The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Still no baby....

Go down 
+3
DumDog
wheezie wayne
schismatickennels
7 posters
AuthorMessage
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 799
Registration date : 2006-11-09

Still no baby.... Empty
PostSubject: Still no baby....   Still no baby.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2007 10:06 am

Ok I've sworn off anyone guessing a date at all! lol

I've dialated a little and the dr tried to work some magic today, so we'll see how that goes. I'm still in waiting.

Sad Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://www.schismatickennels.com
wheezie wayne
Top Pit
Top Pit
wheezie wayne

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2006-11-11

Still no baby.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Still no baby....   Still no baby.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2007 10:10 am

man i bet your ready to get that baby out lol. you gotta post some pics up of the little one.
Back to top Go down
DumDog
mature pup
mature pup

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2007-02-04

Still no baby.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Still no baby....   Still no baby.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2007 10:42 am

is this your first one?
my first born was a week late.
i suspect that my last doctors appointment the doctor "did" something to move things along just because one of the midwives said "Did you see Dr. Flippin? We're gonna have to talk to her.. seems like this always happens when she sees over due moms......" at first i wasnt concerned about IF she did anything... that is until i had fricken complications, baby stressing, wasnt dilating past 4 centimeters, baby stressing at contractions and then needing an emergency C-section.... soooo.... yeah.... i kinda believe in letting them come when they're ready, but then again i'm aware that sometimes they HAVE to come out eventually... my kid weighed 7 pounds and 12 ounces..... thats plenty big enough for a person of my stature... i dont think i would have wanted him to stay in there and grow to 8, 9 or 10 pounds more.

my next appointment is on the 12th..... my due date is the 15..... so once again i'm afraid someone is gonna "help" this one along too.... sorry i'm not very trusting and dont have much faith in doctors, hospitals or medical "professionals" ... no offense towards anyone that works in that field... its just my own hang ups and paranoia... but its well founded lol

well, what ever happens, good luck, and i wish you the best!!
and yes post pictures!!
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

Still no baby.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Still no baby....   Still no baby.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2007 8:31 pm

Definately not my first baby. All he did was strip my membranes, which isn't actually a big deal its just basically seperation of the amniotic sac from around the cervix, and giving a little more to do. My water doesn't break naturally, so the procedure doesn't hurt anything.

The problem wouldn't be waiting on the baby, IF, I wasn't in about constant false labor 90% of the time, for the last 2 weeks. I haven't officially talked to him about doing an induction but I go back on Monday, and if there is no baby I'm begging. I don't do medication, and my babies are around 61/2 lbs, I don't want her bigger than that either. Hard enough having them completely natural with no medication. She's ready, healthy, and so am I. So, I'm ready to get this over with and hold my daughter.

My other children were born on their due date, with no complications, my last child, I was prolonged, and they didn't break my water right away or help me out at all, and after 16 hrs of labor, I wound up in the OR. Not happening again, I'll kill a dr.

I will definately post pictures when she finally makes her appearance. I am very impatient! lol
Back to top Go down
Anna @ Nikanas Pits
mature pup
mature pup
Anna @ Nikanas Pits

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2006-11-14

Still no baby.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Still no baby....   Still no baby.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2007 11:12 pm

Ahhhh the joys of what i get to look forward to! LOL Thanks so much for reminding me!! LMAO My first too were both natural, my second give me a little trouble (I'll kick that doc if she comes near me agian LOL) but, I hope all will go well with this one. *crossing my fingers*

I got my fingers crossed for you guys too! Hope that everything goes well!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/nikanas
Oldfort
Admin
Oldfort

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2006-11-08

Still no baby.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Still no baby....   Still no baby.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2007 11:49 pm

YET???

I forgot but you have one coming too ANNA!!! It has to be getting close for you too?
Back to top Go down
https://thepitboss.editboard.com
Anna @ Nikanas Pits
mature pup
mature pup
Anna @ Nikanas Pits

Still no baby.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Still no baby....   Still no baby.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2007 1:21 am

Oldfort wrote:

I forgot but you have one coming too ANNA!!! It has to be getting close for you too?

Oh I still got a couple of months yet. June I think, will find out Friday an actual due date.
Back to top Go down
DumDog
mature pup
mature pup

Still no baby.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Still no baby....   Still no baby.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2007 7:44 am

must be something in the water.... lol
with my first i didnt even know i was having contractions. they started around 3pm that day, a lil uncomfy but.... what ever.... they got a little closer together, still i kept thinking "ha! you're not fooling me! contractions are supposed to hurt, and this doesnt, so i'm just gonna ignore it."
well.... 1 am my husband got home (he went out with some friends that night) we were sitting on the sofa watching tv together when..... "it broke"...had to run to the bathroom in a hurry. then we did the routine, bag packing, phone calling, getting the house ready to be empty for a couple of days, arrange for the dog to be fed and walked....
i told my cousin all of that and she said the obvious... no... when they hurt its TOO LATE! lol what ever, it still didnt hurt until like.... four or five hours later..... of course by then i was begging for the epidural cause i would throw up at every contraction.... of course if i had known i was getting a C-section i would NOT have waited five hours for pain relief!!

