The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

to little? to big?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wheezie wayne
Top Pit
Top Pit
wheezie wayne

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2006-11-11

to little? to big? Empty
PostSubject: to little? to big?   to little? to big? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2007 8:22 am

since rico is only 9 months old right now i dont really have to worry about this but heres a question for future use, how do i know what his conditioned weight is? im affraid i would go to small.
Back to top Go down
redsky

to little? to big? Empty
PostSubject: Re: to little? to big?   to little? to big? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2007 7:26 pm

what is his normal weight? His conditioned weight is his weight when he is worked and in shape. I don't worry about conditioned weight right now but once i start getting ready for weight pull i will!
Back to top Go down
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2006-11-08

to little? to big? Empty
PostSubject: Re: to little? to big?   to little? to big? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2007 10:38 pm

You'll also here 'chain weight' which is their unconditioned weight.
Back to top Go down
Oldfort
Admin
Oldfort

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2006-11-08

to little? to big? Empty
PostSubject: Re: to little? to big?   to little? to big? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2007 1:50 am

Actuall conditioned weight is determined by maximizing your dogs physical potential. Its the best weight your dog can be at without taking anything away from your dog. For example last year Rebel stayed at 55-56lbs conditioned. Right now he is at 60lbs which would be his chain weight. Now seeing that he has matured some I will have to see if he can safely get back down to 55lbs or if he is stronger at 56-57.
Back to top Go down
https://thepitboss.editboard.com
wheezie wayne
Top Pit
Top Pit
wheezie wayne

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2006-11-11

to little? to big? Empty
PostSubject: Re: to little? to big?   to little? to big? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2007 3:49 am

i know about the chain weight and everything. rico will want to eat no matter how much he has had so i can use that as a premise. im just wondering how i can determine safetly what his conditioned weight is. he is curently 80.3 and the vet said thats a good weight for him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

to little? to big? Empty
PostSubject: Re: to little? to big?   to little? to big? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

to little? to big?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pit Boss :: GENERAL TOPICS :: For our Pits Sake........Health Issues-
Jump to: