The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My Kennel Idea

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2006-11-08

My Kennel Idea Empty
PostSubject: My Kennel Idea   My Kennel Idea Icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2006 11:50 pm

Just thought I would thro up my kennel idea for everyone to see and share their thoughts, opinions and ideas. Here goes...

The basics-
To start of I would like for my kennel to be more of a working kennel than a breeding kennel. What i mean by that is my dogs will be more for working than breeding. I only plan on having 1 litter every 2 years and only having about 7 to 8 dogs in my yard. The pups will either be farmed out to other working kennels with the same ideas/intesions or sold at working mans price (not expesive) to screened and approved home only who plan on show or wp.
So i won't be a big kennel but more of a small efficient working dog kennel striving to preserve the working abilities of the APBT and the American Bully.

Dogs I intend to have-
I will have two styles/breeds of dogs.
The first will be the traditional style APBT used for conformation show and weight pull. These dogs will be UKC, ADBA and/or AADR reg. or another reg with this standard type.
My second will the American Bully. Not the overdone type, but athletic and hard working, used strictly for weight pull and may try ABKC conformation showing. Each AB will be UKC/ABKC registered.

The Yard-
The yard will have three settings.
1) will be the kennel area. Each kennel will be 10x15 and 6ft high. and will only be in kennels at night.
2) will be the tie out area which will have the "trolly system". Each trolly will be 50ft long. This is the area where they will be during the day.
3) will be the training area. Where we will do all show and pull training.

Other notes-
I will have contracts for stud services, pups and agreements that will be signed and notorized.
All dogs will eats premium food and will have yearly vet check-ups.
All pups will have necessary health certificates vet recommendations before leaving and will be at least 8 weeks of age.

All pups that show any sign of questionable behavior/temperment will be kept until 4 months of age to detemine temperment/ability. Any that come out a negative will be pts. No questioned asked.
I am and will be very strict on this. No bad temperments will leave my yard!

How does it look so far Razz
Back to top Go down
redsky

My Kennel Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Kennel Idea   My Kennel Idea Icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2006 11:55 pm

Sounds good.
Back to top Go down
American

My Kennel Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Kennel Idea   My Kennel Idea Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2006 12:00 am

Yup sounds real good. I just recently started using the trolly system. Its not 50ft but at least they arent stuck in one spot. I'm sure your gonna have a lot of Champions in your yard midwest cheers
Back to top Go down
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2006-11-09

My Kennel Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Kennel Idea   My Kennel Idea Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2006 1:40 am

wow!!!! Sounds great!!! Shocked Definatly like you know what you are goina do.... Great Job!!!! tongue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Kennel Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Kennel Idea   My Kennel Idea Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Kennel Idea
Page 1 of 1