The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

So... I will admit it here.. but not else where

Go down 
+3
Pantera2006
APBT4ME
Xelleron
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Xelleron
Top Pit
Top Pit
Xelleron

Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2006-12-22

So... I will admit it here.. but not else where Empty
PostSubject: So... I will admit it here.. but not else where   So... I will admit it here.. but not else where Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2007 9:20 pm

You guys have done this breeding thing at last 6 times right?

I'm scared. Is that normal? I'm afraid I'm going to screw up somehow... I am so... scared it's not funny. I know I'll havea vet number on hands if something bad happens, but.. I'm still scared... And I'll only admit it here because on the other forum they'll just point it out to everyone and make it another flaming thread.

I just don't want to screw up...
Back to top Go down
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2006-11-08

PostSubject: Re: So... I will admit it here.. but not else where   So... I will admit it here.. but not else where Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2007 10:13 pm

Don't worry. You'll do fine.
For the m ost part, moms got it under control and with your help everything should go great.
Its however, inevitable(s/p) sometimes to loose a pup. Some don't always make it, but it won't be your fault.

Post up something when she goes into labor and if I see it I'll try to stay online if you have any questions.
Back to top Go down
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2006-11-09

PostSubject: Re: So... I will admit it here.. but not else where   So... I will admit it here.. but not else where Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2007 11:59 pm

I understand your frears, I had them too.... That is why dogs should be bred at 2 years old.... Just cuz they are older and know better...Well, and health and other things too, but that is a reason too... I think that she will be fine....
Back to top Go down
trejos kennels
Top Pit
Top Pit
trejos kennels

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2006-11-17

PostSubject: fears   So... I will admit it here.. but not else where Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2007 12:56 am

fears are normal.. no mater how many litter I have I don't think that I will ever not be nervous or scared hwen it happening, like Jessica (midwest) said alot of the time you are going to loose at least one.. I have only had 2 litters the first time the dam killed one the first day by laying on her and the second litter, one was born dead... It hurts but it is something that you have to live with, I am sure she will be fine, and like Jessica said I am on here almost 24/7 lol.. so when she goes into laor let us know we will be here to help...
Back to top Go down
http://trejoskennels.bravehost.com
Xelleron
Top Pit
Top Pit
Xelleron

PostSubject: Re: So... I will admit it here.. but not else where   So... I will admit it here.. but not else where Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2007 2:26 am

thanks guys... it's going to be really soon too. the puppies seem to be more towards the back, and i feel them kicking around a lot more.

My mom thinks they are going to be born tomorrow or Saturday. Possibly Sunday. affraid

I need to take her temp before I leave for work. Someone told me when their temp goes to 98º or 99º's she'll be in labour within the next 24 hours. (is that a wifes tale or is it true?)
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 799

PostSubject: Re: So... I will admit it here.. but not else where   So... I will admit it here.. but not else where Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2007 2:31 am

You should try getting a rectal temp on her, and keep that monitored, if she drops below 99 and continues to stay at that temp, pups should be born in 24-48 hrs. Also try expressing milk, and watch for heavy panting and restlessness. Watch you beds, she may try and bed on them. lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.schismatickennels.com
Xelleron
Top Pit
Top Pit
Xelleron

PostSubject: Re: So... I will admit it here.. but not else where   So... I will admit it here.. but not else where Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2007 4:38 am

schismatickennels wrote:
You should try getting a rectal temp on her, and keep that monitored, if she drops below 99 and continues to stay at that temp, pups should be born in 24-48 hrs. Also try expressing milk, and watch for heavy panting and restlessness. Watch you beds, she may try and bed on them. lol

She was panting earlier... oh dear... I think they are going to be coming Friday.... either that or tonight! Oh dear...
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: So... I will admit it here.. but not else where   So... I will admit it here.. but not else where Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2007 4:41 am

Just take a few deep breaths hun, enjoy the experience. Don't be so nervous she can sense if your more tense than she is, and being her first time, she's more than likely going to need you to be strong for her, and very reassuring. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: So... I will admit it here.. but not else where   So... I will admit it here.. but not else where Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2007 6:03 am

Xelleron wrote:
schismatickennels wrote:

She was panting earlier... oh dear... I think they are going to be coming Friday.... either that or tonight! Oh dear...

