The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stray

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DumDog
mature pup
mature pup

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2007-02-04

Stray Empty
PostSubject: Stray   Stray Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2007 12:40 pm

So.... we have a stray pit bull.... or something. She is white, covered in ... dalmation like spots.... and has a docked tail. Cute as she can be, seems to be spayed, its obvious she's never had puppies.. but i dont see a tattoo on her belly.
She's a sweet heart, loooooves kids - though my oldest son cant stand her because she wants to lick him.. he's a cat person anyway.
We cant keep her, though the idea is fun to think about. So far she isnt showing any signs of any kind of training.. She doesnt sit, or lie down. and i'm not sure if she's house broken.... we dont know if it was her or the cat that pooped in the house the first time, but the second time it was her.... at one point she came and sat beside me at the desk, but we had just let her out.... thats when we found the pile... so.. maybe she is, maybe isnt house broken. we only have two neighbours and neither of them is missing a dog. she has impressions on her neck like she had a collar at one time.. so we're thinking someone may have dumped her.
Also she isnt dog aggressive. Kaydee the crippled maniac got ticked off because this little stray was too close to the food bins and she took a bite at her and the little dog just cowered and ran. She is very non confrontational, and VERY submissive towards people, even my kids. Doesnt seem to have an interest in cats either... Zero doesnt like her at all and even took a swipe at her and she just ran away.
When we were outside asking the neighbour's about her she followed close by and didnt wander away from me, so she seems to be a very loyal type dog

The reason i'm typing all of this is because we CANT keep her. we would love to, and we're even making the first mistake of naming her....
If there is anyone in North North/West Florida that might be interested, please let me know. She's very lean, but not unhealthy looking. her teeth look good, so i'm guessing she isnt any older than a year. I'll try to post pictures later.
Back to top Go down
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2006-11-08

Stray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray   Stray Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2007 5:22 pm

She could be microchipped maybe? Maybe you could call the pound of animal shelter near and see if a missing dog report came in w/ her description.
Back to top Go down
DumDog
mature pup
mature pup

Stray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray   Stray Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2007 10:23 pm

i would, because you could be right, but there is no animal shelter in my town. if a pet gets picked up by the ACO they have two weeks before they get pts. where they spend that two weeks is a mystery to me. probably temporary holding kennels at the sheriff's department. She's been out here a few days. my mom first saw her Wednesday morning, and our other two dogs have been going nuts over something mysterious. We had to restrain Kaydee because she kept trying to go out to the road. I guess the reason was because of this little dog. The neighbour's down the street had also seen her but assumed she was one of our dogs.... not sure why. she's a tiny little thing and very streamlined and lean.. my dogs are bulky and tall, about rotty size and they all have obvious colour to them. This girl looks solid white from a distance. the spots are mostly on her skin with a few dark hairs.

we know she HAD a home, because of the docked tail and marks where the collar was, but i wonder about the circumstances of her ending up here. its possible that she was dropped off, people out here like to do that. but its just as likely that she is being missed.
I will call the vet this tuesday, thats when they're open again (lovely town.. vet is only open two days a week tongue )
We figure we'll keep her long enough to either find her owner or a new home. maybe teach her some basic obedience and house training while we're at it.
Back to top Go down
Xelleron
Top Pit
Top Pit
Xelleron

Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2006-12-22

Stray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray   Stray Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2007 7:30 am

Do you have any pictures? That sounds kinda like a dog I know. Her name is "Sweetie" lol. I hope it isn't her.
Back to top Go down
Oldfort
Admin
Oldfort

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2006-11-08

Stray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray   Stray Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2007 11:46 am

Yeah we had a stray show up about 2 months ago. His name is buddy and he is still here. He is a coyote mix and I think he will remain.

Stray Various094
Back to top Go down
https://thepitboss.editboard.com
DumDog
mature pup
mature pup

Stray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray   Stray Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2007 1:55 pm

I hope it isnt Sweetie either! we're almost two hours from you, has she gone missing? I have several pictures of her from yesterday but i cant upload them because my husband's computer crashed and my own POS PC cant handle the software.
after some searching, she looks like this dog Stray BullTerrierBoy
and she has this dogs spots Stray PicWIHenna
, though, most of the spots are on her ears and rear.
I really wish i could show you guys a picture! i am so mad at computers right now!

edit.
Oldfort, just wondering about Buddy. what makes you say he's a coyote? just curious really Smile my grandmother adopted a stray puppy once that we swear to this day was a coydog, or at the very least a carolina dog Stray 100_0452
What sort of personality does he have?
Back to top Go down
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2006-11-09

Stray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray   Stray Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 2:11 am

Awwww I really do hope that she finds a home!!! Or her home!!
I had a dog that was from the Yukon... And she was a Huskey/wolf cross.... !!!!! thing had one heck of a mean streak tho, she had to go to a farm in Quebec....
Back to top Go down
DumDog
mature pup
mature pup

Stray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray   Stray Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 10:36 am

yeah its sad when that happens. i've owned some dogs with a mean streak, but it was usually shepherd, wolf, collie, or husky mixes. they can be territorial and possessive over their family. The difference with my bulldogs and those other breeds in the past is night and day. When Kaydee or the other dogs are playing with a toy, they can take the toy out of each others mouths, play tug with, run away with it, sit on, or chew it to pieces, they just share their toys..but the breeds i mentioned above never could manage it. one dog would guard empty food bowls, one would guard the toys and start fights if anyone got near them, and one dog was just hated by everyone because he was a nasty tempered thief, not only would he steal stuff, but he would protect that contraband and turn vicious!

So far this little pit girl doesnt have any possessive issues. but i still make sure kids stay away when she has a bone or food. if anyone is going to get bitten i would rather it be me and not a kid. God knows we dont need anymore kids in the news because they were bitten by a bulldog.
Back to top Go down
DumDog
mature pup
mature pup

Stray Empty
PostSubject: Update on the Stray   Stray Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 8:10 am

My husband and i decided to call her Cindi... so i guess that means she is staying, especially since no one is claiming her or even come looking for her.

she's cute as a bug but she CHEWS EVERYTHING!! of course... so far the stuff she's chewed hasnt been an issue with me. mostly junk we needed to get rid of anyway, however she did chew up one of the skulls in my collection, but it was my fault for not putting it in the shed where she couldnt get to it. It was just a deer skull, a doe at that, so its no big deal.. i can get another one next year. she chewed that thing up like it was made out of ice cream cone! i could hardly yell at her for it either since it was outside stuffed inside an old flower pot in my mom's yard.

She's also proving to be quite the physical therapist for Kaydee. She will roll Kaydee over and stand on top of her, just mouthing at her, and Kaydee will kick her hind legs up to push her off. And as weak as Kaydee is she has no problem at all knocking this little dog off her feet with just one paw. if i can get my camera program installed SOMEWHERE i'll record a video of it. they're fun to watch. I've never had the chance to see a pit bull and an American Bulldog up close to each other, so its like David and Goliath.
Kaydee has also started wanting to walk more since Cindi has shown up.... jealous mutt. the only problem that concerns me is once Kaydee is back to 100% what will happen next. she is famous for female aggression so i'm worried. Cindi can be a pain in the butt too, and Kaydee has had to show teeth to get her point across, and Cindi just runs and hides... but i have to stay on top of them both to make sure neither one aggravates the other to the point of no return.
Back to top Go down
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Stray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray   Stray Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 10:59 pm

Well thats not that bad... I have had females show teeth at others... But its when they just attack... Dory is bad for dominace.. she would flip out if Pantera would wanna lie by her... Or if Pantera had something and Dory would take it off her, Pantera would go and try to get it back, No luck Dory would attack her! Dory was a bitch like that... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
DumDog
mature pup
mature pup

Stray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray   Stray Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2007 1:30 pm

thats the funny thing about Kaydee... toys are community property. she will allow someone else to take it from her, she likes a good tug o war... but if she has a bone, or food, or something in general that she claims as her own... she gets snarly.
The only times she's ever been involved in a fight was when someone else jumped her first. This little dog isnt a fighter, not at all. She is quirky in some areas. For example, our cat Zero is only allowed to come inside to eat in the evening (he wore out his welcome....) so when we put him outside for the night, the first thing he does is attack Cindi who is usually waiting by the door. she will yipe and run away... but if Zero comes around or is lounging out on the ground or porch, she will circle around him and bark.. trying to goad him into running so she can chase. He trots a few feet and she tries to go after his heels, but she will stop dead and run the other way if he turns to take a swipe at her.
Kaydee has no trouble at all knocking Cindi off her feet with just one paw... (by the way, Kaydee is back to walking again cheers ...though somewhat drunkenly and only for short distances... but still....cheers ) we keep Kaydee confined to her designated area under the porch. and Kaydee knows this is her spot, with out without restraints. I'm noticing more and more of an evil glint in her eye when Cindi gets too close to that spot, where she didnt used to seem to care.
my only guess is that Kaydee is feeling more and more like her old self, which is Alpha Bitch of the dogs (she KNOWs who the REAL Alpha is though)
Kaydee is a typical AB... she guards property. off of her turf and she doesnt care one way or the other, who comes or goes or who touches this or that. but she most certainly doesnt take kindly to strangers. i'm thinking she's just tolerating Cindi because she has to.... its when all four legs are back to normal that i am really going to worry...
Back to top Go down
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Stray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray   Stray Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2007 8:36 am

Well there you go!! It sounds like its going on ok there!!!!! Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content