The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Heres a question for ya

Go down 
+5
redogDave
LegendsMami
Pantera2006
APBT4ME
Oldfort
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
American

Heres a question for ya Empty
PostSubject: Heres a question for ya   Heres a question for ya Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2006 12:11 pm

Ok, I've got a question that ya all might think is a little nasty (cause I do) BUT for the sake of arguing with another member on another forum, I'll ask it here to make sure that Im 100% correct, which im pretty sure I am(worked in grooming for 2 years). A lady had posted that her dog had been "scooting" across the floor and she wanted to know why he was doing it....ok so I told her that it was probably a problem with the dogs anal glands, and that she might need to get them expressed by a groomer or vet. Or if you knew how to do it, you could do it yourself. I told her that if anal sacs get impacted they could abscess and it could rupture through the skin causing an unsightly mess and lots of pain for the dog, which is also poisonous to the dog.
I was told the its not poisonous to the dog, but in grooming school I was told that it was... scratch so I guess my question is, is it poisonous or not??
Back to top Go down
Oldfort
Admin
Oldfort

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2006-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Heres a question for ya   Heres a question for ya Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2006 8:10 pm

IT poisonous.
Back to top Go down
https://thepitboss.editboard.com
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

Number of posts : 1025

PostSubject: Re: Heres a question for ya   Heres a question for ya Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2006 10:34 pm

Yes! It is!
Back to top Go down
American

PostSubject: Re: Heres a question for ya   Heres a question for ya Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2006 11:12 pm

YA! GO ME cheers I knew it was....cause I worked in grooming for two years, and took part of a class that teaches how to cut hair and how to remove the hair from the pads. They cover just about everything there is in grooming and my question was one of them.
Back to top Go down
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2006-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Heres a question for ya   Heres a question for ya Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2006 1:28 am

^^^^^^^ ANAL SACS!!!! WTH!!!!!! EXPRESSED???? Shocked Shocked Ummmmmmmm..... WTH!!!!
Back to top Go down
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

Number of posts : 971

PostSubject: Re: Heres a question for ya   Heres a question for ya Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2006 2:14 am

YUP! It's poisonous!
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: Heres a question for ya   Heres a question for ya Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2006 2:35 am

scooting could also be a sign of worms. Did the lady get the dog checked out if you know?
Back to top Go down
Oldfort
Admin
Oldfort

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Heres a question for ya   Heres a question for ya Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2006 5:10 am

Good point Red
Back to top Go down
https://thepitboss.editboard.com
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

PostSubject: Re: Heres a question for ya   Heres a question for ya Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2006 5:34 am

^^^^^^^ANAL SACS!!!!! affraid
Back to top Go down
redogDave
Charter Member
Charter Member
redogDave

Number of posts : 54

PostSubject: Re: Heres a question for ya   Heres a question for ya Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2006 11:50 am

heh heh heh...she said "anal sacs" What a Face
Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.gopitbull.com
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

PostSubject: Re: Heres a question for ya   Heres a question for ya Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2006 2:26 pm

Yes. ANAL SACS! ...lmao
Back to top Go down
American

PostSubject: Re: Heres a question for ya   Heres a question for ya Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2006 10:19 pm

LMAO yes I said it lol! Yeah, redsky she said that she had the dog checked for worms, and that come back negative...so the only other thing I could think of was that the dog had a problem with its anal glands. At first I thought it might of been worms as well, but then she said that she had him checked out for that.

On another note, I've got a cat that h*mps everything... lol! i'm seriously starting to think its got issues.....and its only 4 months old. Cause at first when I seen it I was like scratch whats it doing and then I realized and it was like omg affraid !!! ya all seen the movie click?? Well if you have then you seen the part where his dog enjoys his stuffed duck a little to much...I've got the same problem but with a cat lol!

