 dollars doesn't make that much of a difference.

Second, don't fret, if someone cannot offer you advise without being a jerk about it then guess what they don't matter. They don't feed, care, or pick up your dog poop. You gotta do what you think is right and in your best intrest. While yea I advise spaying brittle after this litter, its not my place to say HEY GO DO IT NOW!
Back to top Go down
http://www.schismatickennels.com
trejos kennels
Top Pit
Top Pit
trejos kennels

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2006-11-17

*fumes* Empty
PostSubject: well   *fumes* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2007 11:19 pm

wow really Diamond only cost that muc.. we dont sel Diamond anywhere around here I can never find it.. and would hate to have to order it and pay shipping .. my dogs eat ..*gulps* dog chow is that bad?
Back to top Go down
http://trejoskennels.bravehost.com
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

*fumes* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *fumes*   *fumes* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2007 11:23 pm

We get diamond at the local co-op depending on what time of year it is, in the winter we use performance or maintanence, in the summer sporting. The price varies between 14 and 18 bucks. Now for lamb and rice, its about 22 dollars. But its only a 40 lb bag,and honestly I'm not buying only 40 lbs for that price.

I'm assuming you are talking about Purina brand Dog Chow, and if it works for your dogs, and your getting a clear bill of health every month, I know other breeders that do use purina, and like it, and are members of the purina club. I personally haven't had any luck with it, but i also don't like waiting 2 to 3 months for my dogs stools to turn from water to solid. lol
Back to top Go down
trejos kennels
Top Pit
Top Pit
trejos kennels

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2006-11-17

*fumes* Empty
PostSubject: i   *fumes* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2007 11:30 pm

I am a member of the purina pro club, and use purina puppy chow and then move to purina dog chow, and I have had all good luck with it.. I mean my dogs look great right..lol I mean I tried Eukanuba (sp) one time and THAT WAS EXPENSIVE 50.00 for a 30 pound bag.. and man I tried it for about 2 months and they had dirreah the whole time and got really skiny I went back to Dog chow and they went back to normal... But I dont know Like you said I guess if it works for me then...
Back to top Go down
http://trejoskennels.bravehost.com
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2006-11-08

*fumes* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *fumes*   *fumes* Icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2007 11:59 pm

I say what ever works for your dog , then use it.

Ol' Roy and Purina aren't bad foods. Purina has been around since the late 1800's so they must be doing something right ...lol
I work with a few people that feed Ol' Roy and dogs looks great. The people on the other board are stuck up snobs that just want to be better than everybody else. Rolling Eyes
I feed what i feed because my family has always feed their dogs an all natural feed, so that was just my first choice by default.
Back to top Go down
Bluffside
Adult Pitbull
Adult Pitbull
Bluffside

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2006-11-10

*fumes* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *fumes*   *fumes* Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2007 12:13 am

But smacking people with a tuna fish lmao now is it really that bad?
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/bluffsidepits
Xelleron
Top Pit
Top Pit
Xelleron

*fumes* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *fumes*   *fumes* Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2007 12:52 am

Yeah! IT IS! Seriously.... these people take a light hearty post into a trash thing... it irritates me to bitter end.

And they are saying that my dogs are going to be used as fighting and all this junk. I haven't really said anything to them except "If you don't like what I have to say, take it to PM" but they keep on jabbing at me.

One person even went to say she can't wait to see brittle's puppy so she can foster it because it will probably have 3 legs and a bad temperment and will probably have to be put down!

I can't take it anymore!!!!!!! I WANT TO TELL THEM TO PUT THEIR STUPID ASS COMMENTS UP THEIR OWN!!!!

Sorry for saying ass.... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Number of posts : 1687

*fumes* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *fumes*   *fumes* Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2007 2:11 am

Where are they saying this???
Back to top Go down
Xelleron
Top Pit
Top Pit
Xelleron

*fumes* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *fumes*   *fumes* Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2007 9:04 am

They are saying this on bulldogbreeds.com

I've about had it there. They are just morons over there! (all except for a few.)
Back to top Go down
Mikado&Chalice
Top Pit
Top Pit
Mikado&Chalice

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2006-11-30

*fumes* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *fumes*   *fumes* Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2007 11:16 pm

Some forums are like that. I think they are small people with narrow minds Mad . Stay here with us we wont put you down we will lift you up. I like it here..... I love you

I have heard Suspect somethings about Ol'Roy and don't want to feed it to my dogs. I have feed purina food in the past and great luck with them. All my dogs look good. I say if your dog looks good has no health issues then continue feeding it the food you choose. sunny
Back to top Go down
American

*fumes* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *fumes*   *fumes* Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2007 12:15 am

Let me just say this, when I first got chopper and bones ALL I could afford was OL ROY. I believe as long as your dog is loved and not starving thats all that should matter. Eventually I went to pedigree, those two still eat it. Pedigree is alot more expensive then Diamond...I can get a 50lb bag of Diamond puppy food at the store for 12.59, pedigree at wal-mart or at a store cost me 16.99 for a 40lb bag. I used to want to get all my dogs on Science diet, I like it but its real expensive like 35.99 for a 40lb bag at petsmart.