I am sooooo hoping and praying i dont go through all of that again.
i !!!!! sure dont want another surgery. but i am preparing myself mentally for any possibility. this pregnancy was totally unplanned and out of the blue and WAY too close to the last one..... i wanted to wait at least two years before having another..... didnt happen. my two boys will be 18 months apart. not to mention there are certain risk factors for having them so close after a C-section.... so... ugh.. worry worry worry lol
Back to top Go down
Anna @ Nikanas Pits
mature pup
mature pup
Anna @ Nikanas Pits

Still no baby.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Still no baby....   Still no baby.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2007 8:26 am

Well try not to worry too much, ya I know, WAY easier said then done!! LOL But I wish you the best and will keep you in my thoughts (and you too Chelle Smile )

Mine too was totally unplanned and unexpected! I thought we were done with the first two kids LOL My youngest will turn 5 next month. Nothing like starting all over with the diapers and the constant care LOL But I guess it could be worse I have heard of ppl that have teenagers and then get prego again LOL

My first labor was a breeze compared to the second, but then i think that was my fault I wanted him out NOW!!! So me rushing to get him out made things worse then just waiting for him to be ready, but I did not want my kids having the same b-day!!! Bad enough they are one day apart!! (youngest is April 6, {not to mention my dads b-day too} and oldest is April 7) I'll be so glad to hear this kid will NOT be an April baby LOL
Back to top Go down
DumDog
mature pup
mature pup

Still no baby.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Still no baby....   Still no baby.... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 12:07 pm

part of me wants my son to be born on St. Patrick's Day.....
dont know why... i'm more Welsh than Irish.... and giving him a welsh name is just cruel.

we were at the river today and some woman asked the usual "when are you due" question... i said the 15th.. and she got all wide eyed "You're due in EIGHT DAYS?!" said it like three times. my cousin asked her "..are you ok?"

and the aggravating thing, maybe some of you will agree, is that a lot of people really start to bug you when you're so close to delivery... a girl at a fast food joint said "You're brave, coming here all by yourself that close to having your baby!"
what am i supposed to do? i would rather get in my car and go buy food than stand over a hot stove to cook it... if i cook, that means i have to clean... i dont wanna clean. everything is all clean already and i want it to STAY that way!
if my husband would let me, i would go out and buy a truck load of frozen pizzas and stuff like that just so i can have dinner read in 15 minutes.
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

Still no baby.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Still no baby....   Still no baby.... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 8:03 pm

No I get more annoyed by the fact that it seems everyone thinks I'm carrying a cow. Its this everyday,

"When are you due?"
Me: "March 20th
"Are you SURE you're not having twins"

WTF I'm 4'11, where the heck do I have to put a 6 lb baby? People are so inconsiderate and insensitive, the last thing in the world I wanna hear is that I'm HUGE!
Back to top Go down
DumDog
mature pup
mature pup

Still no baby.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Still no baby....   Still no baby.... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 11:13 am

i get the same stuff too.. i'm only 5'1" and with this pregnancy and the last people were saying stuff about twins.... of course NOW my husband is even saying "You look BIGGER than last time!" ...i give him a dirty look... and he says "I dont mean fatter, but this baby is BIGGER! its like... twins in there! you sure there wasnt two in the ultrasound??" Mad

oh and the other annoying thing is if i pick up something. i had to buy dog food once, someone was with me.. the dog food bag was 20 lbs... and i got a lecture about not picking up heavy things.... i had to point out that my kid was almost 25 lbs and i HAVE to carry him around or pick him up all the time. i dont see no volunteers to carry his butt around FOR me!
i was only about five months along at that time......
Back to top Go down
Mikado&Chalice
Top Pit
Top Pit
Mikado&Chalice

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2006-11-30

Still no baby.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Still no baby....   Still no baby.... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2007 10:32 am

I want another bay soooo bad. My son will be 15 in April. I would love to have another one I think I would be a better mother now that I'm older. I would want a boy again I think they are easier to be around. I'm a single mother so I had to do all the carring and drive myself to the hospital some people are so stupid. I wish you all the best. I can hardly wait to see some pictures of the little ones.
Back to top Go down
DumDog
mature pup
mature pup

Still no baby.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Still no baby....   Still no baby.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2007 7:01 pm

my experience, oddly enough has been mostly taking care of boys....
my cousin hired me as an aupair (live in nanny) back in 2003. i was fresh out of high school, had spent four years working with horses and dogs on a ranch and didnt know diddley squat about babies unless they have fur and four legs..... i dont know why she had so much faith in me cause i was scared to death!! but she showed me the basics for caring for her new born son so she could go back to work. i did that for three months and had a blast. i was sad when it ended, but it was a temporary job until the Day Care of choice had an opening..... of course the timing was perfect because the last week i was staying with them is when i met my future husband... so here i am with my own boys.
i worked at a day care for a couple of weeks but still when it came to caring for girls, they were all old enough to do things on their own, i was only in charge of nap time with the one year olds. never had to change any diapers, or deal with fussy babies. if anything, the girls were different from boys in that they were more watchful and quiet. at least THESE girls were. there were a few in particular that were just tooooo sweet. they would play quietly, get along with everyone. i always had to protect them from the boys.... if i wasnt paying attention some mean little boy toddler would come up behind them and whack them with a tonka truck Mad
boys are so mean!

as for my own son.... he's a loner and TOO busy! you can forget reading to him.... if he pays you any attention its only to take the book from you, look at it, then throw it down and go do something else. its strange how much he is into mechanical stuff. my husband informed me the other day that our son has a working knowledge ALREADY on how to put keys into the ignition, crank a car, and shift gears..... figured it out on his own just by watching from the back seat! the only weird thing is... my son is a cat person. he hasnt got the time of day for a dog. doesnt want anything to do with them no matter the size or breed, and we're always around dogs ranging from Chihuahuas to American Bulldogs. he has his own cat named Zero and they hang out together. my kid will come up to Zero, plop down beside him and pat him on the head or scratch his back or just... look at him. lol its kinda weird. and the cat is even worse! my kid has a toy car he likes to peddle around the yard, and the cat rides with him! Zero jumps in the car with him all on his own. he even hitches rides in the basket under the stroller.....
i guess i should consider myself lucky.... my kids and pets are weird, but not dysfunctional.... just the same.... i never have had any experience with taking care of baby girls. i'm sure its not all that hard to do, but the whole diaper changing thing is scary. if you dont clean them up just right you can cause infections..... or so i've heard. BUT i have also heard they potty train faster, learn to talk sooner.... and.. well they're just different lol

by the way, i think its about time for my second baby to get here. got the first sign of contractions around 5am this morning.. and they're starting to space out over 20 minutes... so..... OMG here we go again! lol
i am kinda glad though.... my last doctors visit they said if i didnt do this on my own then they would schedule a C-section next monday..... they dont want to induce me because of my previous birth being done via emergency c-section. induction could cause all kinds of problems....

So if you guys dont hear from me after a while.... then you know where i am! cheers
Back to top Go down
Anna @ Nikanas Pits
mature pup
mature pup
Anna @ Nikanas Pits

Still no baby.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Still no baby....   Still no baby.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2007 7:17 pm

Good Luck!!! I wish you the best and hope all goes well!!

me having a son and daughter, yes girls are different but not as bad as you may think LOL Between my two kids I would MUCH rather have another boy!! LOL My daughter is mouthy as it gets, she is head stong, and very defiant!!! It's her way or no way. She is 6 almost 7 now and moody as heck with an attitude of a 16 year old to boot!! My son on the other hand is very laid back, go with the flow kinda kid! Much more sensitive to me being upset with him! He is SOOOOO much easier to handle! LOL Maybe it's the age I dunno, my son is 4 almost 5.

Chelle......How are things on your end? Any closer to that little girl making her mark on the world?
Back to top Go down
Mikado&Chalice
Top Pit
Top Pit
Mikado&Chalice

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2006-11-30

Still no baby.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Still no baby....   Still no baby.... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2007 9:09 pm

That is what my mom told me about girls too they are very opionated and mouthy and the list went on. My son forgives you in a heart beat is very laid back and so sweet. From the time he could hold doors open for people we would have to stand at the enterance of stores while he held the door for everybody and their brother.

cheers I wish you all fast deliveries and healthy babies.cheers
Back to top Go down
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Number of posts : 1687

Still no baby.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Still no baby....   Still no baby.... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2007 2:13 am

Hahahhaa So is there a baby yet???
Very Happy
The doc stripped my membranes too and i hate to say "IT DONT WORK"
Well, it didnt for me at all, I hope that it did for you!!!
When i was prego, I was massive!!! I mean big and i would have people asking me if i was having twins... I didnt care much really cux all mine were over 9lbs... So i knew that i was big.....
Chelle, I dont know how big your kids were before this baby, But maybe you are big?? Do you have big babies, Cuz thats why they said it to me.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Still no baby.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Still no baby....   Still no baby.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Still no baby....
Page 1 of 1