The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

what the vet said

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wheezie wayne
Top Pit
Top Pit
wheezie wayne

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2006-11-11

what the vet said Empty
PostSubject: what the vet said   what the vet said Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 2:10 am

i was at the vet yesterday and i mentioned to her i would like to get rico doing some wp this summer aroud the time he turns 1, she kind of looked at me for a sec then told me that it could really be to much stress on his joints since he is still growing and sugested i get him swiming lol. i told her i wasent gonna be pushing him hard or anything just using it as a noter form of exercise. then she said maybe i should get into agility lol.
Back to top Go down
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2006-11-09

what the vet said Empty
PostSubject: Re: what the vet said   what the vet said Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 3:44 am

You know what, my vet said the same thing about that... She told me not to get her into weight pull intill she was 18 months old, she said it messes with the joints too.... And she said to get a dog younger then 18 months into pulling is dangerous, cus they are still growing and it could really damage their bodies??? scratch
Back to top Go down
Oldfort
Admin
Oldfort

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2006-11-08

what the vet said Empty
PostSubject: Re: what the vet said   what the vet said Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 12:19 pm

IM no vet but I can tell you from experience you wont hurt them in ANYWAY unless you just over do it. They can compete at 9 months in any association. Rebel isnt even 18 months YET nor Bailey. My mentor has been working dogs since the 70's and never had ANY prolems. If it hurt them physically in anyway he would know by now!
Back to top Go down
https://thepitboss.editboard.com
redsky

what the vet said Empty
PostSubject: Re: what the vet said   what the vet said Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2007 12:39 am

They can't compete till a year with UKC. Andy is right unless your dog has bad bones, hips etc already which you would know or you over do it the dog will be fine. I've gotten them dumb comments time and time again but shocking that a vet said it!
Back to top Go down
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2006-11-09

what the vet said Empty
PostSubject: Re: what the vet said   what the vet said Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2007 3:18 am

Ya thats what i thought too....
BUt i mean this is the same vet that looked at a shepard/pitbull cross and told the girl that it was a purebred American Staff... Laughing Laughing
YOu should have seen this dog!!!! Brindle, short(like the mom) But the head was TINY and the nose was 2 miles long!!! hahaha And skinny too, haha...
So ya, i dont really listen to vets when it comes to that... They arent trained in that area .....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

what the vet said Empty
PostSubject: Re: what the vet said   what the vet said Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what the vet said
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pit Boss :: GENERAL TOPICS :: Pit Tales-
Jump to: