The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

crate & rotate

Go down 
+2
LegendsMami
wheezie wayne
6 posters
AuthorMessage
wheezie wayne
Top Pit
Top Pit
wheezie wayne

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2006-11-11

crate & rotate Empty
PostSubject: crate & rotate   crate & rotate Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 2:21 am

i knwo what this means but can someone explain to me how this works i dont really understand doing this ona daily basis.
Back to top Go down
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2006-11-08

crate & rotate Empty
PostSubject: Re: crate & rotate   crate & rotate Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 2:32 am

When I had to Crate, gate, barricade, lock down and rotate (lol) when Tasha was here I would exercise her, play, train etc w/ her for 2 hours. Then let Legend and Gemyni out and do the same. And then Tasha and so on depending on how my schedule was. Here's a better way of explaining it.
http://www.pbrc.net/rotate.html
Back to top Go down
redsky

crate & rotate Empty
PostSubject: Re: crate & rotate   crate & rotate Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 8:04 am

Kiomi hit it on the head. It's just a set schedule of crate time and out side time where you set up what time they will be crated/kenneled, what time they get free roam, exercise etc.
Back to top Go down
redogDave
Charter Member
Charter Member
redogDave

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2006-11-09

crate & rotate Empty
PostSubject: Re: crate & rotate   crate & rotate Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 11:16 am

It is nessecary especially when the dogs do not get along and you need to keep them separated. not the easiest thing to do with kids around, but it can be done.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gopitbull.com
redsky

crate & rotate Empty
PostSubject: Re: crate & rotate   crate & rotate Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 6:34 pm

Yea it's heck when you got a few that hate each other!! The kids do make it worse to especially if they intentionally or unknowinly let out one that hates the other during eithers rotation!
Back to top Go down
wheezie wayne
Top Pit
Top Pit
wheezie wayne

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2006-11-11

crate & rotate Empty
PostSubject: Re: crate & rotate   crate & rotate Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 10:17 pm

im to big of a softie to do it i guess, i hate having to put rico in his crate, just another reason i couldnt be a breeder lol
Back to top Go down
redsky

crate & rotate Empty
PostSubject: Re: crate & rotate   crate & rotate Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 12:43 am

Well you don't always have behavior issues as a breeder. The only reason i had them when i did is because I had gotten two older bitches who were both dominant and i didn't realize this till to late so I wasn't prepared for the situation. Had I made rayne submit to sierra it would never have started. If you set the dominance on your yard early it helps and sometimes keeps the issues from ever starting. My game dogs never had behavior problems but they all knew who top dog was and didn't challenge her, should one start to challenge another she and I both stopped it quickly. Usually only took her looking up for the others to behave, yes she was a bad bitch lol.
Back to top Go down
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2006-12-05

crate & rotate Empty
PostSubject: Re: crate & rotate   crate & rotate Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 8:14 am

I thank the lord every day that mine get along..(so far)
Rocky is not even a year old yet but I hope like heck that they always get along..Although lately I have noticed some tension when they are playing with their rope swing.... affraid
Back to top Go down
http://garage-inc.your-board.com/
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2006-11-08

crate & rotate Empty
PostSubject: Re: crate & rotate   crate & rotate Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 8:39 am

It gets difficult at times. I just could not trust Tasha around Gemyni for 2 reasons. Gem's a female even though Tasha likes puppies and could be around Gem's crate w/ no tension. Her body language when introducing them on neutral territory was telling otherwise. The second reason Legend was Tasha's. And she !!!!! sure wasnt about to share. lol...even though the last couple of months she was here she wasnt really likeing him too much. lol....One thing I always do when bringing a new dog into the house is keep rank! The dog here the longest gets everything first(food, loves, leash on, outside/inside first etc). UNLESS the older dog lets the others take over. But I've never come across that yet.
Back to top Go down
smokey_joe
mature pup
mature pup
smokey_joe

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2006-11-12

crate & rotate Empty
PostSubject: Re: crate & rotate   crate & rotate Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 9:53 am

I'm on the crate/rotate schedule. I have two dominate bitches. They used to get along, till Sadies turned 13 months old. She would just surrender to anything Mary Jane wanted, then one day, she was like "Nuh uh, no more." They had about a 5 minute fight all over my house and it scared the poo out of me. It all started over a piece of cake one of them knocked off the kitchen counter. My neighbor helped me break them up b/c Joe wasn't home. Sadies made it out with a few scratches, but Mary Jane had some pretty severe vet bills. Sadies tore her chest up. So, we do the crate/rotate thing, and it's worked for a year now. And the weird thing is, one can't stand for the other to be gone. They want to have sight of each other, but no actual physical contact.
Back to top Go down
redsky

crate & rotate Empty
PostSubject: Re: crate & rotate   crate & rotate Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 7:53 pm

Sounds like Rayne and Sierra cept neither wanted to see the other after the fighting started! Some time they would act like it was gonna be alright then soon as one got close to the others crate the would kennel fight like heck! They've both torn into each other so i just put rayne outside which didn't work since sierra yanked her through the fencing so ended up rehoming rayne, she ended up having mange so she got rehomed again. Just got a call yesterday that she is at the shelter in Springfield so now I have to bust ass to find her a home before they put her down. I told the lady to please give me a chance to find her another home I don't want her put down! Her dumb ass breeder wouldn't take her back and this was before mange or anything I just didn't want the fighting to continue so I asked him to take her back he never replied so I ask for the price on one of his pups and get a reply (of course I emailed and chewed his ass up!!!) I also asked the guy I bought her from to take her back and he refused, I hate breeders that won't take their own produced babies back!!! I could never leave one of mine out in the cold like that even if i just took it back and put it down I'm still responsible for that dog I produced and folks need to understand that we are as those dogs breeders!!!
Back to top Go down
smokey_joe
mature pup
mature pup
smokey_joe

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2006-11-12

crate & rotate Empty
PostSubject: Re: crate & rotate   crate & rotate Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2007 9:16 am

Sadies breeder wouldn't take her back, either. But, we understood the circumstances. They were going through some rough times. When it all first happened, we were going to give her away, but just never found the right person. We love her so much, I don't think we would have been able to go through with it, anyways. The crate/rotate thing can be a pain in the old kisser after a while, but it works.
Back to top Go down
Bluffside
Adult Pitbull
Adult Pitbull
Bluffside

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2006-11-10

crate & rotate Empty
PostSubject: Re: crate & rotate   crate & rotate Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2007 10:04 pm

And in most cases with a number of dogs on your yard its a must
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/bluffsidepits
Sponsored content

crate & rotate Empty
PostSubject: Re: crate & rotate   crate & rotate Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

crate & rotate
Page 1 of 1