The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Question about breeding....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2006-11-09

Question about breeding.... Empty
PostSubject: Question about breeding....   Question about breeding.... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2007 3:00 am

Ok, i know that i asked this before, But i have a friend that is breeding her American bulldog... She has never bred this dog before and she is 23 months old i believe she said, Ummmm The male that she is breeding with , is not locking.... He gets it done, but there is no lock.... I know that my neighbour had the same prob, and there was no pups, but she breed only once, My friend bred for 3 days straight.. I have heard of "slip mating" but i need to know what you guys think... any advice will be awesome!!!! Thanks
Back to top Go down
Bullygirl807
mature pup
mature pup
Bullygirl807

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2006-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Question about breeding....   Question about breeding.... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 10:02 pm

We had the same problem before with one of our pairs, so I took them both to the vet to make sure there wasn't any problems. He said sometimes you need to use and experienced female with an inexperienced male. There labeedo, so to speak can get thrown off. We also had another first time male that did the same thing the first time we went to breed him and did just fine the second time. I can only pass along to you what I was told by the vet.
Back to top Go down
redsky
Jr. Pup
Jr. Pup
redsky

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Question about breeding....   Question about breeding.... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 4:04 am

In the case like this if you really really want that breeding and reassurance on it get an AI. There have been cases where a breeding took off no tie but the odds are almost none!
Back to top Go down
http://www.redskypitbulls.net
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2006-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Question about breeding....   Question about breeding.... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 2:52 am

Update...
So yea, The breeding didnt take.... So what they have decided to do was fix the dog..... She said it will be easier anyway.. No blood.... LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about breeding....   Question about breeding.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question about breeding....
Page 1 of 1