Dont worry about what other people think, and if its bothering you that much, then dont go to that other forum..stay here...we wont put you down for feeding your dogs OL ROY.
Back to top Go down
redsky

*fumes* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *fumes*   *fumes* Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2007 12:51 am

Ok guys i'm not knocking nobody but i don't like ol roy at all!! I have fed puppy chow and do so on and off now! I don't like ol roy because there is a bunch of garbage in there read the bag. I have tried diamond messed up all my rednoses couldn't feed that! I have fed nutro good food but doesn't keep the weight on like I like it!! The food you choose depends on how you want your dog point blank and simple. If you dog is thin then actually a cheaper brand may be better for you because their is more fat in them. If your dog is overweight you need the more expensive food that is diet appropriate. If your dog is one of high energy you need to feed a food that has proteins and such in there for that! It all depends on your dogs life style what you need to be feeding!! I don't agree that it's okay to feed a cheap food for budget purposes don't take this the wrong way but yall know i'm straight up and i speak my mind! If you can't feed a good brand of food you shouldn't have a dog or more then what you can afford! I spend just as much on my dogs as i do on my kids and in that respect I can't spend on me the way i want to make sure all my kids (canine and human kind) get what they need and want!!
Back to top Go down
redsky

*fumes* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *fumes*   *fumes* Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2007 12:53 am

Xelleron wrote:
Yeah! IT IS! Seriously.... these people take a light hearty post into a trash thing... it irritates me to bitter end.

And they are saying that my dogs are going to be used as fighting and all this junk. I haven't really said anything to them except "If you don't like what I have to say, take it to PM" but they keep on jabbing at me.

One person even went to say she can't wait to see brittle's puppy so she can foster it because it will probably have 3 legs and a bad temperment and will probably have to be put down!

I can't take it anymore!!!!!!! I WANT TO TELL THEM TO PUT THEIR STUPID ASS COMMENTS UP THEIR OWN!!!!

Hey why even keep socializing with the people if they disrespect you like that?
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

*fumes* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *fumes*   *fumes* Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2007 12:56 am

I know you ain't knockin no one christie, but lets see, Save-a-lot mac n cheese or kraft mac-n-cheese. I economize. I'm not saying I buy the budget cheap food, but some do, and some have several dogs. I honestly don't see anything at all wrong with it. Thing is, everyone gets so hyped up on dog food that OUR ancestors did feed for years. heck my grandad fed his beagles table scraps all their life, and there were some that lived to be 20. I'm not saying its the greatest thing in the world but if it works for your dog, to me it doesn't make a !!!!! what you feed em. I swear by diamond, i'll stick with it as long as I can get it and there are no more scares, doesn't mean I expect everyone else to use it though. Lot of people feeding Kibbles and Bits, gravy train, ol roy, pedigree, purina, and it sells or it wouldn't be out on the shelves before my diamond is.

I agree that some dog foods are better than others as far as coat and digestion. But also we as humans put a ton of JUNK into our bodies as well. I dunno I just don't go spastic over dog food. lol
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

*fumes* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *fumes*   *fumes* Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2007 12:57 am

redsky wrote:
Xelleron wrote:

Hey why even keep socializing with the people if they disrespect you like that?

I agree with you 100% there christie. no sense in punishing yourself.
Back to top Go down
Xelleron
Top Pit
Top Pit
Xelleron

*fumes* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *fumes*   *fumes* Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2007 4:47 am

I haven't been back in over a month that tha stupid place.

One of my few friends on there emailed me and asked me how I was doing. I told her and talked to her and shwoed her pictures. Then one day she told me someone started a thread about Brittle asking about her. She said I should go on and brag about how Brittle and the pups are doing. I told her I'd never go back to that horrible place, but she is more than happy to brag about them for me!
Back to top Go down
redsky

*fumes* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *fumes*   *fumes* Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2007 7:03 am

schismatickennels wrote:
I know you ain't knockin no one christie, but lets see, Save-a-lot mac n cheese or kraft mac-n-cheese. I economize. I'm not saying I buy the budget cheap food, but some do, and some have several dogs. I honestly don't see anything at all wrong with it. Thing is, everyone gets so hyped up on dog food that OUR ancestors did feed for years. heck my grandad fed his beagles table scraps all their life, and there were some that lived to be 20. I'm not saying its the greatest thing in the world but if it works for your dog, to me it doesn't make a !!!!! what you feed em. I swear by diamond, i'll stick with it as long as I can get it and there are no more scares, doesn't mean I expect everyone else to use it though. Lot of people feeding Kibbles and Bits, gravy train, ol roy, pedigree, purina, and it sells or it wouldn't be out on the shelves before my diamond is.

I agree that some dog foods are better than others as far as coat and digestion. But also we as humans put a ton of JUNK into our bodies as well. I dunno I just don't go spastic over dog food. lol

Like i said what you feed depends on what your dog is doing. You have to meet the requirements of their daily activitiy and some of the cheap stuff will and some won't. I dont tell no one what they have to feed i make suggestions as I myself am still on trial basis looking for what i feel will benefit all my dogs without one not getting what is needed while the other does.
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

*fumes* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *fumes*   *fumes* Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2007 7:43 am

well i do agree, in the winter we feed the high fat diamond, in the spring and summer we feed the lower fat foods, with extra protein. I just found that I really like diamond. Not everything works for everyone's dogs. Everyone pretty much uses something different.
Back to top Go down
Xelleron
Top Pit
Top Pit
Xelleron

*fumes* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *fumes*   *fumes* Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2007 11:47 am

That's what I said!
Back to top Go down