The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What should you feed your dog when she's pregnant?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Xelleron
Top Pit
Top Pit
Xelleron

Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2006-12-22

What should you feed your dog when she's pregnant? Empty
PostSubject: What should you feed your dog when she's pregnant?   What should you feed your dog when she's pregnant? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2006 6:31 am

I've kinda kept quiet until now, just to see if you guys were opposed about breeding or not. But I can see you guys are okay about it and won't kill me! Back on the subject Brittle is pregnant, and I can't seem to keep weight on her, she eats a TON but doesn't seem to gain much weight for the puppies. Is there anything special I can give her to add some fat to her?
Back to top Go down
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2006-11-08

PostSubject: Re: What should you feed your dog when she's pregnant?   What should you feed your dog when she's pregnant? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2006 6:43 am

You might want to give a short explaination about what happen Smile
Back to top Go down
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2006-11-08

PostSubject: Re: What should you feed your dog when she's pregnant?   What should you feed your dog when she's pregnant? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2006 6:43 am

My brother gives his Trophy Dine. Its always done wonders for his females and the pups.

http://www17.serrahost.com/servlet/trophyanimalcarecom/-strse-70/Dyne®/Detail
Back to top Go down
Xelleron
Top Pit
Top Pit
Xelleron

PostSubject: Re: What should you feed your dog when she's pregnant?   What should you feed your dog when she's pregnant? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2006 6:47 am

LegendsMami wrote:
You might want to give a short explaination about what happen Smile

Lol, I will, I will. I was actually going to try to figure out how to say it before I posted anything so I don't get killed again.
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 799
Registration date : 2006-11-09

PostSubject: Re: What should you feed your dog when she's pregnant?   What should you feed your dog when she's pregnant? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2006 6:52 am

lol well stuff happens, find the pups a good home, and be responsible about placing them, and I'm sure no one will gripe on ya...Wink

If she's eating a ton taht's great! What are you feeding her? Puppy food is great, also add some yogart in her food, and some cottage cheese. Give eggs with shells 2 or 3 times a week. And (pppst) I give mine prenatal vitams for just a little extra stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.schismatickennels.com
Xelleron
Top Pit
Top Pit
Xelleron

PostSubject: Re: What should you feed your dog when she's pregnant?   What should you feed your dog when she's pregnant? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2006 6:56 am

schismatickennels wrote:
lol well stuff happens, find the pups a good home, and be responsible about placing them, and I'm sure no one will gripe on ya...Wink

If she's eating a ton taht's great! What are you feeding her? Puppy food is great, also add some yogart in her food, and some cottage cheese. Give eggs with shells 2 or 3 times a week. And (pppst) I give mine prenatal vitams for just a little extra stuff.

Wow! That's some great stuff! Now should the eggs be raw or cooked (I know, stupid question, but I gotta know because if I don't know, I'll do something stupid).
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: What should you feed your dog when she's pregnant?   What should you feed your dog when she's pregnant? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2006 6:58 am

Raw Wink
Back to top Go down
Xelleron
Top Pit
Top Pit
Xelleron

PostSubject: Re: What should you feed your dog when she's pregnant?   What should you feed your dog when she's pregnant? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2006 7:09 am

Sounds good to me!
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: What should you feed your dog when she's pregnant?   What should you feed your dog when she's pregnant? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2006 7:27 am

Chelle hit it on the head!
Back to top Go down
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Number of posts : 1687

PostSubject: Re: What should you feed your dog when she's pregnant?   What should you feed your dog when she's pregnant? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2006 12:30 pm

schismatickennels wrote:

YOU CAN DO THAT, Give them prenatal vitamins??!!! I wish i knew that... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Xelleron
Top Pit
Top Pit
Xelleron

PostSubject: Re: What should you feed your dog when she's pregnant?   What should you feed your dog when she's pregnant? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2006 12:48 pm

what exactly do the prenatal vitamines do?

I know... I just forgot and my insomnia kicked in and when that happens I forget my own name sometimes!
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: What should you feed your dog when she's pregnant?   What should you feed your dog when she's pregnant? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2006 7:26 pm

Xelleron wrote:
what exactly do the prenatal vitamines do?

I know... I just forgot and my insomnia kicked in and when that happens I forget my own name sometimes!

There is a pill for a pregnant bitch it's called bitch pills I know valleyvet sales them: www.valleyvet.com

The pill is just like with us women provide the protein and what not the mother needs and the baby needs make sure they aren't lacking in anything such as calcium, what not here is what the label says:

Bitch Pills
Thomas Laboratories

Description:
A nutritional supplement with special herbs for the breeding female during pre-heat, heat, gestation, whelping and lactation.

Active Ingredients:
Digest of beef liver, Sucrose, Cellulose, Montmorilonite, Di-Calcium Phosphate, Red Raspberry Leaves, Brewers Yeast, Marshmallow Root, Fennel Seed Powder, Blue Cohosh Powder, Licorice Root Powder, Ferrous Fumarate, Magnesium Oxide, Aspergillus Oryzae Fermentation Product, Ascorbic Acid, Dl-tocopherol Acetate, Magnesium Stearate, Bet carotene, Zinc Sulfate, Niacinamide, Vitamin A Palmitate, D-Activated Animal Sterol, Pyridoxine HCL, Riboflavin, Thiamine HCL, Folic Acid, Potassium Iodide, Cyanocobalamin.

Guaranteed Analysis:

Vitamin A
2000 IU

Vitamin D
100 IU

Vitamin E
7.5 IU

Vitamin C
15 MG

Folic Acid
0.2 MG

Thiamine
0.43 MG

Riboflavin
0.5 MG

Niacin
0.2 MG

Folic Acid
0.02 MG

Beta Carotene
2500 IU

Calcium
50 MG

Iodine
38 MCG

Iron
15 MG

Magnesium
25 MG

Zinc
7.5 MG

Dosage and Administration:
Dogs: 1 to 2 tablets per 50 lbs. body weight daily. Cats: ½ tablet daily.
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: What should you feed your dog when she's pregnant?   What should you feed your dog when she's pregnant? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2006 7:42 pm

Thanks christie. Honestly i gave mine the prenatals from teh dollar store, they cost about 3 dollars a bottle and you get 100 count. Works well, and it keeps them built up. Now if she starts throwing up try giving it to her after she eats. If she is still doing it. Cut it in half and give it to her after she eats Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What should you feed your dog when she's pregnant?   What should you feed your dog when she's pregnant? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What should you feed your dog when she's pregnant?
Page 1 of 1