The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

funny to me

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wheezie wayne
Top Pit
Top Pit
wheezie wayne

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2006-11-11

funny to me Empty
PostSubject: funny to me   funny to me Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2007 9:52 am

it really funny to me how caught up people are on having a WORKING dog. it seems to me any one with a game breed APBT has a working dog and criticises anything else such as TNT or show lines. what i find so funny about this is what WORK do they actually do, i asked this on game dog and i got someone talking about a springpole. i dont think a springpole is work its more play than anything else in my opinion. so i guess if you have great pullers such as andys your gonna get criticized but if you have some chinaman blood that does nothing but hit the spring and flirt pole you have a WORKING dog, LOL i just find it funny.
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 799
Registration date : 2006-11-09

funny to me Empty
PostSubject: Re: funny to me   funny to me Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2007 10:02 am

LOL, well honestly, spring pole builds up shoulders, mouth, muscle, stamina. So, in a way it is working. Too bad its not a real competition with anything but fun shows. It takes alot for a dog to do some hang time though, so I don't discredit it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.schismatickennels.com
wheezie wayne
Top Pit
Top Pit
wheezie wayne

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2006-11-11

funny to me Empty
PostSubject: Re: funny to me   funny to me Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2007 10:09 am

like i said exercise, i can see someone saying !!!!! hes really working it, but to consider your dog a working dog just because he hits the springpole hard is a little dumb to me. SCH, french ring, OB, agility, WP, these are things i think you can consider work. and everyone of them takes THE OWNER and DOG time to PRACTICE and LEARN. not just let your dog loose and see how much stamina he has on a treadmill or focus only on his physical atribuets.
Back to top Go down
DumDog
mature pup
mature pup

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2007-02-04

funny to me Empty
PostSubject: Re: funny to me   funny to me Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2007 11:08 am

i agree... its like considering your lab a working dog because he will fetch a tennis ball all day long.
sure your pit can hit a spring pole and work at it all day, but will he do the same if he ever goes hog hunting? ..well... maybe. he certainly will have the stamina, but will he know how to do the job right?
work is just that.. work.... means you can take your dog from practice and do a job with him. say like..... you have a weight puller and you're on your way to a competition but your car breaks down. well just hook little Sparky to the axle and let him pull you to the nearest garage. beats the heck out of paying for a tow truck!

.... i'm kidding by the way lol
still i agree.
i guess what they mean by a working dog is they are doing SOMETHING with their dog as opposed to it just taking up room on the front porch or keeping your spot on the sofa warm.
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 799
Registration date : 2006-11-09

funny to me Empty
PostSubject: Re: funny to me   funny to me Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2007 8:20 pm

DumDog wrote:

you have a weight puller and you're on your way to a competition but your car breaks down. well just hook little Sparky to the axle and let him pull you to the nearest garage. beats the heck out of paying for a tow truck!

OMG that's hilarious.......mine would probaby be able to pull the little tercell though. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.schismatickennels.com
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2006-12-05

funny to me Empty
PostSubject: Re: funny to me   funny to me Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2007 10:47 pm

I have noticed that too Wayne, I think a few of them people there are full of them selves..
Back to top Go down
http://garage-inc.your-board.com/
Sponsored content

funny to me Empty
PostSubject: Re: funny to me   funny to me Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

funny to me
Page 1 of 1