The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Crazy Thanksgiving Story

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rock Creek Kennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2006-11-09

Crazy Thanksgiving Story Empty
PostSubject: Crazy Thanksgiving Story   Crazy Thanksgiving Story Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2006 1:42 am

Last year on Thanksgiving day, we got a call from a friend of Nikki's sister. He had a pit bull he was needing to find a home for immediately. The dog had wondered up to his work looking skinny and limping. Rather than just leaving it there, he took it in and after about 2 weeks had it back in pretty good health. He really wanted to keep the dog, but had another child on the way and was moving somewhere where no dogs were allowed so that option was out of the question. We had some extra room at the time so we told him that we would take him in and place him.

We show up to his house a couple hours later. Much to our surprise he's a very handsome rednose male with ears cropped and white chest. He also had a very good temperment and we knew right away that there would be no problem adopting him out. On the way home Nikki kept looking at him saying I think i've seen this dog before somewhere, I just cant remember where. She also kept saying over and over how much he reminded her of our dog Jax. After explaining to her that we've been to 8 or 9 shows this year and had seen alot of rednose dogs, this one probably just looks like one she had seen. She somewhat agreed with me but I could tell it was still bothering her.

Well we get home and get the kennel all ready and put him in it. While we're standing there Nikki decides to call a few friends who help with adoptions to spread the word and give a good description of him. The first person she calls is her friend Jessica. She starts describing him to her when she say's "That sounds an awful lot like a male out of Pig that we sold to a friend of ours. He called on Halloween night and said that he had dug out of the fenced backyard and was looking for him." Well she ended up describing him down to a scar on his leg and the collar he was wearing. She even mentioned a little white spot on his back that we had overlooked. Well after him being in the kennel for a total of about 5 mins., we load him back up and head toward town to meet her.

She shows up armed with pictures and the second she sees him she starts crying and says "Oh my God! Thats him! Thats really him! I cant believe it!" Pictures defiently confirmed this to be true. Unbelieveable! We were so happy and stunned at the same time. It was our Thanksgiving miracle!

A couple funny things about this story is that the dog was out of Pig and a daughter of Jax that our friends also owned. I guess thats why it reminded Nikki of Jax so much! Another thing, Nikki had seen him before when he was about 2 weeks old. He was the one she really liked from the litter. I guess that helped her to remember him.

And last but not least, the male was "found" and reunited with his owner on Thanksgiving. Which oddly enough, was also his one year birthday! Unbelieveable!!!

*Everyone if you havent already, go to Petsmart or Walmart(or anywhere) and get a tag made with your dogs name and a couple contact numbers on it. We also put REWARD on every tag that we get made. They're usually only about $5-6 and are worth their weight in gold! This guy would have gotten his dog back ALOT sooner if he had a simple tag on his collar. He just got very, very lucky this time!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Back to top Go down
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2006-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Crazy Thanksgiving Story   Crazy Thanksgiving Story Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2006 2:26 am

Thats a great story!
This guy was very fortunate to get his dog back, i mean what are the odds of him being one of your dogs pups and ends up lost and back with you What a Face

Hemi has his tags, he's also micro chipped and tatooed. I try to stress this with every dog owner i know .
Back to top Go down
Oldfort
Admin
Oldfort

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2006-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Crazy Thanksgiving Story   Crazy Thanksgiving Story Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2006 4:59 am

Great post and avery good information.
Back to top Go down
https://thepitboss.editboard.com
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Number of posts : 1687

PostSubject: Re: Crazy Thanksgiving Story   Crazy Thanksgiving Story Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2006 9:15 am

Awwww Good story!!!
My dogs have all their tags and all, I make sure of it!!! Suspect
Back to top Go down
Rock Creek Kennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Crazy Thanksgiving Story   Crazy Thanksgiving Story Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2006 11:48 pm

Thanks alot! Glad ya'll enjoyed it. I'll tell the story of "Buster" one day when I have more time. Even have a couple pics.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: Crazy Thanksgiving Story   Crazy Thanksgiving Story Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2006 11:56 pm

I tried those tags my dogs chew them off so I decided every dog i breed or buy will be microchipped! They are all in my name for the first year then I give the new owner the right to switch to their names unless it's a co-own agreement and it hasn't been met. I use Avid chips very easy to do and I have a scanner to.
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: Crazy Thanksgiving Story   Crazy Thanksgiving Story Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2006 11:57 pm

Great story by the way and glad it ended well.
Back to top Go down
Rock Creek Kennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Crazy Thanksgiving Story   Crazy Thanksgiving Story Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2006 4:28 am

We use HomeAgain chips, but Avid is very good as well. Most places have universal scanners so long as you get a good brand name chip, they'll be able to pick it up. We always have a tag made for extra insurance, since alot of people don't know about microchips. We always have one tag rivited onto the collar and one dangling from the hook on a key ring.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crazy Thanksgiving Story   Crazy Thanksgiving Story Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crazy Thanksgiving Story
Page 1 of 1