The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ear crop question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TEXAS HUSTLE
Jr. Pup
Jr. Pup
TEXAS HUSTLE

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2007-02-10

ear crop question Empty
PostSubject: ear crop question   ear crop question Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2007 3:19 am

what is to old to crop
Back to top Go down
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2006-11-08

ear crop question Empty
PostSubject: Re: ear crop question   ear crop question Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2007 5:00 am

A lot of vets don't like to crop after 12 weeks and most won't do it after 6 months. I have seen a few crop upto a year but never any older. I wouldn't suggest cropping that old (1yr). The older they are, the high the chance they won't stand and the longer it takes to heal.
Back to top Go down
redsky

ear crop question Empty
PostSubject: Re: ear crop question   ear crop question Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2007 7:00 am

Yea if the dog is a year or better just leave it be! My vet will crop what ever age just charges more.
Back to top Go down
TEXAS HUSTLE
Jr. Pup
Jr. Pup
TEXAS HUSTLE

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2007-02-10

ear crop question Empty
PostSubject: Re: ear crop question   ear crop question Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2007 9:36 am

so i should be good do doit now at 5 months?
Back to top Go down
redsky

ear crop question Empty
PostSubject: Re: ear crop question   ear crop question Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2007 9:39 am

I just got midas done and he is five months, midwest (jessica) and Tina just got justice and kali done all five months old. Midas is doing great, although he acts like he's so freaken sensitive and wants no one to touch his ears but he's doing great other wise! I took his stitches out today Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
American

ear crop question Empty
PostSubject: Re: ear crop question   ear crop question Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2007 2:04 pm

Awww Midas healed up then? What a handsome boy he is! Kali's stitches are coming out I think she has like 2 left on her left ear and 3 on her right ear.
Back to top Go down
redsky

ear crop question Empty
PostSubject: Re: ear crop question   ear crop question Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2007 3:21 am

Yep pretty much healed up!
Back to top Go down
Xelleron
Top Pit
Top Pit
Xelleron

Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2006-12-22

ear crop question Empty
PostSubject: Re: ear crop question   ear crop question Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2007 10:18 am

Our vet wouldn't crop my neighbours boxer after 11 months. Said it really wasn't worth it after 6 months.
Back to top Go down
Bluffside
Adult Pitbull
Adult Pitbull
Bluffside

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2006-11-10

ear crop question Empty
PostSubject: Re: ear crop question   ear crop question Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 12:24 am

Going to take Manny in to get his stitches out today i cant wait i hate those pokey lil things they hurt when he rubs up against your face lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/bluffsidepits
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2006-11-08

ear crop question Empty
PostSubject: Re: ear crop question   ear crop question Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 2:09 am

Justice's stitches are coming out by on their own! is that normal! confused
Back to top Go down
redsky

ear crop question Empty
PostSubject: Re: ear crop question   ear crop question Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 8:19 am

If the end wasn't tight or somehow got cut, chewed etc yea they will come out on their own. Tina had the best deal Kali had dissolvable!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ear crop question Empty
PostSubject: Re: ear crop question   ear crop question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ear crop question
Page 1 of 1