The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!!

Go down 
+5
trejos kennels
Anna @ Nikanas Pits
Oldfort
Bluffside
Xelleron
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
trejos kennels
Top Pit
Top Pit
trejos kennels

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2006-11-17

BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: ok   BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2007 8:17 pm

ok oh well, misunderstanding, or a difference of opinion either way not worth getting mad over nad loosing friends.... Very Happy ...Its kewl Razz
Back to top Go down
http://trejoskennels.bravehost.com
Xelleron
Top Pit
Top Pit
Xelleron

Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2006-12-22

PostSubject: Re: BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!!   BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2007 12:24 am

I agree with not breeding the dog, I kind of regret it ever happening. I guess when I did my research I didn't look in the right place.

My sister has this little heater that if it tips over it turns off and stuff. It's really small but it can warm up a room in an hour. I put it in the garage when I went to sleep there... it was partly for the pups and Brittle (because she gets cold easily) but it was mostly for me.

I haven't let anyone really go in the room besides my mom and I. I snapped at my sister when she picked up one of the pups and I made her put it down.

The puppies are doing great by the way.
Back to top Go down
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2006-11-09

PostSubject: Re: BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!!   BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2007 12:34 am

schismatickennels wrote:
Whew, I'm not bashing you k...but man, your mom should have NEVER bred that dog, you've got alot to learn about breeding and whelping puppies. When you bring other people into your home to view your pups, you can bring in parvo, and all kinds of other nasty things to your pups. This is a huge NO NO! Not only that part of the whelping process is to be sure the mother feels safe and secure with her puppies, and if your bringing other people in right now to handle them, your asking for puppies to get squished because she will now be super over protective of them.

Just a quick question though, did you look on the net and read anything at all about whelping? Honestly, you could have found out most any information that you were looking for on the internet, or at your local library. Accidents happen everyday but this was no accident, and if you or your mother are taking responsiblity to breed a dog, you need to do your research.

BTW, I DO NOT suggest heating pads. If puppies are raised inside I have NEVER used anything extra to boost the pups temperature, the mother and simple blankets you use in the pool or whatever keep the pups warm enough. Heating is the quickest way to dehydrate your pups because they are only getting the milk from the mother at this point. Yes their warmth is important but if you raise your pups inside, there's no reason for extra warmth.

If you are raising the pups in a garage, get a heating lamp, low watts or use bottled water warm it up and put it in the whelping box with the pups, but not a heating pad.

The funniest thing to me is seeing everyone freak over what the mother does, or the pups being too warm, etc etc. Dogs/Wolves have raised puppies outside long before we started breeding them. How do you think they keep from losing an entire litter? I've known quite a few breeders that raised their pups in barns, no extra heat, and had some of the healthiest pups I've ever seen. Stop trippin everyone, having pups is a natural thing and dogs have been doing it forever without our help. Do I suggest you don't help at all NO, but the mother does need to do her job. Let nature take its course.

I so agree... My dog delivered 5 of her 12 outside, in November, In canada... I was affraid man, I didnt want to upset her, so i didnt go and grab them. My hubby did and all she did was lick his hands...hehe But Other then that the babies where in my kitchen... I didnt let no one but me and the kids near the dogs.. Lita got mad.. I dont blame her, I would too, actually i did.. hehe.. But i think too that this breeding could have waited till it was read up on... I studied like never before for the health of my dam and pups...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!!   BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BRITTLE IS HAVING HER PUPPIES!!!!!!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3