The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Evolution

Go down 
+7
Mikado&Chalice
LegendsMami
DumDog
YJSONLY
Oldfort
wheezie wayne
ericschevy
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2006-12-05

Evolution - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolution   Evolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2007 4:39 am

Mikado&Chalice wrote:
Wow you guys surprise me. I didn't know you guys were all bible thumpers. I was hoping that we could have an good open minded dicussion on this topic but I guess not.

Sure we can!!! I was just playin around..
As for the Bible, I have never read it..LOL
Back to top Go down
http://garage-inc.your-board.com/
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2006-11-08

Evolution - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolution   Evolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2007 6:00 am

ericschevy wrote:
Mikado&Chalice wrote:
Wow you guys surprise me. I didn't know you guys were all bible thumpers. I was hoping that we could have an good open minded dicussion on this topic but I guess not.

I havent read it either! lol
Back to top Go down
Anna @ Nikanas Pits
mature pup
mature pup
Anna @ Nikanas Pits

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2006-11-14

Evolution - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolution   Evolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2007 6:13 am

Something to think about though, is that there is not just ONE bible! It seems every religion has their own "VERSION" if not more than one!

When it comes to religion I really don't think there is a right or wrong....it just all depends on what YOU believe. It is a "belief" not proven fact!! Same as the "THEORY" of Evolution! Until science can PROVE it without a doubt it needs to be taught as a theory or belief! I also think the schools need to teach a "religion" class and teach kids that there are various beliefs out there..... Religion and faith is a personal quest IMO and each needs to find his or her own path!

I love to discuss these kinds of things as long as everyone can keep in open mind and realize everyone's beliefs will vary! Respect is the most important thing when it comes to these things. If we can all respect each other and there beliefs, then we should be able to avoid conflicts!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/nikanas
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

Evolution - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolution   Evolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2007 6:41 am

Anna @ Nikanas Pits wrote:
Something to think about though, is that there is not just ONE bible! It seems every religion has their own "VERSION" if not more than one!

When it comes to religion I really don't think there is a right or wrong....it just all depends on what YOU believe. It is a "belief" not proven fact!! Same as the "THEORY" of Evolution! Until science can PROVE it without a doubt it needs to be taught as a theory or belief! I also think the schools need to teach a "religion" class and teach kids that there are various beliefs out there..... Religion and faith is a personal quest IMO and each needs to find his or her own path!

I love to discuss these kinds of things as long as everyone can keep in open mind and realize everyone's beliefs will vary! Respect is the most important thing when it comes to these things. If we can all respect each other and there beliefs, then we should be able to avoid conflicts!!!

Well, If we had them I would give you Rep. Points... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

Evolution - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolution   Evolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2007 6:45 am

I apologise, I was out of order.... Embarassed

Sometimes I get a little flustered and poking fun is how I deal with it..Sorry

I'm a hard headed MAN yunno..LOL
Back to top Go down
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

Evolution - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolution   Evolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2007 6:48 am

LegendsMami wrote:
ericschevy wrote:
Mikado&Chalice wrote:

I haven't read it either! lol
LOL, It has to be something I'm really interested in to be able to read that much..I hate to read...LOL Thus, the reason I'm here.....
Back to top Go down
Mikado&Chalice
Top Pit
Top Pit
Mikado&Chalice

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2006-11-30

Evolution - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolution   Evolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2007 9:59 pm

If you have not read the bible how can you say that is what you have faith in. I personally need to understand everything about the religion or theory or what ever it is to be able to say yes that is what I believe too. As for the bible thumper statement as I read the posts all directed at teaching creation (you did say which creation story) I asumed it was the christian version and discrediting evolution so quickly and with such disdain in the language lead me to believe that you take the bible as the truth to which you live your lives. I'm sorry if I jumped the gun on that assumption.
Back to top Go down
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

Evolution - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolution   Evolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2007 10:31 pm

Mikado&Chalice wrote:
If you have not read the bible how can you say that is what you have faith in. I personally need to understand everything about the religion or theory or what ever it is to be able to say yes that is what I believe too. As for the bible thumper statement as I read the posts all directed at teaching creation (you did say which creation story) I asumed it was the christian version and discrediting evolution so quickly and with such disdain in the language lead me to believe that you take the bible as the truth to which you live your lives. I'm sorry if I jumped the gun on that assumption.