I dont know what that has to do with the question I asked, just thought I would share it with everyone...lol
Back to top Go down
wheezie wayne
Top Pit
Top Pit
wheezie wayne

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2006-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Heres a question for ya   Heres a question for ya Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2006 10:46 pm

so if its the anal sacs what do you do to get rid of the problem?
Back to top Go down
American

PostSubject: Re: Heres a question for ya   Heres a question for ya Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2006 11:00 pm

You can have a vet or groomer express them. Or if you knew how you could do it yourself. To express the normal glands you just put a finger on each side of the rectum on the outside edges of the anal sacs. You then press towards the rectum, up and inward to trap the sacs. It doesnt have a pleasant smell...lol
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 799

PostSubject: Re: Heres a question for ya   Heres a question for ya Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2006 11:05 pm

AmericanPitbull wrote:
You can have a vet or groomer express them. Or if you knew how you could do it yourself. To express the normal glands you just put a finger on each side of the rectum on the outside edges of the anal sacs. You then press towards the rectum, up and inward to trap the sacs. It doesnt have a pleasant smell...lol

Its the nastiest smell I've ever smelled, and I would prefer someone else do it..lol This happens with ALOT of dogs, its not something uncommon or anything to be alarmed about, unless you don't take care of the problem.
Back to top Go down
http://www.schismatickennels.com
American

PostSubject: Re: Heres a question for ya   Heres a question for ya Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2006 11:15 pm

Right schismatic, I usually wash all my dogs afterwards....I can remember when I first started grooming and seen my boss do that to a poodle, I was like affraid !!! *GAG*!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Heres a question for ya   Heres a question for ya Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2006 11:39 pm

Yep I use to work in a pet shop (and yes I know I was pretty young then) and we had to do anal sacs, did all our own grooming. The first time someone showed me I threw up in the puppy cleaning sink, its definately rank.
Back to top Go down
wheezie wayne
Top Pit
Top Pit
wheezie wayne

PostSubject: Re: Heres a question for ya   Heres a question for ya Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 12:04 am

what if your dog has some rank farts could that be the anal glands?
Back to top Go down
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

PostSubject: Re: Heres a question for ya   Heres a question for ya Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 1:05 am

Hahahahahahahha dog farts are awesome!!! I love it when Harley does that when i have friends over...
LMAO It clears the room Right quick!!! But i wouldnt think so.. That would be what the dog ate!
Back to top Go down
wheezie wayne
Top Pit
Top Pit
wheezie wayne

PostSubject: Re: Heres a question for ya   Heres a question for ya Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 1:18 am

ive had rico clear the room with people gaging, tears in there eyes, i just look at em like jesus tap dancin you aint right
Back to top Go down
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

Number of posts : 971

PostSubject: Re: Heres a question for ya   Heres a question for ya Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 2:06 am

wheezie wayne wrote:
ive had rico clear the room with people gaging, tears in there eyes, i just look at em like jesus tap dancin you aint right

LOL...Legend cleared out the vets examine room once. It was quite embarassing. Everyone was scrambling to get out of the room and we just about pushed each other to get out the door first.
Back to top Go down
American

PostSubject: Re: Heres a question for ya   Heres a question for ya Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 3:08 am

lol! Shocked I like the kind they let when they are sleepin on the couch and let one that sounds like some one is slowly letting the air out of a balloon, the long high pitched ones...then they crack one eye open like it was you lol!
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Heres a question for ya   Heres a question for ya Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 3:10 am

My favorite are those that just kinda weeze out and you hear the air, then the dog looks up, sniffs their ass and runs away like its not his..... geek
Back to top Go down
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

PostSubject: Re: Heres a question for ya   Heres a question for ya Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 3:12 am

.... rofl!

Yeah, Hemi does that. He'll turn around and smell his butt then look like "d@mn, was that me?"
Back to top Go down
American

PostSubject: Re: Heres a question for ya   Heres a question for ya Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2006 3:13 am

cheers Yup LMAO those are the ones that im talkin about!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heres a question for ya   Heres a question for ya Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heres a question for ya
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next