The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WHATZ THE WORD ON YOUR KENNEL!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
redsky

WHATZ THE WORD ON YOUR KENNEL! Empty
PostSubject: WHATZ THE WORD ON YOUR KENNEL!   WHATZ THE WORD ON YOUR KENNEL! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2007 3:19 am

Hey guys/gals lets post up how our kennels started, think that would be cool!!! I'll post mine First i guess lessen someone beats me typing after i enter this lol.
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 799
Registration date : 2006-11-09

PostSubject: Re: WHATZ THE WORD ON YOUR KENNEL!   WHATZ THE WORD ON YOUR KENNEL! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2007 3:23 am

Lord god how many times have i been asked this...I'm honestly just gonna post what's on my site, and you guys can all go from there on it.

The word Schism, from the Greek , schisma (from, schizo, "to split"), means a division or a split, usually in an organization. A schismatic is a person who creates or incites schism in an organization or who is a member of a splinter group. Schismatic as an adjective means pertaining to a schism or schisms, or to those ideas, policies, etc. that are thought to lead towards or promote schism. More generally, especially outside of religion, the word schism may refer to the separation/split between two or more people, be it brothers, friends, lovers, etc. or any division of a formerly united from the state movement in politics or any other field into two or more disagreeing groups.

So, why pick Schism? It's just some "Tool" Song. The song to me actually has meaning, and represents everything that "we" believe should be the standard of the "Pit Bull".

Schism-Kennel's Break down of Tool's- "Schism"

Schism

I know the pieces fit cuz I watched them fall away
Mildewed and smoldering, fundamental differing,
Pure intention juxtaposed will set two lovers souls in motion
Disintegrating as it goes testing our communication
The light that fueled our fire then has burned a hole between us so
We cannot see to reach an end crippling our communication.
(Sk's interpretation concerning Pit Bulls-
The first verse of this song, talks about breaking apart, miscommunication, which hold total relevance to the breed, people misconstrue the meaning by the name, the face, society's interpretation of the dog. Most people "show off" their Pit bulls, they really have no intentions of informing anyone about the breed, or what the breed is capable of. Pit Bulls are conformist, they are loyal to their master. If you make your dog a vicious animal that's what your dog is going to be. Why? Because this is what makes the owner happy, and these dogs are all about pleasing. Communication, teaching, and real socialization with the breed are the only things that will change this breeds "bad reputation")

I know the pieces fit cuz I watched them tumble down
No fault, none to blame it doesn't mean I don't desire to
Point the finger, blame the other, watch the temple topple over.
To bring the pieces back together, rediscover communication.
(Sk's interpretation-
This verse means to me, the pieces were all their once, at one time, this dogs were fighters, but they were also "part of the family" and their breeders took pride in that. It wasn't misconstrued or turned into something that was crude or vicious. I have great respect for what this breed was bred originally for. Look at the second stanza in this verse, "No fault, none to blame it doesn't mean I don't desire to Point the finger, blame the other, watch the temple topple over."

This is exactly what society does to these dogs, owners, breeders, media, label them as "vicious animals" they point fingers right at the dog; they never take the time to blame the owner. If we continue to "point the finger" at Pit Bulls, there won't be any left.
"bring the pieces back together, rediscover communication."

This is exactly what we should be doing with this breed, educating, communicating, and uniting. To me this is all about rediscovering the "TRUE" meaning of Pit Bull, which should stand for, honor, courage, pride, loyalty, and love.

The poetry that comes from the squaring off between and the circling is worth it.
Finding beauty in the dissonance.
(Sk's interpretation-
This is the easiest verse to convert to me, find the beauty in dissonance. This to me is like looking an innocent child in the face, and blaming him for everything that his parents taught him to do. We have to look beyond the media hype, beyond the circle that once was "Pit Fighting" and get back to today's Pit Bull. Which if you've read any of this, a loving, loyal companion. (With a little added in fire for drive and protection)

There was a time that the pieces fit, but I watched them fall away.
Mildewed and smoldering, strangled by our coveting
I?ve done the the math enough to know the dangers of a second guessing
Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication.
(Sk's interpretation-
Want to be a pit bull owner, study this !!!!! verse! Do your math, know the background, research every facet of the "American Pit Bull Terrier" Learn the lines, what's game what's not, what line would fit into your home. Unless we communicate, educate and reform this breed, they are "doomed to crumble unless we grow."

"Know the dangers of a second guessing"
Definitely, this is so important in raising your APBT. Know what this dog is capable of. Leashes, chains, kennels are essential for this breed, but then again you wouldn't let your 2 year old wonder off into an intersection would you?

Cold silence has a tendency to atrophy any sense of compassion.
This should all become clear at this point, but if not, I'll keep on. Silence, is the barrier between the old APBT and the new APBT. Compassion and communication are what is going to keep this breed afloat.

Between supposed lovers
Between supposed lovers.
This was thrown in here, doesn't even hold any relevance whatsoever, so dislodge it from this song and your memory lol

And I know the pieces fit.
Is it any wonder I picked this song to hold relevance to what I believe the breed is??

So there ya have it folks, I based my kennel name off a Tool song. Split it into parts and made it my official pit bull song. Ain't that special? lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.schismatickennels.com
redsky

PostSubject: Re: WHATZ THE WORD ON YOUR KENNEL!   WHATZ THE WORD ON YOUR KENNEL! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2007 3:30 am

As most of you know I am red sky, this is because i started out with all red noses back in NC well some of you know about the situation that i ended up here and without my red noses but I'll just say I left a husband and lost all my dogs had to start over. I started out with redboy (main line), colby and jeep (I've never run just one line and never will!) I don't knock anyone that does run one line though cause that takes alot of hard work! Anyways when i moved to IN I had decided to give up my passion of breeding then my brother in law brought me Sola (who i gave to my mom) he knew i hated black noses (no disrespect just not my cup of tea!) but since i have actually started liking them lol (red noses still my heart!!!) Well when i first got here (Indiana) I got Sola gave her to my mom, I bought rayne, and triton and met Sabrina co-owned Sierra! Well crap hit the fan with both rayne and triton (not gonna get into that this post is long enough lol).

Anyways after reviewing what i had and where i want to go (SUPERDOG!) I decided I needed a !!!!! awesome male! So i looked around, really wanted gaff but that didn't happen ended up getting my male midas from nevada (100% Nevada Wink ) he is the only 100% dog i have or will have till my line is founded!! Anyways sierra is ruffian/york on top and evans with some scatter crap on bottom. Kikie is off sierra and was bred to a male with edge, bayoucity, brookville (very proud of my bred by bitch and how she is turning out). Well then i have chaka to who is from Brandy moore off Blue havens on bottom and edge mostly up top.

Anyways my goal is to produce a structurally correct dog, with heck of drive thus my super dog! One that is not so driven it doesn't listen but not so dang submissive it can't work! Yep i'm breeding game to show and it's gonna be one awesome product in the end considering all show dogs came from game in the beginning anyway! I'm just putting back what some idiots took out.

Oh darn forgot to mention i will have one to two more one hundred percent dogs to add in! I'm gonna get 100% gaff female, possibly 100% nevada female and i'm gonna breed one or both to a pure tnt male Wink! I'm also considering a bourdeaux out as well!

Last edited by on Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: WHATZ THE WORD ON YOUR KENNEL!   WHATZ THE WORD ON YOUR KENNEL! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2007 3:30 am

Chelle you cheater!
Back to top Go down
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2006-11-08

PostSubject: Re: WHATZ THE WORD ON YOUR KENNEL!   WHATZ THE WORD ON YOUR KENNEL! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2007 3:58 am

redsky wrote:
Chelle you cheater!

....lol

Ok, I'm going to make along story short lol ......

Well, mine is just starting but I've always loved for APBTs. More so after I owned Major, my Sorrells bred male.
Working breeds have always been fav. Watching a dog work is such an adrinaline(s/p) rush ...lol
So putting those two together and with the breed getting so far out of wack, I decided to start something that would give back something that keep getting taken away..... function, structure and temperment... the three most important aspects of the breed.
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 799
Registration date : 2006-11-09

PostSubject: Re: WHATZ THE WORD ON YOUR KENNEL!   WHATZ THE WORD ON YOUR KENNEL! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2007 3:58 am

hahah yes yes I am...cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.schismatickennels.com
Oldfort
Admin
Oldfort

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: WHATZ THE WORD ON YOUR KENNEL!   WHATZ THE WORD ON YOUR KENNEL! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2007 1:06 pm

I have had APBT's as a child and always loved the breed. But in the begining I was just another uneducated owner who had all the wrong ideas about the dogs.

Honestly we just kind of fell into being a kennel. We never really planned on it but we bought Rebel and decided to start weight pulling. We had the dreams of breeding and getting rich HAHAHAHAHAH if we could make him a show champ and a pulling champ. Then I was given Bailey as payment for breaking a horse for RCK. So now I had these two dogs that we were showing and pulling. They were doing well. We began to learn more and more, I sold off all my other hobbies to persue the dogs. Then I stumbled across Gracie and started looking at getting more dogs to compete with. So we decided to start a kennel out of necessity for better weight pullers and conformation dogs.

The name was hard at first, We thought of calling it BlackWidow kennels because they are abundant out here. (we killed 74 last year) Anyways as APBT's already have a negative styreotype i wanted to avoind any Threatning or Aggressive sounding kennel. We live in OLDFORT TN and that kind of had a ring to it, thus OLDFORT KENNELS was born
Back to top Go down
https://thepitboss.editboard.com
redsky

PostSubject: Re: WHATZ THE WORD ON YOUR KENNEL!   WHATZ THE WORD ON YOUR KENNEL! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2007 8:35 pm

Oldfort wrote:
I have had APBT's as a child and always loved the breed. But in the begining I was just another uneducated owner who had all the wrong ideas about the dogs.

Honestly we just kind of fell into being a kennel. We never really planned on it but we bought Rebel and decided to start weight pulling. We had the dreams of breeding and getting rich HAHAHAHAHAH if we could make him a show champ and a pulling champ. Then I was given Bailey as payment for breaking a horse for RCK. So now I had these two dogs that we were showing and pulling. They were doing well. We began to learn more and more, I sold off all my other hobbies to persue the dogs. Then I stumbled across Gracie and started looking at getting more dogs to compete with. So we decided to start a kennel out of necessity for better weight pullers and conformation dogs.

The name was hard at first, We thought of calling it BlackWidow kennels because they are abundant out here. (we killed 74 last year) Anyways as APBT's already have a negative styreotype i wanted to avoind any Threatning or Aggressive sounding kennel. We live in OLDFORT TN and that kind of had a ring to it, thus OLDFORT KENNELS was born

Ha ha Andy thought ya were gonna get rich eh? I never looked at breeding as a source of money cause even the first litter i ever whelped cost me a nice penny but I researched and educated myself long before ever doing my first litter. I whelped two that weren't mine and set in on a few to make sure it would be cool for me. I even dealt with whelping a litter of dead pups before hand, sometimes you don't understand how emotional things can be and I had to make sure i could handle having a litter of dead pups born as it can happen to anyone!

I also was raised with pits (most were pit mixes, gsds, etc) my dad was a true dog lover, mom was/is somewhat. She just doesnt like doing the work behind them. I love all animals though. I bred white mice as a kid, always had cats and kittens then we had our dogs that were outside none where inside (probably why i feel the need to have mine all inside).
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: WHATZ THE WORD ON YOUR KENNEL!   WHATZ THE WORD ON YOUR KENNEL! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2007 9:30 pm

bump bump more then four of us here let's get the details yall. What lines your running and all that good stuff!
Back to top Go down
Mikado&Chalice
Top Pit
Top Pit
Mikado&Chalice

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2006-11-30

PostSubject: Re: WHATZ THE WORD ON YOUR KENNEL!   WHATZ THE WORD ON YOUR KENNEL! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2007 11:36 pm

