The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ITS COMING>

Go down 
+4
ericschevy
schismatickennels
segerspits
Oldfort
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Oldfort
Admin
Oldfort

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2006-11-08

ITS COMING> Empty
PostSubject: ITS COMING>   ITS COMING> Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2007 9:35 am

Just take a look around, I mean really really look into it and Im worried that we are going to lose our dogs and soon. Everytime you turn around another city has passed a dangerous dog law or BSL has passed. The more cities that successfully pass them the faster other cities will pick up on the trend. They dont want to be the only cities where the people "dont feel safe". Its really spreading like wildfire and I can only hope that we will have our dogs in another 5 years!

Everyone including myself need to educate ourselves in regards to our RIGHTS and what the BSL is truly all about.
Ankle Biter
Ankle Biter

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2006-12-22

ITS COMING> Empty
PostSubject: Re: ITS COMING>   ITS COMING> Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2007 10:02 am

amen andy how true you are they are really starting to introduce bsl lawsin more and more cities all the time that is why it is our duty as responsible breeders and pet owners to fight bsl every chance you get not only in towns and cities near you but EVERYWHERE, every voice can make a difference. also it is our job to promote the good side of this breed by showing the general public that these dogs are an asset to the dog world.. get your dogs involved with something wether it be showing, wieght pull, agility, obedience, or something like these events. IT IS UP TO US PITBULL OWNERS TO SAVE OUR BELOVED BREED
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/segerspits
redsky

ITS COMING> Empty
PostSubject: Re: ITS COMING>   ITS COMING> Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2007 7:55 pm

Yep if we don't step up TOGETHER then we will all be left feeling !!!!! dumb and looking it to!!! This is the reason i encourage folks to find out about bsl, help fight and do something positive with their dogs!! If we can show the world these dogs are no different then any other breed then they can't kill off our breed!!!
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 799
Registration date : 2006-11-09

ITS COMING> Empty
PostSubject: Re: ITS COMING>   ITS COMING> Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2007 7:58 pm

On that note, why don't we put in (of course you would have to Andy) a Some sort of bsl section on the board, where everyone can stay up to date on the information and we can post addresses and emails of the people needed to contact. Dates of bsl council meetings.
Back to top Go down
http://www.schismatickennels.com
American

ITS COMING> Empty
PostSubject: Re: ITS COMING>   ITS COMING> Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2007 12:15 am

Yea kinda like the ADBA does....I think it would be a great idea. I couldnt stand loosing my babies, just one question though...if a state bans apbt's who comes to get them where do they go?
Back to top Go down
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2006-12-05

ITS COMING> Empty
PostSubject: Re: ITS COMING>   ITS COMING> Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2007 7:53 am

Yeah, I hear ya...To date there are only 2 cities with dangerous dog laws in Michigan..Detroit and another I cant remember.....
Back to top Go down
http://garage-inc.your-board.com/
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2006-11-08

ITS COMING> Empty
PostSubject: Re: ITS COMING>   ITS COMING> Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2007 8:20 am

I think a BSL section would be great!

We could post up any info we come across to help fight BSL!
Back to top Go down
redsky

ITS COMING> Empty
PostSubject: Re: ITS COMING>   ITS COMING> Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2007 8:27 am

ericschevy wrote:
Yeah, I hear ya...To date there are only 2 cities with dangerous dog laws in Michigan..Detroit and another I cant remember.....

detroits is still up for debate last i checked. They came up with a very good plan. People are goign around educating dog owners on proper training/socialization, this was to be given a trial run before actually inforcing pit bans and such. I think more cities need to consider this, educate instead of looking to kill the breed off!
Back to top Go down
trejos kennels
Top Pit
Top Pit
trejos kennels

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2006-11-17

ITS COMING> Empty
PostSubject: I   ITS COMING> Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2007 9:56 am

fortunatley here in Va we have a state wide law, keeping any BSL from passing.. But I do agree that if everyone sits around doing nothing that we will all be sorry... I think that a BSL section would be great!
Back to top Go down
http://trejoskennels.bravehost.com
Mikado&Chalice
Top Pit
Top Pit
Mikado&Chalice

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2006-11-30

ITS COMING> Empty
PostSubject: Re: ITS COMING>   ITS COMING> Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2007 12:46 am

A BSL section is a great idea. Yep Minnesota is the same way we have a State Danherous Dog Law. I know that the town of Cass Lake tired to pass a BSL law but it didn't go over because the state already has a law about dangerous dogs.
Back to top Go down
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2006-11-09

ITS COMING> Empty
PostSubject: Re: ITS COMING>   ITS COMING> Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2007 12:55 am

I already have BSL... So trust me, i know how bad it sucks!!!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ITS COMING> Empty
PostSubject: Re: ITS COMING>   ITS COMING> Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ITS COMING>
Page 1 of 1