The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Worms

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Xelleron
Top Pit
Top Pit
Xelleron

Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2006-12-22

Worms Empty
PostSubject: Worms   Worms Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 10:23 pm

Okay so, what are symtoms of worms...

Not in dogs.....

In humans....

Long story, I will tell later....
Back to top Go down
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2006-11-08

Worms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worms   Worms Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 11:27 pm

There was an episode on the TV show "House" where a girl had a tape worm, and she was experiencing abdominal cramps, nausia , the typical signs of being sick.

I say a trip to the doctor is the the best way to find out .....
Back to top Go down
Xelleron
Top Pit
Top Pit
Xelleron

Worms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worms   Worms Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2007 9:37 am

Yeah, the doctors appointment for the wormy person is soon. lol.
Back to top Go down
DumDog
mature pup
mature pup

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2007-02-04

Worms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worms   Worms Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2007 1:15 pm

just curious but... how did they get the worms, if that is indeed what they are.
incidentally i have been told that animal tape worms are not able to live in people.... dont know if there is much truth to that..... but its like mange, there is an animal type mange and a people type mange. supposedly the human body kills those kinds of bugs with ease.... same with Chiggers. they only live on a person long enough to embed themselves, then they die and are of course stuck...

now the one thing i DO know about worms is something i read in a science magazine about the oldest mummies in the world (they are a tribe of Native American indians that lived out on the west coast i believe) they rarely, if ever lived past the age of 24..... all because of worms. the kind of worms you get from walking barefoot in contaminated areas - like where you go to the bathroom, or from eating contaminated raw meat. these worms, if i remember correctly, were hook worms, or pin worms, but most definitely worms that effected the liver and intestines.
INFACT... according to this same magazine... the majority of heart disease problems with people from certain countries is caused souly BY worms.....

i know more about this than i wanna..... my mom used to fuss at me when i was a kid because i wouldnt put my shoes on when i wanted to play outside. she always said "You'll get worms in your feet!" ..... i didnt believe her of course... but then a couple years ago i read that magazine and that is EXACTLY how those indians got worms.... from their kids walking barefoot through the "bathroom" area.....
Back to top Go down
Xelleron
Top Pit
Top Pit
Xelleron

Worms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worms   Worms Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2007 2:36 am

I have no clue how she got worms. I'm not even sure if it IS worms... but there is something wrong with her that has the symptoms of worms. Only thing is she isn't pooping worms out when she goes to the bathroom. (I know, gross to say, but it's weird).

She can't eat a thing every time she does, she has to run to the bathroom. The only thing she can do is drink water, she has constant stomach and abdominal cramping and has dizzy spells a lot, she also just feels just nasty.
Back to top Go down
DumDog
mature pup
mature pup

Worms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worms   Worms Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2007 11:24 am

maybe she's just pregnant lol

ok i'm joking. but... well.... that doesnt sound like worms to me.
and just because they dont show up when she poops doesnt mean she may not have worms. not all worms come out that direction..... certain types do, yes. but not all.

she might have a stomach ulcer, or something as simple as a viral infection.
there are TONS upon tons of stomach ailments that are either minor or deathly serious..... again anything as simple as a stomach virus to stomach cancer. viruses cant be cured, they have to run their course and thats all you can do, just wait it out.
I once had a similar thing happen twice..... when i was fresh out of highschool i was a typical teen, going to college for the first time, nerves on edge, not eating right etc..... i would go for weeks without eating anything substantial. one day my meal of choice (and yes i mean all day long) i nibbled on some raw broccoli, carrots, salad dressing .. a half ass salad i guess you would call it... and i drank some tea.
about 11pm i went to bed.... couldnt sleep because my stomach was making a huge fuss.... then 2am i went to the bathroom and well..... i just got sick. and i stayed sick until noon the next day. everything i ate the day before was... undigested.. gross i know lol it took me years to eat broccoli again. every time i drank something, ginger ale, sprite, coke, more tea, even water.. it all came back up as soon as it went down.
BUT.... my mom asked the nurse at her job what to do.. she said.. either Hot tea, or Hot soup.. nothing cold. so i made some hot tea... sipposed slowly and waited to get sick... but i didnt.... i felt a little better... even hungry.. so i made some chicken soup.... sipped.. waited.... nothing. i was cured! well kinda lol my stomach was sore and cramped from constantly throwing up, but the bug finally left my system.

another time i got sick like that it lasted longer, i caught a virus from someone at work, i had a huge fever that lasted a couple of days. couldnt eat, stomach cramps, throwing up, i slept for an entire week... missed a whole week of work. my boss thought i quit.... but i was the whole nine yards sick..... and it hit fast and hard. one minute i was at work, 9am, talking to a friend about sea food, and as she was talking about my favourites.... just the thought of it started to turn my stomach..... then i had to make a run for the bathroom.. i told my boss, she of course tried to talk me into staying till lunch... "Lunch?? eat??" make a run for the bathroom again. my husband came to pick me up and as soon as i got home a fever hit me and i just passed out on the sofa and slept.... he tried to feed me something but i just wanted to throw it at him.... still i had the cramps, i was dizzy, heck... i lost so much weight that week.... i went from 125lbs to 113lbs.....
so.. dont underestimate a stomach virus..... they can last a short time or a long time, and you never know if its a virus or food poison. it depends on the duration. but yes i hope they see a doctor soon. that stuff is serious!!!
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 799
Registration date : 2006-11-09

Worms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worms   Worms Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2007 8:38 pm

LOL I was about to post the exact same thing, I don't think its worms either, you sure you're friend isn't pregnant?

Ok honest truth. I've ran around barefoot since I was born, I rarely wear shoes I hate em. My kids always run around barefoot, even outside, yea so we are a little country, but worms, NO! It's not like we are running around in feces all day its a clean environment.

Now I have had several cases of ring worm, but they didn't come from my wonderful dogs, they came from NASTY CATS!

I think its funny though, people get dogs and think omg worms, I'm gonna catch em. Honestly there's only one unsanitary way I can think of that you would really get worms from an animal and that's by not washing your hands after you clean up poopie! So wash your hands geez. lol

Hookworms can go through your feet, but I'm tellin ya its not often someone gets em.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.schismatickennels.com
Xelleron
Top Pit
Top Pit
Xelleron

Worms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worms   Worms Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2007 10:20 pm

schismatickennels wrote:
LOL I was about to post the exact same thing, I don't think its worms either, you sure you're friend isn't pregnant?

Ok honest truth. I've ran around barefoot since I was born, I rarely wear shoes I hate em. My kids always run around barefoot, even outside, yea so we are a little country, but worms, NO! It's not like we are running around in feces all day its a clean environment.

Now I have had several cases of ring worm, but they didn't come from my wonderful dogs, they came from NASTY CATS!

I think its funny though, people get dogs and think omg worms, I'm gonna catch em. Honestly there's only one unsanitary way I can think of that you would really get worms from an animal and that's by not washing your hands after you clean up poopie! So wash your hands geez. lol

Hookworms can go through your feet, but I'm tellin ya its not often someone gets em.....

I am DEAD sure she isn't preggo lol.

We made an appointment to go see the doctor. She seems fine today, last night she ate food and it didn't go through her system immidiatly. But we're still waiting.
Back to top Go down
DumDog
mature pup
mature pup

Worms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worms   Worms Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2007 7:56 am

sooo funny lol i mentioned to my cousin today about the worms.. i said someone is worried that someone they know might worms, and they were asking the symptoms. she chuckled and said "itchy butt maybe?"
lol leave it to her to be so dead pan on something like that!

and yeah my mom mostly tried to stop me from running around barefoot because we had a bunch of dogs and puppies, no grass in the yard to speak of.. mostly sand. but i never got worms......
infact... the only time i have ever had problems with my feet was when i worked on a horse ranch. it had been raining a whole bunch and when i went to feed the horses i was wading through ankle deep water. my boots were soaked. it didnt occur to me to clean them or anything..... i just let them dry out but the bacteria from the barnyard muck gave me a horrible case of athletes foot...... lesson learned, lemme tell ya!! i had never had that happen before and dont intend to let it happen again either!