I don't have a kennel nor do I want one I think you guys are doing a great job at eeping the APBT pure. I want to start a Bully rescue in my area and I want to name it Racrahmus (pronounsed rock-rah-mus) it is hebrew for compassion. I hope to be able to do this in the near future. We all have dreams and this is mine.
Back to top Go down
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

Number of posts : 1025

PostSubject: Re: WHATZ THE WORD ON YOUR KENNEL!   WHATZ THE WORD ON YOUR KENNEL! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2007 11:43 pm

Mikado&Chalice wrote:
I want to start a Bully rescue in my area and I want to name it Racrahmus (pronounsed rock-rah-mus) it is hebrew for compassion. I hope to be able to do this in the near future. We all have dreams and this is mine.

Sounds like a great one to me!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Mikado&Chalice
Top Pit
Top Pit
Mikado&Chalice

PostSubject: Re: WHATZ THE WORD ON YOUR KENNEL!   WHATZ THE WORD ON YOUR KENNEL! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2007 11:45 pm

Thank you!!!!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: WHATZ THE WORD ON YOUR KENNEL!   WHATZ THE WORD ON YOUR KENNEL! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2007 12:54 am

Yep sounds great!
Back to top Go down
Oldfort
Admin
Oldfort

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: WHATZ THE WORD ON YOUR KENNEL!   WHATZ THE WORD ON YOUR KENNEL! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2007 3:28 am

Sounds like a great idea
Back to top Go down
https://thepitboss.editboard.com
Mikado&Chalice
Top Pit
Top Pit
Mikado&Chalice

PostSubject: Re: WHATZ THE WORD ON YOUR KENNEL!   WHATZ THE WORD ON YOUR KENNEL! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2007 5:26 am

Thank you everyone. I have alot people interested in starting a Pitbull Club. We are going to start it is April as it is really hard on everyone around here when it is cold. I was thinking that we could have shows and generate money to put towards the rescue and hopefull buy the land somewhere close to the three counties. Then have raffles and auctions and other stuff to start the building fund. The Hubbard county Humane Society was able to do it this way and the building was paid in full when they opened. I have looked into 501c3 can't file it until I have aboard together can't put the board together until we find out who all wants to be part of the club. I hope that it all works out.
Back to top Go down
Anna @ Nikanas Pits
mature pup
mature pup
Anna @ Nikanas Pits

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2006-11-14

PostSubject: Re: WHATZ THE WORD ON YOUR KENNEL!   WHATZ THE WORD ON YOUR KENNEL! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2007 6:01 am

Mikado&Chalice wrote:
Thank you everyone. I have alot people interested in starting a Pitbull Club. We are going to start it is April as it is really hard on everyone around here when it is cold. I was thinking that we could have shows and generate money to put towards the rescue and hopefull buy the land somewhere close to the three counties. Then have raffles and auctions and other stuff to start the building fund. The Hubbard county Humane Society was able to do it this way and the building was paid in full when they opened. I have looked into 501c3 can't file it until I have aboard together can't put the board together until we find out who all wants to be part of the club. I hope that it all works out.

Good luck with all that! I sincerly wish you the best!!! If it's one thing this breed, or any animal for that matter, needs is kind, loving ppl willing and able to help them!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/nikanas
Mikado&Chalice
Top Pit
Top Pit
Mikado&Chalice

PostSubject: Re: WHATZ THE WORD ON YOUR KENNEL!   WHATZ THE WORD ON YOUR KENNEL! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2007 8:18 am

Isn't that the truth. We have a lot of closet pitbull onwers. People are affraid to say that yeah I have Pitbull lookat what a great dog they are because most people think of gangs and drugs and fighting when you say pitbull. I have had people tell me they didn't think a nice girl like me would have one of those mean dogs. LOL then I tell them I take Mikado to the nursing homes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHATZ THE WORD ON YOUR KENNEL!   WHATZ THE WORD ON YOUR KENNEL! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WHATZ THE WORD ON YOUR KENNEL!
Page 1 of 1