The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

exercise and kenells

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wheezie wayne
Top Pit
Top Pit
wheezie wayne

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2006-11-11

exercise and kenells Empty
PostSubject: exercise and kenells   exercise and kenells Icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2006 10:44 pm

i know this is a dumb question but i have veen wondering this for a while. when you have a kenel with double digit dogs how do you exercise them all, and how do you give them all the attention they need, i have a hard enough time with 2 haha. just wondering
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: exercise and kenells   exercise and kenells Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2006 2:04 am

wheezie wayne wrote:
i know this is a dumb question but i have veen wondering this for a while. when you have a kenel with double digit dogs how do you exercise them all, and how do you give them all the attention they need, i have a hard enough time with 2 haha. just wondering

I personally do not think there are any dumb questions Wink . It is possible to love, care and work them all. I would say a few hired hands my be needed and if I ever had that many would definately get some hired hands to help out. I rotate mine. A few have free roam then some have free roam and are kenneled at night. The ones that are kenneled get yard time (only the pups are kenneled really and it's the ones that have been beyond hard to house train or that are up for sale). I wake up a 530am let them out and feed them all two by two (one eats solo because he will not eat if another pup or dog is out), let them run the yard a bit and play then put them back up besides the ones that have free roam. The ones that I show I work on stacking and commands 15 minutes at a time about three to four times a day. I feed again around 630-7pm but in between the first feeding and that one everyone has gone out three times for potty and exercise. They go out for the last time around 9-10pm then those that are kenneled for the night are put up and those that are open to free roam get in their desired locations to go to sleep.
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: exercise and kenells   exercise and kenells Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2006 2:08 am

If I were wp training right now that schedule would be totally different. I do walk my dogs/pups as well but not as much through the colder season as I do during warmer months. I guess it would all depend on what functions your dogs perform on how a schedule would look or work out. Working dogs get a much busier schedule then does the show dog.
Back to top Go down
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2006-11-08

PostSubject: Re: exercise and kenells   exercise and kenells Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2006 3:15 am

I agree, it would be extreamly hard to excersise a double digit amount of dogs and do it all by yourself. You need help.
Thats why when i get mine started i will only have a single number something like 8, unless i have pups/dogs waiting to be placed.

Last edited by on Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: exercise and kenells   exercise and kenells Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2006 5:09 am

MidwestBully wrote:
I agree, it would be extreamly hard to a double digit amount of dogs and do it all by yourself. You need help.
That why when i get mine started i will only have a single number, unless i have pups/dogs witing to be placed.

Yep I don't plan to have any more then one male and three to four females at one time that are keepers. I'm really thinking only three females (four is a bit much).
Back to top Go down
Judy
Charter Member
Charter Member
Judy

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2006-11-09

PostSubject: Re: exercise and kenells   exercise and kenells Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2006 10:25 am

I don't know how you guys do it! I am worn out by just one! lol!
Back to top Go down
Oldfort
Admin
Oldfort

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2006-11-08

PostSubject: Re: exercise and kenells   exercise and kenells Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2006 1:19 pm

I dont know how many dogs will end up on our yard but I do know that I wont be actively competing with more than 4 or 5, probably 4. That said Gracie doesnt get worked but she does get plenty of excercise. All of our dogs are on at least 40ft cable runs with 10-15ft chains. That gives them at least 800sq ft of play/excersie room.
Back to top Go down
https://thepitboss.editboard.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: exercise and kenells   exercise and kenells Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

exercise and kenells
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pit Boss :: GENERAL TOPICS :: Q&A-
Jump to: