The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"Beware of Dog" signs?

Go down 
+7
TEXAS HUSTLE
Bullygirl807
Oldfort
ericschevy
YJSONLY
APBT4ME
LegendsMami
11 posters
AuthorMessage
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2006-11-08

"Beware of Dog" signs? Empty
PostSubject: "Beware of Dog" signs?   "Beware of Dog" signs? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 2:39 am

I wanted Pit Boss's opinion on the Beware of Dog sign issue. On another forum there were ppl talking about it. I didnt even know that in some states if a burgular breaks into your house and gets bit by your dog or trips and falls breaking his/her leg, the burgular can sue for medical bills!!! affraid confused There was also talk that in some states you have to have a sign up stating there is dog(s) on the premises. Now first thought that came to my mind was just get a Beware of Dog sign.....WRONG..Bad Choice! This sign reads to much as there is a potentially aggressive dog(WHAT???...I thought just to be on the look out for a dog whether it be friendly or not). And if you put up a friendly sign such as "Pit Bull at Play" could result in someone getting the idea to steal your dog. I find that that really sucks! Mad
http://doglaw.hugpug.com/doglaw_082.html
http://www.overlawyered.com/letters/2005/02/beware_of_dog_signs.html
http://www.animallaw.info/articles/qvusdogbiteslstatutes.htm

Better Dog Signs
"Beware of Dog" signs? Dog_in_yard
"Beware of Dog" signs? Pit-bull
"Beware of Dog" signs? 66_1
Back to top Go down
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

Number of posts : 1025

PostSubject: Re: "Beware of Dog" signs?   "Beware of Dog" signs? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 2:50 am

I love those signs!!

Here, even if you have a dog sign and someone breaks in, if the dog bites they can sue! Thats bullshit! If you know that there is a dog and you still decide to break in... you need to be bit!
I've got one that says "Screw the dog... beware of owner!"
and one that says " My ADT is a Smith & Wesson" ..... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

PostSubject: Re: "Beware of Dog" signs?   "Beware of Dog" signs? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 3:06 am

LOL Twisted Evil I like those!
Back to top Go down
YJSONLY
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2006-11-09

PostSubject: Re: "Beware of Dog" signs?   "Beware of Dog" signs? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 4:31 am

IF SOMEONE TRIES TO COME IN MY HOUSE THEY BETTER PRAY A. THAT I AM NOT HOME B. I DONT GET HOME C. THAT MY DOG DOESN'T GET OFF HIS CHAIN. GOD HELP THEM ON ANY OF THE ABOVE BC IN FL. IF YOUR LIFE IS "THREATENED" YOU CAN FIRE OFF SOME ROUNDS AND LORD KNOWS US COUNTRY FOLKS GOT SOME GUNS!!! HEHEHE
Back to top Go down
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

PostSubject: Re: "Beware of Dog" signs?   "Beware of Dog" signs? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 4:38 am

YJSONLY wrote:
IF YOUR LIFE IS "THREATENED" YOU CAN FIRE OFF SOME ROUNDS AND LORD KNOWS US COUNTRY FOLKS GOT SOME GUNS!!! HEHEHE

LOL!!!!
Back to top Go down
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2006-12-05

PostSubject: Re: "Beware of Dog" signs?   "Beware of Dog" signs? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 9:20 am

Hey, I have the same Pitbull xing sign..I had it made at the county fair..
You know what is funny about the thing said earlier about being sued even if was an intruder and it took place in your house???
You can use a gun for self protection with no repercussion, yet you can't use your dog??? I don't get it!!!!!! Justice really is BLIND...

Not that this relates to the topic but something just came to mind...
If you can hold a dog responsible for attacking someone than I can,,,,

Blame my pencil on misspelled words
Blame my gun for pulling the trigger
Blame my toothbrush for dirty teeth
Blame my mouse for clicking on the wrong answer
Blame the shampoo for getting in my eyes
and so on and so on... lol!
Back to top Go down
http://garage-inc.your-board.com/
Oldfort
Admin
Oldfort

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: "Beware of Dog" signs?   "Beware of Dog" signs? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 10:05 am

The best sign to put out is a "NO TRESPASSING" sign. A beware of dog sign implies potential danger due to the dog and incriminates the dog. The NO TRESPASSING covers it all without laying guilt on anyone but the perpetrator.
Back to top Go down
https://thepitboss.editboard.com
Bullygirl807
mature pup
mature pup
Bullygirl807

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2006-11-17

PostSubject: Re: "Beware of Dog" signs?   "Beware of Dog" signs? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 9:51 pm

I have several of NO TRESPASSING signs posted on my property. I try to protect both my dogs and the public. Not that any of my dogs have any aggressive tendencies but just like a human they will protect their territory if the need should arise. My self and my husband also have some heavy metal for protection as well if ya know what I mean....
Back to top Go down
TEXAS HUSTLE
Jr. Pup
Jr. Pup
TEXAS HUSTLE

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: "Beware of Dog" signs?   "Beware of Dog" signs? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 11:36 am