For some reason i thought you said the third week of Jan. what date did they tie if you remember? Also the temp may drop lower then 99 and the temp doesn't always work so yes watch that (i always take temps from day 53 till pups drop) has never failed me yet but some say the temps didn't work for them. Sierra's temp drop to 99 then went back up to 100.3 and stayed there but my mom's bitch went to 97 so it varies with the dogs like stuff varies with us. It's okay being scared it's your first litter but take a deep breath and good luck! Hurry and post pics I can't wait to see those lil chocolate babies!!
Back to top Go down
trejos kennels
Top Pit
Top Pit
trejos kennels

PostSubject: Re: So... I will admit it here.. but not else where   So... I will admit it here.. but not else where Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2007 6:59 am

redsky wrote:
Xelleron wrote:
schismatickennels wrote:

For some reason i thought you said the third week of Jan. what date did they tie if you remember? Also the temp may drop lower then 99 and the temp doesn't always work so yes watch that (i always take temps from day 53 till pups drop) has never failed me yet but some say the temps didn't work for them. Sierra's temp drop to 99 then went back up to 100.3 and stayed there but my mom's bitch went to 97 so it varies with the dogs like stuff varies with us. It's okay being scared it's your first litter but take a deep breath and good luck! Hurry and post pics I can't wait to see those lil chocolate babies!!

So true about the temp.. Pequenas temp went down to 97 and then back up to 99 then finally went to 98.6 and she went into labor..very confusing, Has she began to nest yet? scratch around and things? thats usually a good sign that they will be here soon...
Back to top Go down
Xelleron
Top Pit
Top Pit
Xelleron

PostSubject: Re: So... I will admit it here.. but not else where   So... I will admit it here.. but not else where Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2007 7:55 am

trejos kennels wrote:
redsky wrote:
Xelleron wrote:
schismatickennels wrote:

So true about the temp.. Pequenas temp went down to 97 and then back up to 99 then finally went to 98.6 and she went into labor..very confusing, Has she began to nest yet? scratch around and things? thats usually a good sign that they will be here soon...

I haven't seen her nesting eyet, But I haven't been around since 3pm so I'll have to ask my mom. My mom has this really big gut feeling (They are 99.9% right) that she's going to have them Friday night/Saturday. So tomorrow we're going to get the garage ready (for me and the puppies to stay in lol). We were thinking about putting fine shavings in the welping box instead of newspaper. Is that okay?
Back to top Go down
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

PostSubject: Re: So... I will admit it here.. but not else where   So... I will admit it here.. but not else where Icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2007 10:15 am

I would say no..... Just cuz if they breath that in their lungs, It could hurt them.... I would say a blanket or newspaper, i had 7 blankets... 1 for each day of the week, then on the 7th day, i would wash the lot of them.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Xelleron
Top Pit
Top Pit
Xelleron

PostSubject: Re: So... I will admit it here.. but not else where   So... I will admit it here.. but not else where Icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2007 10:48 pm

My mom found all these blankets and stuff we're going to put down. Brittle likes comfy stuff so what we're going to do is find a couple sleeping bags and put them on the bottom of the box, then put a tarp over the sleeping bags so they won't get ruined, then put a bunch of blankets on top of the tarp.
Back to top Go down
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

PostSubject: Re: So... I will admit it here.. but not else where   So... I will admit it here.. but not else where Icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2007 11:00 pm

There ya go... I had 2 sleeping bags that i put in the box.... She loved it, but i was always checking to see if the pups were tangled in them.... So watch for that too....
Back to top Go down
Oldfort
Admin
Oldfort

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2006-11-08

PostSubject: Re: So... I will admit it here.. but not else where   So... I will admit it here.. but not else where Icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2007 3:23 am

Dogs are pretty resiliant. They will normally do all the work. Back in my single younger dumber days Rocky was due anyday but I had to move to SC. She started delivering what turned out to be a litter of 13 in the her crate, in the back of my pickup truck, in the rain, in Dec on the way to SC and only the runt didnt make it!
Back to top Go down
https://thepitboss.editboard.com
Bluffside
Adult Pitbull
Adult Pitbull
Bluffside

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2006-11-10

PostSubject: Re: So... I will admit it here.. but not else where   So... I will admit it here.. but not else where Icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2007 10:34 am

So did this dog ever have Puppies ???
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/bluffsidepits
Xelleron
Top Pit
Top Pit
Xelleron

PostSubject: Re: So... I will admit it here.. but not else where   So... I will admit it here.. but not else where Icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2007 11:30 pm

Not yet. It's killing me too! My face breaks out when I'm stressed... and I look terrible. Brittle mved 0.0001 miles per hour now. Mom said her true to true due date is the 18th, and if nothing happens we're going to take her to the vet to see if everything is alright.
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: So... I will admit it here.. but not else where   So... I will admit it here.. but not else where Icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2007 11:44 pm

What day was she bred on?? And was it just once???
Back to top Go down
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

PostSubject: Re: So... I will admit it here.. but not else where   So... I will admit it here.. but not else where Icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2007 12:18 am

schismatickennels wrote:
What day was she bred on?? And was it just once???
Thats what i wanna know, If it was just an accident, then it only happened once right?? So you will know the exact day of pregnancy... It makes it so much easier...
Back to top Go down
Xelleron
Top Pit
Top Pit
Xelleron

PostSubject: Re: So... I will admit it here.. but not else where   So... I will admit it here.. but not else where Icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2007 1:08 am

It was once (from what I understand) and I swore she said 15th. Maybe I was wrong.
Back to top Go down
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

PostSubject: Re: So... I will admit it here.. but not else where   So... I will admit it here.. but not else where Icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2007 1:13 am

November 15th???
If so.. them ya, the 18th-22nd....63-67 days!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bluffside
Adult Pitbull
Adult Pitbull
Bluffside

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2006-11-10

PostSubject: Re: So... I will admit it here.. but not else where   So... I will admit it here.. but not else where Icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2007 4:40 am

i have never seen a dog go past 65
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/bluffsidepits
Xelleron
Top Pit
Top Pit
Xelleron

PostSubject: Re: So... I will admit it here.. but not else where   So... I will admit it here.. but not else where Icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2007 6:44 am

*falls over* whoo! How many do you want to bet she's going to have them the day I leave to go see my man go for his 4th degree? ROTFL!
Back to top Go down
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

PostSubject: Re: So... I will admit it here.. but not else where   So... I will admit it here.. but not else where Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2007 1:42 am

Bluffside wrote:
i have never seen a dog go past 65
Ya me neither, Harley bred to a female 5 years ago, My fault, but i guess the female "just started her heat that day" and they didnt tell me, Back then, i didnt know nothing abot breeding so i really had NO idea, Anyhoo... Harley did lock with this dog, for 30 mins... affraid first time seeing this, i cried, It looked painfull....
So i said sorry till the cows came home, offered to pay for the PROPER food(they were feeding MAINSTAY) pale And to find the pups homes... Ok, she was prego, she was 2 but Harley was 15 months...So i got books and read like a mad man, estimated the due date to be april 25th 2002, well........... That day rolled and nothing, the 30th, nothing, finally she gave birth to 8 i think, Well that was on day 72..... And dont they look like their husky/lab/shepard/collie!!!!!! LMAO!!!!!! I paid for all her food during the pregnancy Neutral Meh, they were healthy cute Pitbull/shepard/husky/lab/collie pups!!!!!!! Didnt i get the most sorries ever!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
trejos kennels
Top Pit
Top Pit
trejos kennels

PostSubject: so   So... I will admit it here.. but not else where Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2007 2:01 am

so waht they were not your dogs pups or what???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So... I will admit it here.. but not else where   So... I will admit it here.. but not else where Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So... I will admit it here.. but not else where
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pit Boss :: GENERAL TOPICS :: The Lounge-
Jump to: