The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Another funny adoption story

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rock Creek Kennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2006-11-09

Another funny adoption story Empty
PostSubject: Another funny adoption story   Another funny adoption story Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2006 5:37 am

Buster was probably by far the coolest adoption dog we ever had. It was early summer when we got the call from a local pet bakery. She said that a client of hers had a stray pit bull show up at their house and even though he was very sweet and gentle, there was no way possible they could keep him. So of course having an open kennel we agreed to come get him and find him a good home.

Well we get to the house and there is this BEAUTIFUL patched brown & white male around 55 lbs. He had an almost solid white head with a brown patch over his eye. The people then started telling us how they had aquired the dog. After a long day of work they both show up to their house around the same time. The wife goes into their house first while the husband is still outside taking care of something in the yard. Not a few seconds later the wife comes flying back outside screaming about a dog in the house! Some what confused the husband goes inside to find this pitbull laying on the couch with his two tiny minpins, just relaxing. Apparently he had jumped their fence and squeezed in through their tiny doggie door and just made himself at home!

The husband really wanted to keep the dog, but the wife wasnt going for it. He went to the pet bakery and told the lady who owns it about what had happened, then of course she called us. While he was there he decided to buy him a new collar, leash, and treats. (around $50 worth) Which of course, he ended up giving it all to us for taking him. Buster defiently picked the right house to "bust" into!

Thats actually how I got his name, Buster Brown. Anytime we take in a stray that doesnt have a name, we always name them. It seems that 9 times out of 10 the person adopting them ends up keeping the name.

Well after interviewing quite a few different people that were interested in him, we couldnt find anyone that we felt totally comfortable with. So after having him for 2 months it was pretty well decided that he was here to stay. He fit in perfectly, just like he had always been there. He got along with all the other dogs great, and showed no aggression at all. We even did some minor weight pull and obedience training with him. I have a spray bottle I carry around just incase someone starts playing a little to rough. I'll give them a squirt in the face and that pretty well ends most altercations. Well Buster would follow me EVERYWHERE wanting me to squirt him with it! He also loved to suck on the tip like a baby on a bottle while I squirted it! It was the funniest thing I had ever seen. He was obsessed with it! I had to hide the bottle so he would go play with the other dogs and not just follow me the whole time!

Well we had him out riding around with us one day, when we ran into an old friend who also has some pit bulls as well. He took one look at Buster and said "Thats a friend of mines dog! He's been missing for months!" So after calling his friend and telling him that we have a big surprise for him, we head across town to meet him. The guy was in disbelief! He said even after almost 3 months they would still go out in the afternoons looking for him. He said his kids would call out the window for him while they drove down the road. (Buster was his kids dog)

The whole time he was offering us a reward. We told him the only reward we wanted was to see Buster again, which he happily agreed. He also said if we ever wanted to stud one of our females to him, we could. Come to find out he was ADBA registered with a pedigree consisting mostly of Crenshaw stuff, including ch. Jeep!

Man we really miss him alot, but are happy he's back with his family! (Especially the kids) Come to find out his real name was Whitehead.

The guy ended up buying a new black leather collar from us that night for Whitehead. He also stopped by Petco on the way hope and had a tag made! Said his kids were very excited to have him back!
Back to top Go down
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2006-11-08

Another funny adoption story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another funny adoption story   Another funny adoption story Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2006 11:44 am

I love it when stories end like this...... back with the fam!! cheers
Back to top Go down

Another funny adoption story
Page 1 of 1