"Beware of Dog" signs? Canyou
Back to top Go down
Oldfort
Admin
Oldfort

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: "Beware of Dog" signs?   "Beware of Dog" signs? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 12:13 pm

Ok maybe this is just me and PLEASE no one get offended but any WARNING sign that has a pitbull picture or reference on it, IMO adds to the negative image that the public already has. Yeah they are cool and as pitbull owners we love them but I like to tred lightly on the aggressive image. I know it sucks but I dont want to add any fuel to the fire.
Back to top Go down
https://thepitboss.editboard.com
redsky

PostSubject: Re: "Beware of Dog" signs?   "Beware of Dog" signs? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 10:08 pm

The only way to get around that kiomi is a no tresspassing sign up beware of dog means next to nothing.
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: "Beware of Dog" signs?   "Beware of Dog" signs? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 10:11 pm

Oldfort wrote:
Ok maybe this is just me and PLEASE no one get offended but any WARNING sign that has a pitbull picture or reference on it, IMO adds to the negative image that the public already has. Yeah they are cool and as pitbull owners we love them but I like to tred lightly on the aggressive image. I know it sucks but I dont want to add any fuel to the fire.

Andy is right! Putting up a sign with a pit on it is opening yourself up for a lawsuit. It's admitting that you were aware that you owned a dangerous dog hence a weapon!
Back to top Go down
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

Number of posts : 1025

PostSubject: Re: "Beware of Dog" signs?   "Beware of Dog" signs? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 10:58 pm

Thats why mines says "Screw the Dog, Beware of Owner"
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: "Beware of Dog" signs?   "Beware of Dog" signs? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 11:24 pm

Lol Jess. I should get one of those i tend to think i'm more vicious then any pit out there under the right circumstances lol.
Back to top Go down
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

PostSubject: Re: "Beware of Dog" signs?   "Beware of Dog" signs? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 11:31 pm

redsky wrote:
Lol Jess. I should get one of those i tend to think i'm more vicious then any pit out there under the right circumstances lol.

Lmao!
Back to top Go down
trejos kennels
Top Pit
Top Pit
trejos kennels

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2006-11-17

PostSubject: l   "Beware of Dog" signs? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 11:40 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://trejoskennels.bravehost.com
Bluffside
Adult Pitbull
Adult Pitbull
Bluffside

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2006-11-10

PostSubject: Re: "Beware of Dog" signs?   "Beware of Dog" signs? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 12:11 am

I have that same sign lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/bluffsidepits
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2006-12-05

PostSubject: Re: "Beware of Dog" signs?   "Beware of Dog" signs? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 8:02 am

I have the Pitbull xing sign but is on the wall INSIDE the house..
I do however have 5 no trespassing signs posted..
The neighborhood kids, and some adults too, seem to think that my yard is a "short cut" to their destination....... Evil or Very Mad

I know what your saying though Andy, that's why I keep mine in the house..I'm not knocking anyone though.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://garage-inc.your-board.com/
DumDog
mature pup
mature pup

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: "Beware of Dog" signs?   "Beware of Dog" signs? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 10:09 am

YJSONLY wrote:
IF SOMEONE TRIES TO COME IN MY HOUSE THEY BETTER PRAY A. THAT I AM NOT HOME B. I DONT GET HOME C. THAT MY DOG DOESN'T GET OFF HIS CHAIN. GOD HELP THEM ON ANY OF THE ABOVE BC IN FL. IF YOUR LIFE IS "THREATENED" YOU CAN FIRE OFF SOME ROUNDS AND LORD KNOWS US COUNTRY FOLKS GOT SOME GUNS!!! HEHEHE

i knew there was a reason why i still live in Florida......

actually yeah i agree.... you break into my house, you will NOT go out the door on two feet... you will most likely be leaving my premises wrapped in a big black tarp, stuffed in the trunk of my Dodge Omni, and then taken to a local pig farmer...... i dont believe in lawsuits. i believe in "Shoot, Shovel, and Shut Up"..... why give criminals a chance? they're the dumbasses that want to break the law, so WHY do we allow them to rob us blind in court as well???

by the way..... yeah i took a couple of law studies class, but .... dont take legal advice from me Twisted Evil my whole family is in law enforcement, everything from night security, street cops, ATF, and prison guards.... we get a lil fed up sometimes with taking care of the criminals.....
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: "Beware of Dog" signs?   "Beware of Dog" signs? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 7:46 pm

Good deal dumdog. My family is all military, arm and Navy. I'm not military type so i'm the only member that has absolutely no military time and my bro keeps calling saying you can still join you got till 35 ha ha ha.
Back to top Go down
Mikado&Chalice
Top Pit
Top Pit
Mikado&Chalice

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2006-11-30

PostSubject: Re: "Beware of Dog" signs?   "Beware of Dog" signs? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2007 12:56 am

Well someone better have a !!!!! good reason to be in my house. Mikado and Chalice would show the theft where the good stuff is but my old yellow would take the thefts arm. Way to go Maggie.

I love those signs they are cool.

Kiomi I love your banner. That is so awsome.Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Beware of Dog" signs?   "Beware of Dog" signs? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Beware of Dog" signs?
Page 1 of 1