the thing that scares me most is the hook worms. still they're rare yes, but also a possibility. i dont think i'll go around telling my kids the same stuff my mom told me..... for one thing, it didnt stop me from going bare foot..... lol where we live now, i'm more worried about kids stepping on broken glass or rusty nails since this is an old home stead... we've found pieces of "Royal Crown Cola" bottles and ancient canning jars.... not to mention railroad ties with HUGE nails sticking out randomly..... tetanus and staff infections scare us more than worms lol
Back to top Go down
Xelleron
Top Pit
Top Pit
Xelleron

Worms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worms   Worms Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2007 10:22 am

DumDog wrote:
sooo funny lol i mentioned to my cousin today about the worms.. i said someone is worried that someone they know might worms, and they were asking the symptoms. she chuckled and said "itchy butt maybe?"
lol leave it to her to be so dead pan on something like that!

and yeah my mom mostly tried to stop me from running around barefoot because we had a bunch of dogs and puppies, no grass in the yard to speak of.. mostly sand. but i never got worms......
infact... the only time i have ever had problems with my feet was when i worked on a horse ranch. it had been raining a whole bunch and when i went to feed the horses i was wading through ankle deep water. my boots were soaked. it didnt occur to me to clean them or anything..... i just let them dry out but the bacteria from the barnyard muck gave me a horrible case of athletes foot...... lesson learned, lemme tell ya!! i had never had that happen before and dont intend to let it happen again either!

the thing that scares me most is the hook worms. still they're rare yes, but also a possibility. i dont think i'll go around telling my kids the same stuff my mom told me..... for one thing, it didnt stop me from going bare foot..... lol where we live now, i'm more worried about kids stepping on broken glass or rusty nails since this is an old home stead... we've found pieces of "Royal Crown Cola" bottles and ancient canning jars.... not to mention railroad ties with HUGE nails sticking out randomly..... tetanus and staff infections scare us more than worms lol

we have horse poopy all over the yard as our "home made" ertilizer... so you need shoes no matter WHERE you go... there will be pooh, and it's icky pooh at that!
Back to top Go down
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2006-11-08

Worms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worms   Worms Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2007 9:21 pm

schismatickennels wrote:

I do too! My family looks at me like I'm crazy. lol.
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

Worms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worms   Worms Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2007 10:06 pm

lol yea we had dogs, everywhere when I was a child. I dunno maybe I'm just a health concious nut. I walk outside in the middle of the winter, in the rain, etc, no shoes on. I should be more health concious, and I do make the kids put shoes on outside most of the time because we have 7 dogs in the yard, and the chances of stepping in poo is pretty good lol Not really worried about worms, more worried about having to clean poo off feet, and it sucks between the toes. lmao

On the upside, I've never had a tetanus shot either, and I've stepped on nails, needed stiches, etc. Never had tetanus.....One day I'm gonna eat all my words LOL
Back to top Go down
DumDog
mature pup
mature pup

Worms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worms   Worms Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 12:22 pm

my first lesson in tough love involved me with no shoes, a dock, and a nail sticking up about a half inch..... i was in a hurry.. had left something on the dock, ran out the door to get it, ran up the dock, then ran back down.. and well.... thats where i met Mister Nail.... i limped and bled all the way back to my grandmother's house. she said "That'll teach you not to wear shoes on that dock! no dont you bleed on my porch, wait right there and i'll get you a band aid" Neutral

and yeah dog pooh between the toes is beyond nasty!!
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

Worms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worms   Worms Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 8:08 pm

Hey atleast she didn't pour salt or grease in it! My grandparents never babied me either. Laughing
Back to top Go down
DumDog
mature pup
mature pup

Worms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worms   Worms Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 11:17 am

no fortunately i happened to be visiting the RIGHT grand parents that summer..... they're a little more modern than the ones on my mom's side..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Worms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worms   Worms Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worms
Page 1 of 1