The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Breeding/Whelping pen

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Oldfort
Admin
Oldfort

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2006-11-08

Breeding/Whelping pen Empty
PostSubject: Breeding/Whelping pen   Breeding/Whelping pen Icon_minitimeWed Nov 15, 2006 12:14 pm

Has double fence and electric on outside at the bottom so we can put our girls in heat inside and not have them bred by unwanted suitors.

Still working on it, will be covering the kennel with a metal roof and cleaning up some.

Breeding/Whelping pen Yardtour003

Breeding/Whelping pen Yardtour004
Back to top Go down
https://thepitboss.editboard.com
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

Number of posts : 971

PostSubject: Re: Breeding/Whelping pen   Breeding/Whelping pen Icon_minitimeWed Nov 15, 2006 12:26 pm

Great idea!!
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: Breeding/Whelping pen   Breeding/Whelping pen Icon_minitimeWed Nov 15, 2006 7:06 pm

Oldfort wrote:
Has double fence and electric on outside at the bottom so we can put our girls in heat inside and not have them bred by unwanted suitors.

Still working on it, will be covering the kennel with a metal roof and cleaning up some.

Breeding/Whelping pen Yardtour003

Breeding/Whelping pen Yardtour004

Mine are in house but i like your setup. Here is the whelping box i usually build (used pools last year since I had two drop six or 8 days apart didn't want to build two boxes). This was my set up in NC. I now have a room in our basement just for whelping. I will go down and clean up and get some pics, yea it's a mess right now. I've moved the pool out and put a kennel in there and my mom's nutso girl is in there she moves the kennel all around and chews what ever she can so stuff is everywhere lol.

Breeding/Whelping pen Th_FacesandtheWhelpingbox005
Breeding/Whelping pen Th_FacesandtheWhelpingbox003
Breeding/Whelping pen Th_FacesandtheWhelpingbox004
Breeding/Whelping pen Th_Mokasfirstlitter002
Breeding/Whelping pen Th_Mokasfirstlitter001
Breeding/Whelping pen Th_Facesbelly001

Last edited by on Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: Breeding/Whelping pen   Breeding/Whelping pen Icon_minitimeWed Nov 15, 2006 7:12 pm

Here are a few pics from my 05 litter (only one litter that year) off my redboy lines but in these pics I thought she was done so had cleaned everything up changed everything and she pushed two more out shortly after that lol. i was like geez Moka your not gonna have any clean stuff if you keep it up (she had 11 pups two were still born). BTW you can click on these pics to enlargen them.

Breeding/Whelping pen Th_Mokasfirstlitter018
Breeding/Whelping pen Th_Mokasfirstlitter014
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 799
Registration date : 2006-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Breeding/Whelping pen   Breeding/Whelping pen Icon_minitimeWed Nov 15, 2006 8:23 pm

It's better than a chastity belt! lol I'm ready to get our mess done in Feb or March.
Back to top Go down
http://www.schismatickennels.com
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Number of posts : 1687

PostSubject: Re: Breeding/Whelping pen   Breeding/Whelping pen Icon_minitimeWed Nov 15, 2006 11:50 pm

Both you guys are doing great jobs with your dogs and kennels!!!! It must be hard to keep up with all that stuff.... I had 1 litter of 12 and wanted to jump off a bridge!!! I learned my lesson to be more carefull!! But if i had the space, i would so do it!!!
Back to top Go down
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

Number of posts : 1025

PostSubject: Re: Breeding/Whelping pen   Breeding/Whelping pen Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2006 12:37 am

The outside fence is electric? Great idea!
I can only imagine what a APBT/coyote pup would look like .....lmao
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Breeding/Whelping pen   Breeding/Whelping pen Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2006 1:28 am

MidwestBully wrote:
The outside fence is electric? Great idea!
I can only imagine what a APBT/coyote pup would look like .....lmao

Oh man that wouldn't be kewl....hahha
Back to top Go down
Oldfort
Admin
Oldfort

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Breeding/Whelping pen   Breeding/Whelping pen Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2006 1:52 am

In reality I shouldnt call it the whelping pen. The actuall whelping pen will be inside our building and climate controlled with regualted acess to outside.

The picture is acutally a holding pen for females in heat. I can keep them there and only the male that I want will be accessible to them...........Alot like an arranged marriage:)
Back to top Go down
https://thepitboss.editboard.com
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Breeding/Whelping pen   Breeding/Whelping pen Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2006 1:54 am

Oldfort wrote:
In reality I shouldnt call it the whelping pen. The actuall whelping pen will be inside our building and climate controlled with regualted acess to outside.

The picture is acutally a holding pen for females in heat. I can keep them there and only the male that I want will be accessible to them...........Alot like an arranged marriage:)

Arranged marriage only works with doggies.......that ain't right..lmao
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breeding/Whelping pen   Breeding/Whelping pen Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Breeding/Whelping pen
Page 1 of 1