Well, Lets just say that the bible is not the only credible source in of itself.
It's the way I was raised and what I believe..
As I said on the other forum, I am not religious, I'm spiritual.
There is a huge difference between the two.
Thus, meaning: I am not one specific religion.
As for how the bible is interped is the basis on one single religion.
Jehovah's Whiteness read the bible but interpet differently than any other religion.

As for me, I take the best of all of them and draw my own conclusions..LOL
Back to top Go down
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

Evolution - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolution   Evolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2007 12:01 am

ericschevy wrote:

Well, Lets just say that the bible is not the only credible source in of itself.

I agree!
Back to top Go down
Mikado&Chalice
Top Pit
Top Pit
Mikado&Chalice

Evolution - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolution   Evolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2007 11:18 pm

Evolution - Page 2 Icon_minipostSubject: Evolution Evolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:31 am
Evolution - Page 2 Icon_quote

Mikado&Chalice wrote:

Jehovah's Whiteness read the bible but interpet differently than any other religion

The Jehovah Witnesses do know the bible inside out. We(my family) studied with them for awhile. I wouldn't say that they interpret the bible differently they just know it better than some other religions. Eric from your posts I believe that all the religions you use to base our spirituality on are Christian. If I made this assumption in error I'm sorry. IMO Christianity is a religion based on fear and oppression. Thru the ages those of the christian faith have denied others their right to have any other belief but those of the chruch. I could not say that my belief were ever so much better than yours that you can not have yours. This is why I tell people that yes the bible has good stories but that is all they are stories and not the only truth.
Back to top Go down
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2006-11-09

Evolution - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolution   Evolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2007 11:36 pm

Really i dont know what to believe anymore... I just deal with it really.... All i need to know is that i'm here and i have to live my life for me aqnd the kids and thats it.... Neutral
Back to top Go down
wheezie wayne
Top Pit
Top Pit
wheezie wayne

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2006-11-11

Evolution - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolution   Evolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 12:49 am

Pantera2006 wrote:
Really i dont know what to believe anymore... I just deal with it really.... All i need to know is that i'm here and i have to live my life for me aqnd the kids and thats it.... Neutral

thats pretty much how i feel. i believe that it dosent really matter what you beleve as long as your a good person.
Back to top Go down
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Evolution - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolution   Evolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 4:11 am

Yep, and i am a great person Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

Evolution - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolution   Evolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 8:17 am

Mikado&Chalice wrote:
Evolution - Page 2 Icon_minipostSubject: Evolution Evolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:31 am

Mikado&Chalice wrote:

Jehovah's Whiteness read the bible but interpet differently than any other religion

The Jehovah Witnesses do know the bible inside out. We(my family) studied with them for awhile. I wouldn't say that they interpret the bible differently they just know it better than some other religions. Eric from your posts I believe that all the religions you use to base our spirituality on are Christian. If I made this assumption in error I'm sorry. IMO Christianity is a religion based on fear and oppression. Thru the ages those of the christian faith have denied others their right to have any other belief but those of the chruch. I could not say that my belief were ever so much better than yours that you can not have yours. This is why I tell people that yes the bible has good stories but that is all they are stories and not the only truth.

How come your text is so small??, I can barely read it..LOL

I guess you could say that I would fit into the christian title..LOL
From what I understand Jehovah's witness took two references to a man named Jehovah who was one in the same as Jesus, and then formed an entire religion around it...

Ive an honest question for ya though..How can one believe in gods and goddess yet still believe in evolution...
Back to top Go down
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

Evolution - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolution   Evolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 8:19 am

I just realized something..LOL
Do I know how to post or do I know how to post..LOL Razz
Back to top Go down
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

Evolution - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolution   Evolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 8:36 am

ericschevy wrote:
I just realized something..LOL
Do I know how to post or do I know how to post..LOL Razz

LOL.. your so silly! Razz
Back to top Go down
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Evolution - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolution   Evolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 9:17 am

He is eh!!! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

Evolution - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolution   Evolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 9:37 am

[quote=Mikado&Chalice]Thru the ages those of the christian faith have denied others their right to have any other belief but those of the chruch. [/quote]

I hope you dont think this about me!.. Someone's faith doesnt make me think any less of someone or change the way I think of them.
I also am not one to shove or throw my faith down anyone's throat. My grandmom's sister, who I absolutely cannot stand, does this to everyone in the family. And I can not stand to be around that women! lol
Back to top Go down
Mikado&Chalice
Top Pit
Top Pit
Mikado&Chalice

Evolution - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolution   Evolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 9:43 pm

I really don't know why that text is so small. I was having trouble with the computer yesterday:pale:

No Kiomi non was directed to you I was refering more to the Druids and other earth religions.

I try my best to be a good person and to live so that I can look at myself each morning with no regrets. Abe Lincoln said "When I do good I feel good. When I do bad I feel bad and that is my religion. Good words to live by.

I try to keep an open mind about everything. I don't want to be someone that cannot talk about different stuff. I need to know my crap as my dad would say. My dad believed in evolution. He believe in other life forms. UFO's my dad questioned everything. He was a good roll model for the most part.

Amanda and wayne I think both of you are good people. It doesn't matter what you believe and believing in yourself is probably the best.
Back to top Go down
smokey_joe
mature pup
mature pup
smokey_joe

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2006-11-12

Evolution - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolution   Evolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 12:36 am

ericschevy wrote:
Mikado&Chalice wrote:

I believe in God, I consider myself Christian. I was raised Baptist. But, I believe in evolution. I don't see why that couldn't have been God's way of creating man. I know the Bible says He created us in six days, rested on the seventh, and he created us in his image. But, what are seven days to the Lord? Whenever I learn something new, I say, "Oh, so that's how he did it." I don't say, "Nuh huh, couldn't be. Everything in the Bible is literal so that's just that." There are so many different ways to interpret the Christian Bible, we can't all be right or wrong. I think the Bible is a lot like the pitbull breed that we love. It has wonderful potential and man's best friend by itself. But, in the wrong hands, it can be downright deadly.

Mikado&Chalice wrote:

From what I understand Jehovah's witness took two references to a man named Jehovah who was one in the same as Jesus, and then formed an entire religion around it...

Ive an honest question for ya though..How can one believe in gods and goddess yet still believe in evolution...
Back to top Go down
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

Evolution - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolution   Evolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 8:52 am

smokey_joe wrote:
ericschevy wrote:
Mikado&Chalice wrote:

I believe in God, I consider myself Christian. I was raised Baptist. But, I believe in evolution. I don't see why that couldn't have been God's way of creating man. I know the Bible says He created us in six days, rested on the seventh, and he created us in his image. But, what are seven days to the Lord? Whenever I learn something new, I say, "Oh, so that's how he did it." I don't say, "Nuh huh, couldn't be. Everything in the Bible is literal so that's just that." There are so many different ways to interpret the Christian Bible, we can't all be right or wrong. I think the Bible is a lot like the pitbull breed that we love. It has wonderful potential and man's best friend by itself. But, in the wrong hands, it can be downright deadly.

Mikado&Chalice wrote:

Couldn't of said it better myself..... sunny
Back to top Go down
Mikado&Chalice
Top Pit
Top Pit
Mikado&Chalice

Evolution - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolution   Evolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 10:24 pm

Uh Eric you have that wrong on your account of the Jehovah Wittness. Jehovah is GOD in hebrew. I can not locate the scripture that states his name. but Jehovah is father to Jesus. Most churchs say that they are one and the same but they are not this is the difference with Jehovah wittness and other churchs.
Back to top Go down
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

Evolution - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolution   Evolution - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2007 4:18 am

Mikado&Chalice wrote:
Uh Eric you have that wrong on your account of the Jehovah Wittness. Jehovah is GOD in hebrew. I can not locate the scripture that states his name. but Jehovah is father to Jesus. Most churchs say that they are one and the same but they are not this is the difference with Jehovah wittness and other churchs.

LOL, This is exactly my point, It can be interpreted so many different ways, which is one of many reasons I don't read it..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Evolution - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolution   Evolution - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Evolution
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pit Boss :: GENERAL TOPICS :: The Lounge-
Jump to: